iRacing | BMW M4, Rallycross & IndyCar Headline Massive News Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have been exceptionally busy these last few days, with several exciting news releases about the sim...
  • Fantasy Dallara iR-01 preview.
  • New BMW M4 GT3 coming soon (in early access).
  • New rallycross venues and more!
iRacing BMW 2.jpg

Well, well, well... haven't iRacing been rather busy lately? The American development studio have been hard at work with quite a few new announcements on the run up to their next build release, so we've taken the opportunity to summarize some of the biggies from the last few days...

iRacing Dallara iR-01 Trailer:

“Our partnership with Dallara to bring the Dallara iR-01 to iRacing has been unlike any other project we’ve ever undertaken,” said iRacing executive producer Steve Myers. “With a clean sheet in front of us, we challenged ourselves to build the ultimate open-wheel racecar to bring to our users. The result is an exciting blend of the past, present, and future of grand prix racing that is thrilling to drive and produces incredible on-track battles.”​
“The collaboration with iRacing is long-standing, we got to know iRacing people more than 10 years ago when we were conceiving our driving simulator and looking for nice graphics while iRacing was looking for experts in the real life of motorsport,” said Andrea Pontremoli, Dallara Group CEO & General Manager. “That’s why we have enthusiastically welcomed the possibility of collaborating with them on this new project. Motorsport has been in Dallara’s DNA since its inception, along with the continuous search for new challenges. It is a way for Dallara to bring our knowledge and skills to the world of professional video games, with particular attention focused on the new generation of gamers and their interests. We gladly ventured into the design of a totally new and innovative car dedicated exclusively to the world of sim racers.”​

iRacing BMW M4 GT3 Early Access

iRacing Footer.jpg

The latest in a long line of BMW GT machines, iRacing have confirmed the yet to be raced new M4 GT3 will be joining the service as part of the December build, however the car will be considered an Early Access release initial as the studio look to gather further data from the real machine and release updates during the weeks and months ahead.

iRacing BMW 3.jpg

iRacing Rallycross:

Charlotte Motor Speedway layout will be available free to all users, while a new configuration at Brands Hatch Circuit will be available as an update to all users who already own the track, as well as any users who purchase it after the fact.

iRacing Cedar Lake Raceway Preview Video

Cedar Lake is a track we've already spoken about here at RaceDepartment, and it with release anticipated later this month the developers have dropped a nice preview video of the track, no doubt whetting the appetites of players keen to get their hands on the new venue in the very near future.

iRacing Cedar Lake.jpg

iRacing is available now, exclusively to PC.

Got questions? We got answers! Start a new thread in the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment today.

iRacing Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Although not the biggest fan of fantasy cars I find the Dallara IR01 very interesting (those V10 sounds, this pure and aggressive look). Also a brave decision considering how harsh their community can be.

900cv and 600kg...With tons of aero. This car will be driven for 1-2 weeks and then abandoned apart from the pros that maybe will drive a championship on it with prizes!

I find it a really dumb car, too difficult to setup and to be driven by the average drivers!

There's also a lambo coming based upon their recent tweet that provided only sound coming out of a car at Long Beach. Sounded a lot like the lambo and also seems to coincide with a roof pic they released that had lambo vents on it.

Whoo! Lambo! Long Beach! BMW M4! Gonna be a good one.

I don't want to suggest anything that would be against RD policies, but we should try to get an index going of RD users who are also iRacers. The iRacing ranked competition is awesome, but I use it on a pretty anonymous basis in the sense that I think I only have one actual "friend" on iRacing and, ironically, it's someone I know from real life!) It would be cool to know if any RDer's are on any given server with you. We could watch other's backs...or try to take each other out...you know, see how it goes! :p

900cv and 600kg...With tons of aero. This car will be driven for 1-2 weeks and then abandoned apart from the pros that maybe will drive a championship on it with prizes!

I find it a really dumb car, too difficult to setup and to be driven by the average drivers!
Talking about the harsh community, lol.

Now, seriously, they promised the opposite, a car "easy" to setup/race. But I think that the fact it is a fantasy car doesn't go along with most iRacing members expectations.

Last edited:
The year is 2060. A conversation between a father and his son while iRacing.

Son: Dad, why do these cars in my simulator make so much noise?
Father: Ahh well son. Back in the 20th century and the early part of this century cars like the ones in your simulator were powered by Internal Combustion Engines. There were V12, V10, V8 and many other configurations.
Son: Why did they stop using them?
Father: Well son they polluted the earth so the governments banned them and now they are only museum pieces or in simulators.
Son: That's too bad
Father: Why do you say that?
Son: Because they sound amazing and not at all like mom's hair dryer.

Last edited:

They literally said it WON'T be hard to setup and it doesn't have tons of aero. If you'd have watched the released video Dallara designed it to be a clean follow, meaning less dirty air and aero pieces.

They literally said it WON'T be hard to setup and it doesn't have tons of aero. If you'd have watched the released video Dallara designed it to be a clean follow, meaning less dirty air and aero pieces.
Yeah, I was initially a little skeptical but after thinking about it....the McClaren F1 car they have now was rarely used until last season when they dumbed down the MGU unit. If I was ever going to make a modern day F1 car, this is what I would want and its simple to operate so I really can't complain. Hopefully it's fun to drive.

Although not the biggest fan of fantasy cars I find the Dallara IR01 very interesting (those V10 sounds, this pure and aggressive look). Also a brave decision considering how harsh their community can be.
Problem of this car is, they will obviously charge it full price, even though it isn't a real car. But if it would be less expensive, the community will accept the car better in my opinion. I will buy the car either way, it's just iRacing should keep this fact in mind.

I don't want to sound like the big guy with big balls but...

I raced from 2011 to 2014 in the iRacing World Championship Series (Matthias Egger) that was raced with the old Williams FW31. Video or non video...that Dallara is an extreme race car that in no way will be simple to drive and to build a good setup. Believe me, that car will be abandoned very fast by the average drivers on the service ;)

Driving and preparing an F1 car took me at least 3 hours per day before a race in the World Championship compared to 4 hours in total for a race in the World Endurance Championship with a GT3/GTE car.

This Dallara will not be easy ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back