Cars [IER Simulations - Payware] IER P13c Prototype

Mine also crashed after installing this mod. I was running CSP 1.66. What is weird is I downgraded to 1.64 and it worked fine. I then went back to 1.66 and now it runs fine as well. Not sure what is allowing it to run now. I do not have a wheel to say if I would loose connection on it.

Last edited:
If you decide to update your CSP to another version that is on you, not on Jackson or IER as an entity. It works with what it says it will work with.
Yes, but with that you're intending to keep other things in entire game outdated, including tracks to run this car at. Being a a mod scene guy in the past i totally get this "my mod is most important, and no others matter" attitude, but treating the paid content with same attitude feels just wrong to me.

Last edited:
We can't force CSP to stop releasing updates that are untested. It's not a matter of changing the P13 to match csp... the patch is plain broken, it is missing things the car requires and the support for that is "here is a list of versions that work". I believe right now the CSP dev is focused on rain so there are fewer bugfix releases than normal which is why the extended physics is not working in some recent versions.

Last edited:
For me everything works fine in the latest patch, but even if it didn't I still agree that it can't be asked of the devs of this car to update it for every update that comes weekly through

For me everything works fine in the latest patch, but even if it didn't I still agree that it can't be asked of the devs of this car to update it for every update that comes weekly through
Well imagine the case it's a small gamedev studio, releasing a game that is intended to work with certain (and most publically used) VR headset. The headset software/drivers get updated every week with unstable releases, and at some point some function that was make or break for the game to perform on that headset, gets taken down. Months come by, that function doesnt go back, but the headset is still featured in supported list (in fact, it's required to use), but game developer refuses to update/temporarily downgrade that function that is breaking the game for new drivers, insisting that the only solution (and only right solution) is to go back to previous drivers, which may break every other games people play with that headset.
I'm haiving a huge respect for IER guys, and this car is still the best in AC to me, but months are passing by, problem isnt solved, and tbh whole architecture of that shader patch makes up for such a high entry barrier when you have only couple of hours in the weekend, to spend it updating everything and then reconfiguring things, sorting out the conflicts...
I'm done whining ;)

Well imagine the case it's a small gamedev studio
Imagine it's a mod you bought for a few Euro, that requires a free of cost framework to run, and one of the updates to the free framework breaks the mod you paid for. You have a workaround of a few clicks to still use the mod by downgrading the framework temporarily, albeit some of your tracks won't work then. The ultimate solution is to wait until the framework is fixed, which it will be eventually, again free of charge. All you have to invest is some time and patience.

Believe me, I'm not happy with the current situation, but I still don't see the issue some people make of this.

Well imagine the case it's a small gamedev studio, releasing a game that is intended to work with certain (and most publically used) VR headset. The headset software/drivers get updated every week with unstable releases, and at some point some function that was make or break for the game to perform on that headset, gets taken down. Months come by, that function doesnt go back, but the headset is still featured in supported list (in fact, it's required to use), but game developer refuses to update/temporarily downgrade that function that is breaking the game for new drivers, insisting that the only solution (and only right solution) is to go back to previous drivers, which may break every other games people play with that headset.
I'm haiving a huge respect for IER guys, and this car is still the best in AC to me, but months are passing by, problem isnt solved, and tbh whole architecture of that shader patch makes up for such a high entry barrier when you have only couple of hours in the weekend, to spend it updating everything and then reconfiguring things, sorting out the conflicts...
I'm done whining ;)
There are many, many more versions of the patch that work with the car than don't.... I can count on one hand the versions that make the car crash. Anything else is almost definitely user error.

And re: game studio, that's apples to oranges; it's just not at all the same. Updated drivers would only stop a game working due to core functionality differences. If the P13 crashes, it's never going to be a fault of IER's side (i.e. not a core functionality difference). It's the patch breaking something that was previously working and is fully intended to still work. This is an extreme example, but if some line of code accidentally gets added to the patch that says to make the game crash if 1==1, the car will never run. There's not a single thing IER could ever do about it. That's not us failing to support our product. Again, vastly more versions work than don't, and it's very very easy to contact us via our contact form or this thread and get to a solution quickly (or go on the CSP discord, which is really the correct place to be).

And also importantly, we take a big loss on all of our public releases. At some point in development, all of them turn into work. The free ones are outright losses. Even the P13, paid content, came in at less than half of what we'd quote a private customer for the car. It's a loss, and any customer service we have to do is a loss (think of how much time $5 buys...it's really not much). So we've lost way more developing this car than anyone else has lost by purchasing it. Just a bit of perspective for people feeling put out because of their $5 investment. And the worst of all, the software that's actually causing the problems is free.

Were the LOD's actually released? I read they were ready a long time ago now but haven't gotten any update for it.
The car was released with 2 LODs, the full set wasn't released because updates kept getting pushed back for physics reasons. Once CSP rain is out officially, there will be an update for rain tires that will include quite a few physics improvements and the rest of the LODs.

Imagine it's a mod you bought for a few Euro,
I don't mind spending a few euros. But i do mind spending hours testing, configuring, downloading versions, testing, configuring... It's a part of development process in my work, and i simply don't want to do the same in the off-time anymore. It's more than this mod's problem, sadly, i just came to conclusion that CSP and generally AC mods is simply not for me at this point of life. With every modder insisting on using particular versions of CSP for their mods/tracks, and myself failing to keep up with these requirements, and testing for conflicts, it's really not something one would want to deal with precious off-time in my view.
The car is very good, and you guys do amazing job. But all it does for many months is occupying space on my HDD. I hope someday it'll work again, and im in contact with Ilja, will try to reach him about this problem, but that'll require a bunch of hours of testing this mod and many other mods that may be affected... As you know, such shader/core problems cannot just be "fixed", if something was disabled in latter versions, it was disabled for a reason. So if any function is added or changed, it requires testing a broad spectrum of mods, tracks, conditions, different sessions, different AI combinations. I can't volunteer that much time for it now, sadly.

Last edited:
A bit offtopic, but I drove the car in VR for the first time yesterday
I don't mind spending a few euros. But i do mind spending hours testing, configuring, downloading versions, testing, configuring... It's a part of development process in my work, and i simply don't want to do the same in the off-time anymore. It's more than this mod's problem, sadly, i just came to conclusion that CSP and generally AC mods is simply not for me at this point of life. With every modder insisting on using particular versions of CSP for their mods/tracks, and myself failing to keep up with these requirements, and testing for conflicts, it's really not something one would want to deal with precious off-time in my view.
The car is very good, and you guys do amazing job. But all it does for many months is occupying space on my HDD. I hope someday it'll work again, and im in contact with Ilja, will try to reach him about this problem, but that'll require a bunch of hours of testing this mod and many other mods that may be affected... As you know, such shader/core problems cannot just be "fixed", if something was disabled in latter versions, it was disabled for a reason. So if any function is added or changed, it requires testing a broad spectrum of mods, tracks, conditions, different sessions, different AI combinations. I can't volunteer that much time for it now, sadly.
It does work atm

A bit offtopic, but I drove the car in VR for the first time yesterday

It does work atm
what version of CSP do you run and which track have you run at?
I've tested the 0.1.71 last Sunday and the game fails to run at many tracks, with any car, causing stream of multiple "unknown error" popups while you're ingame.
Rolled back to 1.68, and those popups gone, but P13C crashes.

Last edited:
With every modder insisting on using particular versions of CSP for their mods/tracks,
I never encountered that, ever. Granted I'm picky with the mods I use, but I still racked up a rather impressive 171 tracks and 572 cars, and out of those, exactly one car required me to temporarily downgrade CSP to drive it. Well, SOL somethimes breaks as well :)

As you know, such shader/core problems cannot just be "fixed", if something was disabled in latter versions, it was disabled for a reason.
Or it was disabled by accident ;) Or because it was causing issues and has to be reworked.

But by now we're going in circles. Fact is, the framework broke, and the P13C is most affected. Modding a game requires some time investment and some testing even from the end user, there is no way around it. If you're not willing to spend that time anymore, I fully understand that. I really like fiddling with things and testing things out, even more than racing at times, but even for me there were phases in the past when I rather played my unmodded AMS Beta or R3E, because everything was stock and kind of just worked. I don't plan an modding AMS2 either, because it's even more fiddly than AC can be.

I just purchased this one but I have a problem. I did follow the instructions for who have CSP already but got this error. Also the car has an issue in the CM Showroom with the wheels not turning, if that can give a clue. Now the game crashes all the time showing the following error. I'm on 0.1.78CSP

Error might have something to do with:
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Last edited:
I just purchased this one but I have a problem. I did follow the instructions for who have CSP already but got this error. Also the car has an issue in the CM Showroom with the wheels not turning, if that can give a clue. I'm on 0.1.78CSP

Error might have something to do with:
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
Reinstall a more current version of the custom shaders patch and it should work. CM Showroom "issue" unrelated.

can i just apologize about all the bull***t i wrote above. With all that has been happening past half of year, moaning about mod not working with shader version which is one click away from fix, is stupid as hell. Especially that the issue is long gone, with new versions of shaders.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back