Featured iRacing Time of Day Progression and Tsukuba Preview Videos

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +670
    So? That's what I said it's stupid.
    By now we should have animated pit crew pushing our cars to leave the pit box if other cars are blocking us like they do in real life :D not ghost cars

2. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak

Ratings:
    +41
    Well the ghosts cars are in place because some of the sim racers requested this... cause they were all stupid to avoid cars in the pits. That goes back to beta testing when a lot of beta testers came on board...
    in the alpha we had solid cars... and at some point there were incidents in the pits and a small amount of ppl were crying like babies... so go figure.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +670
    That sucks, in other sims this cause no issues. I've had people crashing other cars in pits because they were too used to iRacing style. Kinda funny they brag so much about simulation yet have this very arcadish feature.
    Do they have ghosts when cars spin or go off track too?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak

Ratings:
    +41
    nah, just the pit lane is a ghost town unfortunately ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing

Ratings:
    +2
    You even didn't bought !they clearlly wrote rent only! lol they thiefs !

6. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    also in massive pileups the cars in front turn into ghosts to avoid a whole field being taken out by one idiot in oval racing. not realistic but extremely convenient to keep the customer satisfied. works for me. sometimes you have these cars getting airborne in a ridiculous manner, they promptly become ghosts cause they shouldn't be up there in the first place, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos Premium

Ratings:
    +97
    Really excited for this new build. Tskuba will be awesome in the Mazda Cup and the Skippies. And time transitions are awesome!

And, oh yes, it’ll take me only 5 minutes to install and another 5 minutes to find a fun race. That’s why I pay iRacing for. Not for everybody, but works for me!

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    well, installing this massive update here takes about an hour, but there#s nothing like building up tension ...

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. snyperal

snyperal

Ratings:
    +167
    It's a good update but a no from me. Maybe when AI and ntm7 is released.

10. newbert

newbert

Ratings:
    +3
    Excuse my lack of car knowledge, but where's the Formula Renault 3.5? After downloading the update, I don't see it in the list of cars. Is it called something else?

Thanks!

11. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +900
    it will be in the store. fork over the cash and the renault will be in your list of owned cars. unless there was a mistake made yesterday. as of now i see it listed as formula renault 3.5.

12. newbert

newbert

Ratings:
    +3
    Wishful thinking on my part, I guess. I thought that it was free like the two tracks.

My mistake...Thanks.

• Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.