Cars I'm making a Jaguar D-Type mod, need help.

I'm wondering if somebody could help get the car model FBX I've made to work in Assetto Corsa. If I supply you with the model and textures would you be able to get it driveable for me? A while back I started modelling my first car in Maya, the goal was to get it running in Assetto Corsa by following the tutorials. I modelled and textured it to a basic standard, and used the files from the formula K car but trying to get it working in game was a pain in the bum.

The problems started to occur when the wheels would appear 100 times too big, I'd then scale them down and then they were 100 times to far away from the car. I think this may be a problem with Maya's scaling system. Also the car tends to just wonder through the barriers and falls off the map. I've looked at many forum posts on the subject over the past 6 months but not made any progress.

I would be very great full with any assistance, thank you for your time.

Link to ArtStation: https://samuelrodgers3d.artstation.com/

Here's some renders I made in Substance Painter:
Jag_render05.jpg
Jag_render09.jpg
Jag_render15.jpg
Jag_render14.jpg

D-Type WIP38.jpg
D-Type WIP39.jpg

Last edited:
I have a copy of @aphidgod 's D-Type (with a placeholder mesh) and I have to say, it's one of his very best :inlove: The feeling of weight transfer is awesome, and he has managed to balance wicked over steer with controllable power and speed. It really is sublime and deserves and great mesh (with LODs) and to be released into the wild! :D

Autodesk makes a format converter to make various stuff into fbx, https://download.autodesk.com/us/fb...FE9-9AA2-BA9815A23BD2.htm,topicNumber=d30e522
Maybe you could export it in a format Maya does something sensible with scales on and then use that to turn it to fbx? I believe kseditor reads 2013 ascii or binary fbx fine.

In general principle you want your objects to all have a scale of 1 because AC sometimes ignores or replaces scaling.

Autodesk makes a format converter to make various stuff into fbx, https://download.autodesk.com/us/fb...FE9-9AA2-BA9815A23BD2.htm,topicNumber=d30e522
Maybe you could export it in a format Maya does something sensible with scales on and then use that to turn it to fbx? I believe kseditor reads 2013 ascii or binary fbx fine.

In general principle you want your objects to all have a scale of 1 because AC sometimes ignores or replaces scaling.
Alright I'll have another crack at it soon :)

I have a copy of @aphidgod 's D-Type (with a placeholder mesh) and I have to say, it's one of his very best :inlove: The feeling of weight transfer is awesome, and he has managed to balance wicked over steer with controllable power and speed. It really is sublime and deserves and great mesh (with LODs) and to be released into the wild! :D
I've had a go with it too on Feldbergring, fantastic track!! I really enjoyed it. Fingers crossed I'll have more success with importing the car soon :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.7%