Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
They would have to use resources that could be better put to use securing/creating more content, updating current content and working on new features. The good league racing will happen once the dedicated servers are up, racers start creating their own lobbies, and start forming leagues to invite friends/members.

I'd like to see S3 create some more replay features in the future. Enhanced cameras, ability to spectate/broadcast. But after updates and more content.

I'm chomping at the bit to see what happens once we can run a league. Right now we could have as many as 5 categories with just the present content! WTCC, ADAC, DTM 2014, DTM 92.... Probably more than that depending on interest.

I'd like to see S3 create some more replay features in the future. Enhanced cameras, ability to spectate/broadcast. But after updates and more content.

I'm chomping at the bit to see what happens once we can run a league. Right now we could have as many as 5 categories with just the present content! WTCC, ADAC, DTM 2014, DTM 92.... Probably more than that depending on interest.

I Like and Agree. Id like to see some better replay cameras/options. With the official packs it be so easy to run leagues or club races, which I really look forward to in future. I have confidence in Sector3.

In light of the new announcement i would like to add to my previous suggestion.
Touring legends pack:
Nordschleife
Spa
Bathurst
Silverstone
Bmw M3 e30 group a 1987
Mercedes Benz 190e 2,3 16v
Ford Sierra Rs Cosworth
Selection of skins from dtm,btcc,24h of spa and bathurst 1000.
Sell price 2000-2200 vrp.

My suggestion would be to merge some classes... I mean we have lots of GT3 cars for example in many different categories. In my opinion all GT3 cars should be present in GTR3 category, with fictional skins, so we could race a Nissan GTR against let's say a McLaren or a Ford Mustang... They are all GT3 after all :)

That one I definitely agree with. I agree with you about fictional skins (or at least consistent with regards to number plates), and a good grid of mixed GT3s (hopeful for one or two additions next year!).

Definitely agree however that the numbers could be boosted by allowing all GT3 cars (ADAC 2013/2014 and 'GTR3' class) into the same races. That said, I don't know the extent to which that would hit sales though and that's a fair consideration.

Am sure this problem will be fixed with the dedicated server tool though, which appears, from the last dev stream, to support multi class.

My suggestion would be to merge some classes... I mean we have lots of GT3 cars for example in many different categories. In my opinion all GT3 cars should be present in GTR3 category, with fictional skins, so we could race a Nissan GTR against let's say a McLaren or a Ford Mustang... They are all GT3 after all :)

I hope when we will get custom championships we will also get custom single races with the possibility to chose more than just one class - and this also for multiplayer.

Problem with the GT3 cars is that they are all different. The ADAC GT Masters cars are all faster than the GTR3 cars. And ADAC GT Masters 2014 has anti lock breaks while 2013 doesn't. And the Ford Mustang GT3 also drives somewhat different from all the other GT3 cars. I'm not sure about its performance.

But I would love to see events with Prototypes and GTE and/or GT3 cars. Real prototypes are still a bit rare in RRRE but I guess this will change over time.

My suggestion would be to merge some classes... I mean we have lots of GT3 cars for example in many different categories....
...They are all GT3 after all :)
I'm not sure about merging classes. Even if these cars are all GT3 cars, but they race in different racing series with different BoP and different driving aids allowed. So these cars shouldn't be matched, if you want it authentic.

Nevertheless referring to the Ford Mustang GT3 ..... i agree, that this car could possibly be placed into GTR3 car class, which i think is more of a "generic GT3 class". Maybe some performance tweaks are needed to fit into GTR3 class.

Problem with the GT3 cars is that they are all different..

I didn't think it would be a copy/paste of the same cars. The models, cockpits, sounds, physics are ready, they should only adjust the cars/performance to fit the rules of generic GTR3, create a few skins to have a huge field and done. The hard work has been made already, it would only be some tweaking.
In the same way the RUF model in GTR2 could be added a GTR3 performance version and ta da we would only be missing the Ferrari, Lambo and Bentley model to have a full, varied field of GT3 cars... :)

I know this whole thing wouldn't be very realistic, but I think the result would be some very immersive racing :)

different speedometers for hud-display. Big Gear Indicator and big speed-display. something like in AC. I like to see how fast i drive.
DashMeterPro :thumbsup:
upload_2014-12-31_11-15-53.png

Last edited:
as temporary solution it may be good, but i look for something more "ingame" :)

looks good for sure gonna give it a try..... let's see if my old android tablet is even capable of doing that stuff in realtime :rolleyes:
It doesn't take much to run DashMeterPro, your old tablet "should" be fine. I've run it on a couple of Android phones and a couple different tablets. As far as "ingame", that's actually the beauty an external app, you don't clutter your racing screen. Think of your monitor as you windshield and the external app as your dash gauges. If you strictly race from cockpit view, you can configure DashMeterPro for the things not on a typical dash like lap times, tire temps, etc.

I would like to see them adding speed indicator to the minimalistic HUD (under the gear indicator). Idk why is there no speed indicator? oO And why are there cars which don't have realistic dashboard like MP4-12C? Is there any info if they are going to work on that? :D

Can we see some cross time and category promos?Like lets say Englster's 1992 M3 E30 vs Englster's 2013 320tc E92.Or a champion's race between Ravaglia Spengler and Wittman.Or Audi champions (Biela vs Rockenfeller)?

I would like to be able to set up multiplayer sessions (or maybe even servers) with custom track and car class combo. As mentioned above more than one class would also be quite nice. Any idea if this kind of thing is in the pipe?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 4 33.3%