Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
2 ideas
1- I've recently tried the Apex Hunt section in the game and I found it really nice.
Would it be too complex/difficult to add other tracks and leave to the player the possibility to pick the car he wants and drive it over there?
I think this would be an useful tool for those who approach the sim-racing world for the first time (or some intermediate users that want to have some sort of driving lessons... Driving School in Gtr2 was beautiful!)
2- Would it be possible to have some info box when you're tweaking your car in the garage section?
(Like: what's that and what it does if you lower or increase its value?)

So basically yes... care bearing
three-cheers.jpg

also like apex hunt, but adding it for many cars is too much work I think (might as well use "challenge" online), one mode for each track is sufficient.

[singleplayer race] - "automatic" option for number of opponents based on class, don't like the "clones" (arguably oneself can become a clone of one other car, still prevents names listed multiple times)
[singleplayer race] - random time of day
[singleplayer race] - random grid position based on number of opponents chosing between "front/middle/back" third
[general] - already been mentioned but optional visual hints on cars close/next to one.

things like ui placement and configuration and such have already been mentioned and announced I think.

a interesting feature to "outsource" a career/custom championship designed by the community would be the ability to read and modify the singleplayer race settings while the game is running. So everytime single player race menu is opened, it reads the settings from the config that other applications can read/write. Along the lines it would be nice if some txt file contains the information what content is owned. This way the community could create an app that can "control" the single player experience, which allows many things :)

shared memory: maybe add car position and direction vector

more costly than the above, but from immersion point, pit radio and pit crew would be really good

no it puts the emphasis on the base setup

this can be set any way , but has a tendence to be neutral or understeer , and the way i drive is more oversteer based ; being a better tuner ... non , i tweak the setup to get it to where im competitive with the style and skill i have ... but more so ,so i can feel and drive the car and have fun ...

So some people would like it others not

Ps its already in game ...; its called Amateur mode

Andi

So because I don't know much about tuning I'm automatically an amateur? I see. I suppose I should go ahead and turn all my aids on then, and start using a controller. :rolleyes: Forgive me for enjoying a style of play that's different than you're preferred method.

i wasnt saying your an amateur , the base setup in getreal and am are the same , just you cant change it .... as for aids thats everyones choice if they use them or not , am will have those options on if the car has them , get real also (but in get real you can mute the tc )

So my apologies if you read it that way but it wasnt my intention, i was just explaining that it does exist

Andi

i play(ed) i racing but only enjoyed the stock series i think r3e has a better setup menu and i know more about the cars and how to tune them but i still think i would enjoy stock races more (it'd be a option so you dont have to race stock if you dont want to)

The only problem I have with a fixed setup series, is it creates another separation to the already various types of cars we have, thins out the fields. Besides out of all the sims, R3E has a very simplistic but effective setup menu, almost basic suspension options and the rest is pretty obvious to tune. I understand if your coming from iRacing which I spent 6 yrs there, there they got setup guides for the cars because they are created exactly how they are in real life, it takes real engineers to understand all that, and a lot of it I don't either. There are setup guides out there to help learn, GTR2 setup guide is still useful to this day, id say its time to adapt and start learning, its fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back