How to pin Fanatec Wheel Property Page to Start Menu

I keep all my sim racing programs in a start group in Windows 10. I wanted to add the Fanatec Wheel Property Page which resides on my desktop to this start group. Sadly, Windows 10 did not give me that option. The Pin To Start option was not available for the desktop icon. But I figured out how to do it and thought I would share it here in case others in the community were frustrated with it. Essentially you need to create a new shortcut on your desktop, and place the following in the command line:

"C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe" Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL joy.cpl

Once you have that shortcut on your desktop, then you can right click on it and select Pin To Start. Now move it to the group you you choose via drag and drop, and you are good to go.

Thank you so much for posting this, that line of code helped me solve a problem with the Game Controllers panel.

In a triple monitor setup, that window always pops up on the far left, which can get annoying having to move it every time. Using a cmd program called cmdow and your code, I figured out how to move it using a batch file. Without your code, I was calling joy.cpl by itself...while it did "work" by calling up the Game Controllers window, the Fanatec devices didn't have their proper control panel (only a generic config window would appear for each device), which is very limiting. Will share that solution in a new thread, but here's the code in case you were interested:

Code:
@ECHO OFF

CD /D C:\Windows\System32
START rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL joy.cpl
CD /D C:\cmdow\bin\Release
cmdow "Game Controllers" /mov 2800 500

A few things to note:
  • This assumes having a triple 1080p resolution or close to it (5760 x 1080).
  • If using a triple 1440p setup (7680 x 1440), changing "mov 2800 500" to "mov 3800 700" should work.
  • Change the line "C:\cmdow\bin\Release" to wherever you've saved cmdow on your machine.

cmdow can be downloaded here.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back