Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to set up multiplayer sessions (or maybe even servers) with custom track and car class combo. As mentioned above more than one class would also be quite nice. Any idea if this kind of thing is in the pipe?

Yep, it was shown in the last dev stream as something WIP. I don't know how close to the end of the pipe it is, but it's in the 2015 plan.

I would like to see the top result for each car when filtering on driver in Leaderboards. It seems only the car with the best time is displayed. In addition I would like to propose the ability for multiselection of car class in Leaderboards to be able to compare cars of different classes by looking at the top drives results as well as my own.

Last edited:
Definitely would like to see more post-race info, a view replay button and some lobby chat pre/post race.

And rather than everyone going their separate ways as soon as an online race finishes, how about having the option to run another race with the same people?

New player to RRRE. I bought ADAC 2014 last week because I could not resist the Audi R8 LMS. So far the game is fantastic. Nice FFB, good visuals, decent AI. apologies if these improvement have already been mentioned in the previous 12 pages!

1. An option to turn on the pedal overlay (like in rF2 app or AC app) to see how much brake,throttle, and clutch pedal being pressed while driving?
NOT AVAILABLE (thanks, Shardshunt) - Please include option in future

2. An option to turn off all crowd animation (people in stands doing the flag-waving, camera flashes, etc)?
SOLVED (thanks, Rella) - Turn Track Detail to Low

3. I have no issue with motion sickness in any other simracing, flightsim, or FPS games. However, I find the driver view head motion is a bit too much for me and causes slight motion sickness. I found the cam movement increase/decrease option in game; it reduces the "cockpit shake" a lot(!), but only reduces driver view head shaking a very slight amount. Improve the cam movement option to allow the player to further reduce the head movement while driving.

4. An option to change the viewing pitch? Ability to change player viewing pitch when in the driver seat like in AC or iRacing (I believe someone said the iracing is not really a "pitch" setting since it is not 3D? but it does allow one to move the horizon up and down)
http://simhqmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AC-InGameApps.jpg

5. Single-Player. Improve the collision physics for player vs AI cars. AI hits my car (front bumper to back bumper) and 90% of the time my car spins 90 degrees and then off the track and the AI continues with little delay! I hit an AI car in the same manner and 90% of the time my car spins 90 degrees and then off the track and no effect to AI car! I have also seen this same odd physics behaviour in your GTR2 game. I read at another forum this unrealistic physics was coded with the purpose of preventing the player from barging through the field and knocking the AI off the road. Please correct the game code to remove this unrealistic physics in RRRE.

thanks!

Last edited:
New player to RRRE. I bought ADAC 2014 last week because I could not resist the Audi R8 LMS. So far the game is fantastic. Nice FFB, good visuals, decent AI. apologies if these improvement have already been mentioned in the previous 12 pages!

1. An option to turn on the pedal overlay (like in rF2 app or AC app) to see how much brake,throttle, and clutch pedal being pressed while driving?

2. An option to turn off all crowd animation (people in stands doing the flag-waving, camera flashes, etc)?

3. I have no issue with motion sickness in any other simracing, flightsim, or FPS games. However, I find the driver view head motion is a bit too much for me and causes slight motion sickness. I found the cam movement increase/decrease option in game; it reduces the "cockpit shake" a lot(!), but only reduces driver view head shaking a very slight amount. Improve the cam movement option to allow the player to further reduce the head movement while driving.

4. An option to change the viewing pitch? Ability to change player viewing pitch when in the driver seat like in AC or iRacing (I believe someone said the iracing is not really a "pitch" setting since it is not 3D? but it does allow one to move the horizon up and down)

5. Single-Player. Improve the collision physics for player vs AI cars. AI hits my car and 90% of the time my car spins 90 degrees and then off the track! I hit an AI car in the same manner and 90% of the time my car spins 90 degrees and then off the track! I have seen this same behaviour in your GTR2 game. At another forum it was hypothesized that it was coded with the purpose of preventing the player from barging through the field and knocking the AI off the road. I strive to be careful when hitting AI, but regardless, get rid of this bad physics behaviour in RRRE.
:mad:

thanks!

Number 4 is actually available. You have to go under the options to set it up :) I have adjusted it do do same thing as it does that app in the AC ;)

Seeing my favourite tracks and cars in my profile is nice. But, instead of just seeing the car in default livery, it would be even nicer if it showed the car with the livery I drove it most, which is probably also my favourite.

5. Single-Player. Improve the collision physics for player vs AI cars. AI hits my car and 90% of the time my car spins 90 degrees and then off the track! I hit an AI car in the same manner and 90% of the time my car spins 90 degrees and then off the track! I have seen this same behaviour in your GTR2 game. At another forum it was hypothesized that it was coded with the purpose of preventing the player from barging through the field and knocking the AI off the road. I strive to be careful when hitting AI, but regardless, get rid of this bad physics behaviour in RRRE.
:mad:

thanks!
1 not currently avalible
2 try track detail option
5 stops rammers in mp

4 >
- Select how much you want to rotate the camera (in degrees) and then transform that value in Radians (use google for this. Like "15 degrees to rads": google will return the value.
- Copy the Rads value and always in google calculate the Sin and Cos of that number (possibly open two windows for this): google will give you another value that might be either positive or negative.
- Go here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb206269(v=vs.85).aspx
and scroll down to the point you see the paragraph that talks about ROTATION
- The formula on the Z-Axis rotation is what we'll need.
Untitled-2.jpg

- Open your xml file. Time for copy-paste!
- You've to correct (basically to substitute) your current matrix values with the new ones you've calculated (Sin and Cos of the selected angle) following the "formula template" from the webpage (step 4). Remember to correct the "sign" of sin and cos values: - x + = - , - x - = + ;)
- Save and test what you've done!

Good luck!

EDIT: sorry the xml vile is the cockpit_driver_view.xml contained in ...\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars

Are there no horn sounds implemented in R3E? I've been trying to find it, is it an deliberated omission? Can we at least have them optional? I just enjoy whacking the horn on my steering wheel from time to time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back