Introducing the Audi R8 LMS 2016 for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 2.jpg

Check out these preview images from the Audi R8 LMS 2016 due to release as part of the 'Ready to Race' DLC coming to Assetto Corsa next Thursday.

When the surprise reveal of the 'Ready to Race' DLC dropped earlier this week, many of the ten strong pack of cars announced as forming part of the line up gained plenty of interest from a sim racing community looking forward to taking the virtual machines out on the track in anger come release day on May 18th.

As part of the build up process, Kunos have revealed further images and a nice little write up for one of the most exciting of the new inclusions, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 from 2016. Joining many of it's class counterparts in the popular GT3 portion of the title, the R8 LMS should prove itself to be a very popular addition to the sim.

So whilst we all await the release in just five days time, let's take a moment to check out these awesome looking pictures of the car revealed by Kunos earlier today...

Said Kunos of the R8 LMS reveal post on Facebook:

"The new Audi R8 LMS features advanced race car technology and follows in the footsteps of its successful predecessor. Audi fans were already able to marvel at the new GT3 sports car from Neckarsulm in full action in 2015. For instance, in the 24-hour race at the Nurburgring, where the Audi Sport Team WRT celebrated overall victory with the new R8 LMS. Also at the 12-hour race at Sepang, where the Aud...i R8 LMS went onto take a one-two-three win.

The 2016 season also began successfully: An overall victory in the Dubai 24 Hours and a class win in the classic Daytona 24 Hours".

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation built for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The 'Ready to Race' DLC will release for PC on Thursday May 18th, with console versions to follow "in the near future".

Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 5.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to trying the R8 LMS? Which of the 'Ready to Race' DLC cars most excite you? What do you think would be a reasonable price for the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Brno is already available in the form of an excellent mod. Hungaoring as well, iirc.

Nope! the best price would be 0€ :D
But yes, concerning the tracks we absolutely need more content. Laguna seca coming ok, good but need more like Hockenheim, Hungaoring, Paul Ricard, road america, sebring etc.. There a lot to do !
And night maybe one day ? :=)

Since we're on the tracks subject, for me are Le Mans and Hockenheimring that I would like to see in AC as laserscanned track. Not going to put focus on Laguna Seca as a wish since hopefully they sort it out and still make it this year, but again, laserscanned has all the worth.

Yeah, I agree with you that more laserscanned tracks would be great!
OK, there are some very detailed modded tracks out there, but obviosuly a laserscanned version adds something more detailed.

The best option would be scanning tracks used by the GT Series, the missing ones in Europe, in case scanning tracks in Asia or America is difficult for them. Misano for example, long time ago Casillo himself told it was really expensive to acquire, as license.
misano no please such a boring park slot

First we would need Le Mans, and fast. Those WEC prototypes are useless without LM. And another thing is that we would need those newer style gt/dtm/etc-steering wheels asap from manufacturers, Fanatec etc. It just doesn't feel right to drive those cars with F1 or round(ish)-wheels.

First we would need Le Mans, and fast. Those WEC prototypes are useless without LM. And another thing is that we would need those newer style gt/dtm/etc-steering wheels asap from manufacturers, Fanatec etc. It just doesn't feel right to drive those cars with F1 or round(ish)-wheels.
I Had that Xbox universal hub from fanatec for my PC Base ,
You can attach any wheel you wish , dont know what your fussing about to be honest :)

Tell me where to find that kind of gt/dtm-rim(or "rim" is quite far expression )? Haven't seen them anywhere. And no, top cut momo is not similar wheel. And F1-style wheel has nothing to do with those. What I mean is that you should have 1:1 wheel compared to irl for all kind of cars, otherwise it kills immersion quite badly.

we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need

we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need we need
Give them the moon , They would complain they want the sun too , but gets better they expect that for free too :D

Being so useless it's amazing how they manage to race at 8 tracks other than Le Mans during the season.

Would be nice to get Le Mans from Kunos though.

Being so useless it's amazing how they manage to race at 8 tracks other than Le Mans during the season.

Would be nice to get Le Mans from Kunos though.
They do but the specific Le Mans package or "low downforce package", that was one of three packages they were allowed to homologate during the season (someone correct me if I am wrong), is the one that is available in game on both of the Porsche LMP1's. Granted they will often use the low downforce at silverstone (the season opener) in order to develop the higher downforce packages for longer for the later races in the campaign but that doesn't take away from the cars being utterly silly choices for the current track list in AC.

I am really hoping the Audi and Toyota aren't in this Le Mans spec package and if that is the case maybe the Porsche LMP1's high downforce packages could be added along with this dlc. Making them much more interesting and variable cars.

On topic: I guess yay more GT3? :p

$$$$ + Time which equals even more $$$$
---------------------
I have no facts to back this next statement up; this is simply me pondering:
I have a suspicion that a DLC with a track in it (that isn't the Ring or LeMans) doesn't sell that much better than a DLC with only cars, even though it costs much more to produce.
------------------------
Still not sure why we are discussing tracks in a thread that is about a new car release, and now I am as guilty as everybody else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back