Introducing the Audi R8 LMS 2016 for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 2.jpg

Check out these preview images from the Audi R8 LMS 2016 due to release as part of the 'Ready to Race' DLC coming to Assetto Corsa next Thursday.

When the surprise reveal of the 'Ready to Race' DLC dropped earlier this week, many of the ten strong pack of cars announced as forming part of the line up gained plenty of interest from a sim racing community looking forward to taking the virtual machines out on the track in anger come release day on May 18th.

As part of the build up process, Kunos have revealed further images and a nice little write up for one of the most exciting of the new inclusions, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 from 2016. Joining many of it's class counterparts in the popular GT3 portion of the title, the R8 LMS should prove itself to be a very popular addition to the sim.

So whilst we all await the release in just five days time, let's take a moment to check out these awesome looking pictures of the car revealed by Kunos earlier today...

Said Kunos of the R8 LMS reveal post on Facebook:

"The new Audi R8 LMS features advanced race car technology and follows in the footsteps of its successful predecessor. Audi fans were already able to marvel at the new GT3 sports car from Neckarsulm in full action in 2015. For instance, in the 24-hour race at the Nurburgring, where the Audi Sport Team WRT celebrated overall victory with the new R8 LMS. Also at the 12-hour race at Sepang, where the Aud...i R8 LMS went onto take a one-two-three win.

The 2016 season also began successfully: An overall victory in the Dubai 24 Hours and a class win in the classic Daytona 24 Hours".

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation built for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The 'Ready to Race' DLC will release for PC on Thursday May 18th, with console versions to follow "in the near future".

Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 5.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to trying the R8 LMS? Which of the 'Ready to Race' DLC cars most excite you? What do you think would be a reasonable price for the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
$$$$ + Time which equals even more $$$$
---------------------
I have no facts to back this next statement up; this is simply me pondering:
I have a suspicion that a DLC with a track in it (that isn't the Ring or LeMans) doesn't sell that much better than a DLC with only cars, even though it costs much more to produce.
------------------------
Still not sure why we are discussing tracks in a thread that is about a new car release, and now I am as guilty as everybody else.
Kunos can always tag a car along with a track release to make it worth it for most of us. Even if it's one car, people will buy it. $7 for a car and track sounds about right to me.

They do but the specific Le Mans package or "low downforce package", that was one of three packages they were allowed to homologate during the season (someone correct me if I am wrong), is the one that is available in game on both of the Porsche LMP1's. Granted they will often use the low downforce at silverstone (the season opener) in order to develop the higher downforce packages for longer for the later races in the campaign but that doesn't take away from the cars being utterly silly choices for the current track list in AC.

I am really hoping the Audi and Toyota aren't in this Le Mans spec package and if that is the case maybe the Porsche LMP1's high downforce packages could be added along with this dlc. Making them much more interesting and variable cars.

On topic: I guess yay more GT3? :p

Yeah I kinda remembered afterwards that 919 possibly is a low df version, but at the time I wrote the first post I was talking about real life.
However, even if and when Raikku ment protos being useless in AC without Le Mans I still disagree. I've had plenty of good races with them in AC.

These sort of relentless posts about content we don't have are so disappointing to read. It seems so many can't just be grateful for what we are getting, and just automatically see the negatives about what we are not.

I truly believe all these people constantly asking for more should consider creating content themselves. You'll see a whole new perspective, I promise you. Its very rare you see creators asking for more, only consumers.

Last edited:
These sort of relentless posts about content we don't have are so disappointing to read. It seems so many can't just be grateful for what we are getting, and just automatically see the negatives about what we are not.
To be fair, right now I wouldn't exactly say that the content we have is actually all that much, particularly for non-league MP since you're still locked out of joining servers that use any DLC cars even if you don't want to drive them. It absolutely wouldn't hurt to see new tracks, as the current ones, while good, got stale quite a while ago.

For sheer content, especially with regards to the track-to-car balance, I'd even dare say AC is the worst of the bunch right now, even below simcades like F1 2016 which at least has tons of tracks that are legitimate options online.

To be fair, right now I wouldn't exactly say that the content we have is actually all that much, particularly for non-league MP since you're still locked out of joining servers that use any DLC cars even if you don't want to drive them. It absolutely wouldn't hurt to see new tracks, as the current ones, while good, got stale quite a while ago.

For sheer content, especially with regards to the track-to-car balance, I'd even dare say AC is the worst of the bunch right now, even below simcades like F1 2016 which at least has tons of tracks that are legitimate options online.

Right, but my point is can we not just enjoy the stuff we do have? Nowhere was I disputing we are low on tracks compared to cars, but that was not my point.

Its just a product of the way AC is being ran - fully licensed laserscanned tracks, small company. There are pros and cons to this setup, but its the way it is and we should just enjoy it. There are plenty of alternative products that do things differently.

The way I look at it is this: We have a nice selections of very high quality tracks that give me the feeling of being there IRL. If I want quantity, I go for mod tracks (of which there are loads, and plenty of really well made stuff too).
We have a huge selection of cars that all have their nuances, and until I have mastered each one and on every track lapping like an alien, then I won't get bored.

This is my point. This is what AC excels at, and why I and many others spend so much time on it. Lets enjoy it. As you said, its not the greatest at track selection, but you listed some that were, so go enjoy them too!

They do but the specific Le Mans package or "low downforce package", that was one of three packages they were allowed to homologate during the season (someone correct me if I am wrong), is the one that is available in game on both of the Porsche LMP1's. Granted they will often use the low downforce at silverstone (the season opener) in order to develop the higher downforce packages for longer for the later races in the campaign but that doesn't take away from the cars being utterly silly choices for the current track list in AC.
I'm not that sure that the two 919 Hybrid we have in AC are with low downforce spec.
The fastest laps in 2015 of the two 919 at Silverstone were 1.39.53 and 1.39.97.
Keep in mind that in 2015 Porsche used medium downforce spec at Silverstone and Spa, a low downforce package at Le Mans and then an high downforce package at Nürburgring until the end of the season.
Now, according to RSR leaderboard, the WR in AC is 1.40.09, about 5 tenths slower than the pole sitter but registered at PRO conditions of 26°, about 15° more than the actual WEC where they benefitted of a dry track in cooler conditions.
This means than in qually trim with 11° in AC the 919 2015 is definitely able to go well in to low 1.39 or even to break into 1.38, about half a second faster than the pole sitting 919.
Eventually no, in my opinion the 919 simulated in AC are not only in low downforce spec.

Last edited:
I'm not that sure that the two 919 Hybrid we have in AC are with low downforce spec.
The fastest laps in 2015 of the two 919 at Silverstone were 1.39.53 and 1.39.97.
Keep in mind that in 2015 Porsche used medium downforce spec at Silverstone and Spa, a low downforce package at Le Mans and then an high downforce package at Nürburgring until the end of the season.
Now, according to RSR leaderboard, the WR in AC is 1.40.09, about 5 tenths slower than the pole sitter but registered at PRO conditions of 26°, about 15° more than the actual WEC where they benefitted of a dry track in cooler conditions.
This means than in qually trim with 11° in AC the 919 2015 is definitely able to go well in to low 1.39 or even to break into 1.38, about half a second faster than the pole sitting 919.
Eventually no, in my opinion the 919 simulated in AC are not only in low downforce spec.
They are low DF spec but we have more hybrid than IRL. We have 8MJ for all tracks whereas IRL have that only for Le Mans...

Last edited:
First we would need
First we would need Le Mans, and fast. Those WEC prototypes are useless without LM.

ans, and fast. Those WEC prototypes are useless without LM
Idk what you're trying to tell me, but I couldn't care less about your childish beefs with someone. And that is all I have to say about that.
That whole argument started with asking for Lemans. Please, by all means go there and knock yourself out. Childish beefs ... whatever... you will enjoy the interaction I'm certain.

Last edited:
How about we talk about the R8 LMS instead of LMPs and race tracks?
Its killing me ,
Every single topic turns into a wish list about tracks or some garbage :speechless:

If I am sat eating a Big Mac , Last thing I need is some clowns talking about a Burger King special offer ,
I came here to eat my Big Mac , Leave us alone ,
If you want tracks go make a thread .............

LOL :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
About that Audi R8 LMS 2016? Just another GT3 car, too much df and too little top speed...that Maserati makes up for it though :thumbsup:
I'd spend about 9€ on this pack, €50 if Stefano throws in a good mood for 6 months :D:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back