Input Display - SimHub overlay

Apps Input Display - SimHub overlay 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi!
I'm struggling to make this work well with ACC. I've loaded it as an overlay on top of ACC, and the game is running in windowed. When the game is focused the Input overlay is lagging/slow/not updating properly, but the second I alt tab out of the game to focus another program it's all good and works perfectly. When I focus Sim hub to make the overlay run smootly, the game lags and I don't have full control of it obiously.

Is there a fix to this? Anything I'm doing wrong or can change?

EDIT: After further testing it seems like it's Streamlabs OBS that is the issue. Whenever SLOBS is running, the overlay stops working properly.

Last edited:
maybe I'm idiot but I don't know how to add wheel/pedals input to the app

SEDyO7M.png

I have t500rs base and t-lcm pedals

and I don't know why app not showing for me the images of the wheel etc under overlay settings like in ur video

I have this kind of error too
WARN - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Romainrob.ExtraInputProperties.ExtraInputProperties.DataUpdate(PluginManager pluginManager, GameData& data)
at SimHub.Plugins.PluginManager.manager_DataUpdated(GameData data, IGameManager manager)

Last edited:
Input trace is not working, I just downloaded it but there is no Additional Plugins to enable according to documentation. It is a extra file that is not in the exe installer?

maybe I'm idiot but I don't know how to add wheel/pedals input to the app

SEDyO7M.png

I have t500rs base and t-lcm pedals

and I don't know why app not showing for me the images of the wheel etc under overlay settings like in ur video

I have this kind of error too
WARN - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Romainrob.ExtraInputProperties.ExtraInputProperties.DataUpdate(PluginManager pluginManager, GameData& data)
at SimHub.Plugins.PluginManager.manager_DataUpdated(GameData data, IGameManager manager)
same here

Hello simracers.
I have a problem, I search the forums, but I can't find how to make the steering wheel move in simhub, which gauge needs to be added, or what needs to be typed in value. If you are so kind and briefly describe the procedure in simhub, how to make the steering wheel input display. For the pedals and the rest, I succeeded, but with the steering wheel, I can't figure out what I have to do to make the image from the steering wheel move .
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the information and happy holidays.

Hello simracers.
I have a problem, I search the forums, but I can't find how to make the steering wheel move in simhub, which gauge needs to be added, or what needs to be typed in value. If you are so kind and briefly describe the procedure in simhub, how to make the steering wheel input display. For the pedals and the rest, I succeeded, but with the steering wheel, I can't figure out what I have to do to make the image from the steering wheel move .
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the information and happy holidays.
Hi,
If the current game offers steering data, the plugin will use it in priority.
If not, or if you prefer to display raw steering input, you have to map a steering axis in the "Additional plugins" screen.
1. First make sure the "Controller input" plugin is enabled in SimHub Settings/Plugins screen.
2. Then in the Additional plugins/RSC - Input Display screen click on the Bind button for the steering axis
3. Find and select your steering axis in the property list. (Search "Input" or "Joystick" to filter the property list)
Then then wheel should rotate even for game lacking steering data.
I hope this helps.

Hi,
If the current game offers steering data, the plugin will use it in priority.
If not, or if you prefer to display raw steering input, you have to map a steering axis in the "Additional plugins" screen.
1. First make sure the "Controller input" plugin is enabled in SimHub Settings/Plugins screen.
2. Then in the Additional plugins/RSC - Input Display screen click on the Bind button for the steering axis
3. Find and select your steering axis in the property list. (Search "Input" or "Joystick" to filter the property list)
Then then wheel should rotate even for game lacking steering data.
I hope this helps.
Hi Romainrob,
Thank you for the fast answer at first.
So,I figured out that game RBR offer steering data under the (JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X),value it's 65535,so when I move my wheel left and right,I can see the number moving to and when I use circular gauge,I can move the colors in gauge with wheel,but wheel image does not move and it's covered with colors.
I was trying also yours instructions with looking for the Bind button,but I didn't found it in Additional plugins,or I missed something.Under Additional plugins I have just About and More...Core data...
Whatever,I just know that the steering wheel is detected and in circular gauge I can move colors,but image of steering wheel is frozen:p.
Anyway thanks for the help, i will keep trying and digging until I figure out how to tune, hehe.I know it's not complicated, I just don't know simhub well, i met him recently.
Also on YT there is no recording for people like me, with a little computer knowledge, you can usually find everything, but how to make steering wheel input display move in Simhub unfortunately not.
I think it is time that you should start with making famouse -How to- videos,or you are already doing!?;)
Have a nice holidays.

Hi Romainrob,
Thank you for the fast answer at first.
So,I figured out that game RBR offer steering data under the (JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X),value it's 65535,so when I move my wheel left and right,I can see the number moving to and when I use circular gauge,I can move the colors in gauge with wheel,but wheel image does not move and it's covered with colors.
I was trying also yours instructions with looking for the Bind button,but I didn't found it in Additional plugins,or I missed something.Under Additional plugins I have just About and More...Core data...
Whatever,I just know that the steering wheel is detected and in circular gauge I can move colors,but image of steering wheel is frozen:p.
Anyway thanks for the help, i will keep trying and digging until I figure out how to tune, hehe.I know it's not complicated, I just don't know simhub well, i met him recently.
Also on YT there is no recording for people like me, with a little computer knowledge, you can usually find everything, but how to make steering wheel input display move in Simhub unfortunately not.
I think it is time that you should start with making famouse -How to- videos,or you are already doing!?;)
Have a nice holidays.
Hi,
I'm not making SimHub tutorial videos.
I'd suggest checking Adam Heart channel for that:

I misunderstood your original question.
I thought you need help to get the overlay/plugin I made working.
But it seems your making your own.
To make an image component rotate, you have to bind a formula to the image rotation angle field.

You'll have to choose a property.
You can use JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X to reflect your raw inputs.
Or DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Steering for the steering angle exposed by RBR. These may differ due to various game input settings (linearity, per car steering lock, saturation, speed sensitivity...).
Then you' have to figure out the formula, so it return an angle/degree value, which depend on the value range of the property you want to use.

Hi,
I'm not making SimHub tutorial videos.
I'd suggest checking Adam Heart channel for that:

I misunderstood your original question.
I thought you need help to get the overlay/plugin I made working.
But it seems your making your own.
To make an image component rotate, you have to bind a formula to the image rotation angle field.

You'll have to choose a property.
You can use JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X to reflect your raw inputs.
Or DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Steering for the steering angle exposed by RBR. These may differ due to various game input settings (linearity, per car steering lock, saturation, speed sensitivity...).
Then you' have to figure out the formula, so it return an angle/degree value, which depend on the value range of the property you want to use.
Hello,
I also found Adam on YT,but I couldn't found what I was looking for, but I can say that it is now clearer to me what I need to do, but I have no idea how to find the right formula.I usually use in rally game 540 degree angel of the wheel,in properties under joystickPlugin....the raw is 65535 and like I see,I used the wrong gauge,because I should use image toggle or just image in editor.But in image if I'am right,you can't put the value,because image just don't have a line for value.
I will check the link you gave me and I'll see if I will be able to figured something.
Otherwise yes,I'am trying to do a dashboard on my own,because I really like this tool,it's very interesting making different dashboards based on your own taste.But openly I can say that I tried also yours and I didn't have luck for the wheel moving,just pedals:D
Anyway,thank you very much,you are really fast in giving answers,very nice of you and for my opinion,you really should start making videos,hehe;)
I will let you know if I will figured something.

Hi, I've figured out how to make the steering wheel image move, but I can't figure out how to sync the image with the physical steering wheel I control. That's probably what you mentioned (linearity, per car steering lock, saturation, speed sensitivity). Is it possible to manage this in Simhub and if so, where exactly? Or if I somehow calculate the formula from Insert property, raw, which is 65535 max. and the steering wheel angle 540 to get out a value that will synchronize the physical steering wheel and the steering wheel image input.
I apologize for the inconvenience and at the same time thank you for all the information, thank you for your patience and kindness.

Hi,
For JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X SimHub reads the value from the device directly. So it's not processed by the game at this point.
To get it to match your wheel it's a math problem now.
If your wheel is set to 540°, try this as your rotation formula:
270 - [JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X] / 65535 * 540

Hi,
For JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X SimHub reads the value from the device directly. So it's not processed by the game at this point.
To get it to match your wheel it's a math problem now.
If your wheel is set to 540°, try this as your rotation formula:
270 - [JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X] / 65535 * 540
Hi,
What can I say, like that you are a genius, the formula is the right one, the only problem is that the physical steering wheel and the steering wheel image turn in the opposite direction. When I turn left, the picture of the steering wheel goes to the right.
Only this little problem remained and we won :)

Dear Romainrob,I found the right formula,after one hour of changing formula from left to right,changing different number and so on,I figured that the right formula is 90+(JoystickPlugin.FANATEC_CSL_Elite_Wheel_Base_X)/65535*540.
But let's be honest, without you, I would never have found out, so my friend, thank you again from the bottom of my heart, you are a great emperor and your products are also extraordinary. I wish you all the best, big thanks again;)

Hi, I've read through the thread and usually don't have an issue with installing mods, but does anyone know where I install the steering folder to get any of the steering wheels with Telemetry to show in game?

Hi, I've read through the thread and usually don't have an issue with installing mods, but does anyone know where I install the steering folder to get any of the steering wheels with Telemetry to show in game?
Hi,
I'm not sure to understand the question.
The installer handles copying the files, so you shouldn't have to worry about where to place them.

Once RSC setup is installed, make sure to enable the "RSC input display" plugin when prompted to, or from SimHub Settings/Plugins screen.
Then head to "Additional plugins/RSC input display" to configure the overlay.

If this doesn't help, please describe what is the exact issue you're running into and zip and share this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs.

Hi,
I'm not sure to understand the question.
The installer handles copying the files, so you shouldn't have to worry about where to place them.

Once RSC setup is installed, make sure to enable the "RSC input display" plugin when prompted to, or from SimHub Settings/Plugins screen.
Then head to "Additional plugins/RSC input display" to configure the overlay.

If this doesn't help, please describe what is the exact issue you're running into and zip and share this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs.
Hi, yes so sorry to be a bother and wasn't expecting the developer to respond thanks that's huge. I've done the steps you suggested but I am still unable to have any of the steering wheels show in the game. Will do a fresh install of the Input Display and start over, I'm sure it's on my end just have to figure it out. Not sure of the exact issue as far as I know I'm following the steps, just not seeing any way to prompt the steering wheel to appear in game.

Hi, yes so sorry to be a bother and wasn't expecting the developer to respond thanks that's huge. I've done the steps you suggested but I am still unable to have any of the steering wheels show in the game. Will do a fresh install of the Input Display and start over, I'm sure it's on my end just have to figure it out. Not sure of the exact issue as far as I know I'm following the steps, just not seeing any way to prompt the steering wheel to appear in game.
HI, no need to apologize ;) The issue could be on my end too...
Let me know if reinstalling helped.
If not please share the logs folder as described above, and maybe some screenshots if relevant.

Do you see the overlay, but with a missing steering wheel?
Or no overlay at all?

The game must be running in windowed mode for an overlay to be visible btw
I won't show up on top of full screen game.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea