iRacing | BMW M4, Rallycross & IndyCar Headline Massive News Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have been exceptionally busy these last few days, with several exciting news releases about the sim...
  • Fantasy Dallara iR-01 preview.
  • New BMW M4 GT3 coming soon (in early access).
  • New rallycross venues and more!
iRacing BMW 2.jpg

Well, well, well... haven't iRacing been rather busy lately? The American development studio have been hard at work with quite a few new announcements on the run up to their next build release, so we've taken the opportunity to summarize some of the biggies from the last few days...

iRacing Dallara iR-01 Trailer:

“Our partnership with Dallara to bring the Dallara iR-01 to iRacing has been unlike any other project we’ve ever undertaken,” said iRacing executive producer Steve Myers. “With a clean sheet in front of us, we challenged ourselves to build the ultimate open-wheel racecar to bring to our users. The result is an exciting blend of the past, present, and future of grand prix racing that is thrilling to drive and produces incredible on-track battles.”​
“The collaboration with iRacing is long-standing, we got to know iRacing people more than 10 years ago when we were conceiving our driving simulator and looking for nice graphics while iRacing was looking for experts in the real life of motorsport,” said Andrea Pontremoli, Dallara Group CEO & General Manager. “That’s why we have enthusiastically welcomed the possibility of collaborating with them on this new project. Motorsport has been in Dallara’s DNA since its inception, along with the continuous search for new challenges. It is a way for Dallara to bring our knowledge and skills to the world of professional video games, with particular attention focused on the new generation of gamers and their interests. We gladly ventured into the design of a totally new and innovative car dedicated exclusively to the world of sim racers.”​

iRacing BMW M4 GT3 Early Access

iRacing Footer.jpg

The latest in a long line of BMW GT machines, iRacing have confirmed the yet to be raced new M4 GT3 will be joining the service as part of the December build, however the car will be considered an Early Access release initial as the studio look to gather further data from the real machine and release updates during the weeks and months ahead.

iRacing BMW 3.jpg

iRacing Rallycross:

Charlotte Motor Speedway layout will be available free to all users, while a new configuration at Brands Hatch Circuit will be available as an update to all users who already own the track, as well as any users who purchase it after the fact.

iRacing Cedar Lake Raceway Preview Video

Cedar Lake is a track we've already spoken about here at RaceDepartment, and it with release anticipated later this month the developers have dropped a nice preview video of the track, no doubt whetting the appetites of players keen to get their hands on the new venue in the very near future.

iRacing Cedar Lake.jpg

iRacing is available now, exclusively to PC.

Got questions? We got answers! Start a new thread in the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment today.

iRacing Footer.jpg

Last edited:
does the rallycross have different safety rating point system ? cause with the amount of contact and all the off track action, I guess you would be out of license very quickly

I wouldn't lie, the RallyX content looks very promising to me, if I ever get a chance to get back, woudl be fun to try, although is any of those cars / tracks for free? ( oh they are, sweet!)

Last edited:
does the rallycross have different safety rating point system ? cause with the amount of contact and all the off track action, I guess you would be out of license very quickly

I wouldn't lie, the RallyX content looks very promising to me, if I ever get a chance to get back, woudl be fun to try, although is any of those cars / tracks for free?

Can't remember, I treat RX as a non-contact sport, which it kinda is, bumper to bumper is a no-no. Door to Door is OK.

Yuup. Beetle RX is free, same is Daytona and Phoenix RX, they are all a part of the IRX Rookie series :)

I wouldn't lie, the RallyX content looks very promising to me, if I ever get a chance to get back, woudl be fun to try, although is any of those cars / tracks for free? ( oh they are, sweet!)
I seem to recall the last time I looked in the sporting code both dirt oval and dirt road use a slightly more lenient safety rating to account for the fact you're on a loose surface

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%