Cars [IER Simulations - Payware] IER P13c Prototype

I would also prefer an non CSP installation, where the mod is "all-in-one" and keep AC in vanilla for other content. Not user of CM, SOL or CSP so used the "CSP light" included with the mod. Got afterwards a strange issue where the internal main thread usage got 20-30% extra load using other content (tried stock and mod car/track combos). Deleted everything affected and did an validation thru steam, and AC was back to normal.

I mainly do league races, so I prefer keeping AC as slim and stock as possible. It's a great mod so I will try the CSP light again and see if the behavior repeats, could have been a one time thing.

The whole point of the car was the utilize new physics features that stock AC doesn't have. So you will likely never get a version that only works with stock AC.
This...

“Heated customer reports” have been limited to iwn’s. Other reports have all been caused by improper installation. The CSP Light install is intended as a last resort - the patch is the way forward with AC, so we’re not very invested in supporting those who want to stick with vanilla (there’s simply no reason anymore). And if you feel that the VRC cars are *at all* comparable to the P13, I don’t think it’s the car for you.

This...

“Heated customer reports” have been limited to iwn’s. Other reports have all been caused by improper installation. The CSP Light install is intended as a last resort - the patch is the way forward with AC, so we’re not very invested in supporting those who want to stick with vanilla (there’s simply no reason anymore). And if you feel that the VRC cars are *at all* comparable to the P13, I don’t think it’s the car for you.
Not even close to heated, just being constructive.

No one is questioning that this mod and CSP is top of the line what can be done with AC, but looking back at something like 80 league championships over some time using AC, 2 of them have been done with an paid mod, with vanilla AC.

I have bought almost every paid mod from the more serious mod makers, but unfortunately it tends to be used for hot-lap and AI racing only. An more seamless integration with CSP would be beneficial for everyone, an light version as in this mod is perfect but the possibility to keep vanilla AC without 3rd party tool would be even better.

No one is questioning that this mod and CSP is top of the line what can be done with AC, but looking back at something like 80 league championships over some time using AC, 2 of them have been done with an paid mod, with vanilla AC.

I have bought almost every paid mod from the more serious mod makers, but unfortunately it tends to be used for hot-lap and AI racing only. An more seamless integration with CSP would be beneficial for everyone, an light version as in this mod is perfect but the possibility to keep vanilla AC without 3rd party tool would be even better.
Sure, but that's not a possibility...

And if leagues essentially never use paid mods anyway (even ones that run vanilla), why would the fact that this car requires the CSP matter?

In any case, I believe ACRL will be running the car next season.

Sure, but that's not a possibility...

I looked a bit into this and it was actually rather easy to write two scripts that allows me to turn CSP on/off without exiting AC (reloading session still needed, and expected) combined with vanilla AC.

This is of interest because CSP seems to have an impact on standard content as well, so it would be beneficial to turn it off when not needed, it would also (maybe) attract someone who don't want/need CSP, offline or online.

I did an minor comparison, using kunos Audi LMP1 and Brands, at the start back of grid:

1574109631211.png

Using stock content, CSP adds 20% main thread load, when it goes above 90% the fps starts to drop. With 10 IER, the load equals 19 standard Audi using CSP. This will of course depend on car/track combo or could be just my setup. I'm currently on i7-7700K 5GHz, 1080TI SLI, should still be considered a decent PC setup.

Now I can easily switch CSP on, enjoy the IER P13c and then switch CSP off when done without it affecting my other content or AC performance, perfect :)

Reactions: iwn
Correct me if I'm wrong but the this car still needs LOD's or are they done yet ? That could explain it wouldn't it ?

Yes, that explains the extra load using only IER AI compared to the Audi :thumbsup:

"Known issues:
  • Only 2 LODs - high grid sizes may cause framerate drops beyond typical expectations. More to be added in a future update."

Yes, that explains the extra load using only IER AI compared to the Audi :thumbsup:

"Known issues:
  • Only 2 LODs - high grid sizes may cause framerate drops beyond typical expectations. More to be added in a future update."

See .. so expect this to be fixed to some degree in upcoming releases. The car is great, I surely have to spend a lot more time with it since it is so much fun to push this one. And the CSP physics stuff that was added really shows as well. Btw Jens, I'm Laurent from simracing.co.uk

Sure, but if you actually use a proper version of the patch, without a bunch of useful features disabled (as is done in Lite for compatibility reasons), performance is better than in vanilla. You’re fixing a problem that doesn’t need to be there in the first place. Anyway, no more of this discussion in here - we will not be changing how the car is packaged.

Speaking of LODs, the modeling work is all done, still needs some object optimization but then they'll be ready for release.

NhyePXR.jpg

220 objects @ 295k triangles, 96 objects @ 35k triangles, 29 objects @ 10k triangles, 3 objects @ 2k triangles, but object optimization may reduce some of these numbers.
CM showroom doesn't like the aero animations (any time I switch LOD it resets them to frame 0, and lod c/d are only set up for the middle aero, not the extreme) so I've picked a direction where that's less obvious

Brilliant MOD, and the Physics updates are really a welcome introduction.

Do you believe it may be possible to introduce semi-active, active suspension control given the game engine architecture using the CSP?
I'm working on those technologies in real life and it would be really interesting to try to implement them in AC.

Brilliant MOD, and the Physics updates are really a welcome introduction.

Do you believe it may be possible to introduce semi-active, active suspension control given the game engine architecture using the CSP?
I'm working on those technologies in real life and it would be really interesting to try to implement them in AC.
Yes, but only with details about the real system. Additionally, I wouldn’t otherwise have plans to do it, so adding it in my free time would be unlikely - commission could be possible.

Speaking of LODs, the modeling work is all done, still needs some object optimization but then they'll be ready for release.

NhyePXR.jpg

220 objects @ 295k triangles, 96 objects @ 35k triangles, 29 objects @ 10k triangles, 3 objects @ 2k triangles, but object optimization may reduce some of these numbers.
CM showroom doesn't like the aero animations (any time I switch LOD it resets them to frame 0, and lod c/d are only set up for the middle aero, not the extreme) so I've picked a direction where that's less obvious
yet nobody will mention why Stereo posted 4 times the same picture

Yes, but only with details about the real system. Additionally, I wouldn’t otherwise have plans to do it, so adding it in my free time would be unlikely - commission could be possible.
Thanks for the answer, actually I would be interested in trying to do it by myself, but first i will need to understand exactly how to do the implementation, is there some reference somewhere that I can find ?

Thanks again for your time.

Thanks for the answer, actually I would be interested in trying to do it by myself, but first i will need to understand exactly how to do the implementation, is there some reference somewhere that I can find ?

Thanks again for your time.
There needs to be code to support it, and at the moment, there’s none. Since we’re not currently open to people joining the development team for such things, I would need to write it.

dear simracers,
I drive the IER PC 13 Prototype.
Suddenly the car can no longer be driven.
I ride on ice.
Is there a solution for that?
A few days ago everything was okay, and it was a fascinating car.
thanks in advance,
Peter Vink.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%