Released Hondsrugring

There is still one thing that bugs me. When i let the WDC1970 AI cars drive around the track some of the cars, and in particular the 5L class (Porsche 917, Ferrari 512S), fail to keep on the road. They brake by far too late. I asked this question too at the rFactor forum, but no one reacts.

Gday Erwin,
I love long tracks & just discovered yours, slowly working my way through your thred so you may have already discovered a solution to this problem.
I have noticed when downloading a track or two in the past that they come with an additional AIW file for the very cars that you mention.
I cant remember the tracks off the top of my head at present time but possibly others have discovered the same problem & this is how they got around it.
If need be, let me know & I'll go on a hunt to discover which tracks they were for references.
Just a thought anyway....best of luck with it, looking forward to sampling this beast of yours shortly!

I found somewhere a solution, but don't know exactly where.
But i wrote in the 1970WSC tread:
I found a way to change the behaviour of these cars, preventing them to overshoot the corners. In the gamedata\verhicles\csgt\wsc70\... folder you find all the cars. Look in these car folders for the *.hdv files. Open it with notepad and look for the line: AIPerfUsage=(1.0, 1.0, 1.0) // PLR file. I changed it to AIPerfUsage=(0.900, 0.900, 0.900) // PLR file. After this the cars behaved beter.

I did some searching of the grey matter, then went on a hunt through my downloads files.
It appears as though it's the '70's Tracks that have these alternate AIW files that I mentioned earlier.....
AND its for the exact same cars that you mention.....
Thanks for the awesome track Erwin.
I'm busting to have a crack at it since downloading but, unfortunately, I must wait as my girlfriend tied up
the computer doing some (expletive deleted!) movie download....
Im running an ancient dawn of pentium4 2Ghz single core processor so I'll be able to give an idea as to how us low-end PC opperators get on with it.
My largest file/longest track to date would be Dmz's Mt Arrowsmith of 50km's distance & 150-something-Mb file size which works without a problem besides rF load time (around 30-40minutes).
(Back to the cars)Possibly-depending on how many people gripe-you may have to make a separate AIW for them like these other tracks have.
Personally,I dont care-Im in it for the drive & if they (the AI cars) wanna slide off & make it easier for me, then it's all good!
Thanks again for your hard work & this great contribution to sim-motoring!

While working on the original, i am also working on a shorter version of this track. It bypasses Drouwen, the main part of Gasselternijveen, Drouwenermond (Drentsemondenweg) and the Tweederdeweg-Noord.
Hondsrugring.jpg

The idea is to make a version of this track to bypass the hairpin and the long straights. This to make the choices of what gearing to use a bit easier. Also the track suits the slower cars a bit more. Now i will not be forced to build in some extra chicanes in the Drentsemondenweg straight. Even when i had made some space for additional chicanes.

venuemat.JPG

I have a question about the venue materials (road in particular).
For what are these abbreviations stand for.

roada
rdax
rdta
rdcp
rged
gras
grxs
grvl
dstg
gtrp
mbl
twal
wall
grdr
safer

http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/31009-some-help-rfactor-material-names.html

Roada -> road (that's easy:smile
Rdax -> Roads Bumps LVL1 //small bumps washboard
Rdta -> Roads Bumps LVL2 //Road Crack Sharp short bumps
Rdcp -> Road Cement Patchs
Rged -> Dusty berms
Gras -> grass (easy too?
Grxs -> rough Grass
Grvl -> Gravel
Dstg -> Dusty Grass
Gtrp -> Gravel Trap
Rmbl -> Rumblestrips (fake bumping added)
Twall -> Tirewalls
Wall -> Wall
Grdr -> Guardrails
Safer -> SAFER Walls

You're welcome :)

Nice view from the church tower ;)

Question bumped into my head after seeing this track though.

I have an alpha of a local (Dutch) track in rural fields. There is a ditch almost everywhere to the right alongside the track. I can make a ditch by lowering some terrain locally, but it'd be a fair bit of work doing that all around the track. Is there a way to modify the trackside surface profile so that a ditch shows up *everywhere* alongside the road?

A tip for creating good looking water is to use a bump/specular/cube alpha reflect shader, using the Kalles cube map.

Also if you use either t1mult2 or t1addt2 for grass, it gives it much greater depth. Looks like the texture needs to be repeated more also.

I was wondering if this track could be modified into more vintage style, by removing all the track side curbs and walls. It should not be too much of a work? It is a bit shame that most of the time driving this track you can't fancy the nice scenery because the walls. How does this sound? I really love this track, and I feel it would be better as more "natural" form.

I want to crash into trees.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 68 29.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 47 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 46 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Forum trophies