Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 223075

• Deleted member 223075

Ah great news. I thought Assetto Corsa was dead.

Ok guys just little precision : I don't want to be rude with the game but within last months no news from developers or others, or it was very discreet. So i'm very happy that new DLC coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, also thought AC was slowly dying :sneaky:

May 18th? I hope they mean May18th of 2018 because my calender for 2017 is allready reserved for other games. I wouldn't even have HDD space left to reinstall AC ... but i plan to upgrade my pc somewhere in 2018/2019.... maybe then :p:D

Yet more paid DLC before they have even added basic features advertised at launch on the console version. The article fails to mention this update will come to console at some unspecified future point know to all AC players as SOON.

No matter how good this update or the cars are, no more money from me on pc or console until the console version has 'fully customisable multiplayer' as listed on the game website, posters and box.

A little bit odd to see the two LMP1s being from 2014, otherwise a very good looking DLC.
They've been announced as licensed a long time ago, not that odd. Just odd that it took them so long to release.

The 2014 cars should still be pretty competitive with two 919. 2014 and 2016 LMP1 had similar lap times in the 3:20s at la Sarthe.

yeah, also thought AC was slowly dying :sneaky:

May 18th? I hope they mean May18th of 2018 because my calender for 2017 is allready reserved for other games. I wouldn't even have HDD space left to reinstall AC ... but i plan to upgrade my pc somewhere in 2018/2019.... maybe then :p:D
If you're not interested in it you bother commenting here then because...?

A good collection of cars though I could do without the 570S, which I feel as the least desirable in the list. The MC12 on the other hand is great news though again, it has no direct competitor in the game. Wonder how it will fare against a Zonda R and 911 GT1. But damn, that's one tasty race machine. If only they managed to give all direct competitors for the 911 GT1 or the MC12 GT1 ...

terms of AI, its pace is good but what it really needs is to be taught some racecraft. For example, the AI is so dangerously weak at the second chicane on Monza. Whether you defend or attack, inside or outside, contact is bound to happen. That's just one issue.

I was so sure of Laguna Seca announcement with this DLC news but looks like they've still not managed to speed up track development.

I was so sure of Laguna Seca announcement with this DLC news but looks like they've still not managed to speed up track development.

Work on Laguna Seca hasn't even begun, don't expect that track till end of year probably if ever. They had some strange license issues going back to last year with it.

I am surprised we didn't get M6 GT3 with this new pack it was said to be early 2017 in year end blog.

Awesome news. Awesome that AI is getting updated, the way Stefano talked about it in the AC forums implies it is a great improvement, and the most needed one for AC in my opinion. Awesome cars in the DLC, if they had the M6 GT3 instead of that road McLaren, it would have been even more awesome.

Long story short. AWESOME :D

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 79 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 67 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.7%