Cars I'm making a Jaguar D-Type mod, need help.

Probably still on the To Do List but I definitely recommend not leaving hard edges like this, especially so close to the drivers view :)

upload_2019-2-14_14-54-16.png

A simple extra loop and merge smoothing groups should suffice

IGoG1LH.png

Looking good! Obviously the version of the model I have is pretty rough and ready, but stress on ready. I have all of the physics ported over. Making some tweaks to the tires and a couple other small things. I'll be ready to go when you are. :thumbsup:

Should we get a proper build thread started?

Looking good! Obviously the version of the model I have is pretty rough and ready, but stress on ready. I have all of the physics ported over. Making some tweaks to the tires and a couple other small things. I'll be ready to go when you are. :thumbsup:

Should we get a proper build thread started?

D-Type WIP46.jpg

Hey man yeah I've been working on the car a lot of the past week or so. It's now back in a position where it works in game again, with a wheel that turns and functional dials. How do we go about setting up a build thread?

Here's some more pictures of my progress so far. I've been working on the textures a bit more today. AC editor does not make it easy to bring in textures made in Substance Painter, there was a lot of fudging about in Photoshop to get them in the same ball park, but I've done the best I can to get them look acceptable. Knowing how to make the 'maps' texture would help too.

There are multiple things still to be done on the car, like functional lights rear view mirror and exhaust flames. The drivers hands do not match up with the steering wheel either. The speedometer and RPM gauges work, although they are slightly off (could be tweaked in the ini. files I'm guessing). The steering wheel turns and looks alright now.

Once I get the physics applied I'd like to make it available for download, baring in mind there will probably still be things missing/wrong with it for a while. But as a first car goes, I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out :)
D-Type WIP49.jpg
D-Type WIP48.jpg
Screenshot_jaguardtype_ks_highlands_20-2-119-18-8-28.jpg
Screenshot_jaguardtype_ks_highlands_20-2-119-18-7-9.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements