Released Hondsrugring

Decided not to build the 38km or even an even longer version of the track.
I will finish this one and start to work on a shorter one, which bypasses the Gasselternijveen chicanes, the Drentsemondenweg, the Twee Derdeweg Noord and the village Drouwen.

probleem.jpg

After exporting the track only the TSO's are there, as the car and the groove line. What is causing the program not to export the gmt's and so on?

Bug, probably. Previous version have the same problem? If no, then it's a recently-introduced one, I guess.

(Which mod are you using in the screenie above btw?)

Gday Erwin,
I just had a quick blast in the HQ.(they seem to be a bit of an fps drain)
Looks very good & especially like the mist/fog in the air. (Im now wondering if I can have it in another track thick enough to see the headlight beams...)
I looked but didn't notice any chicane that needs moving....in fact the only bit I would come close to calling a chicane is the Village part & I love hanging it out through there! LoL!
I did notice some low-speed fps issues when either correcting & restarting after a spin on a tight corner OR the last little bit when approaching the pit exit while on track- I'll go back later a lot slower & count the corners so I can tell which ones & where....
I'm really liking the little dips & bumps that I don't remember being there before too!
Lastly, & Ive noticed this in earlier versions too, there's a lot of wall (armco & banners) as well as some of the road textures that could do with a greater negative MIP number just to chase that 'fuzzyness' off a bit further into the distance.....
For example, Ive used that same Haywood (spelling?) 'Broken-edged' road texture & it looked a lot like that until I wound the MIPS down to between -4 & -6.
I think a lot of it depends on the length of track.
One track I made was short & could get away with -3/-4 depending length of view, where as another longer track needed much more...
There's also some black tar texture there with white lines on it that become very fuzzy not far infront of the car too that look like they could use similar treatment, as well as that 'studded' grass texture I prefer to think of as 'synthetic F1 roadside grass'.
Anyway, I hope this helps & you can get back to Assen-about on your TT track soon (Im REALLY looking forward to that!)
All the best,
BLeeK

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed there are some problems with the road textures. Making changes to the MIPS, can i do this in BTB or in xpacker?
I can give you a sort of road map so you can point out on this map where the problems are.

You adjust the MIP Bias within BTB's Material settings....
With your track loaded in BTB open the Edit Material window.
Select a material/texture tile (for example wb_tarmac_narrow002_1024 -just one click will do), immediately the window will split in 2 with the texture tiles at the top & a page at the bottom with 2 tabs- 1 is properties & the 2nd is textures; select the 2nd one (textures).
Now you should be able to see 2 sub tabs (Diffuse & Bump-we won't need Bump for now as far as I know....)
You should have a picture of your (in this case) road material [if not BTB has a slight glitch. drag the whole window down below the task bar, release & then grab it again & drag it back up & it should now be there:this was in 1 of Piddy's tutorials....]
Now, right down the bottom of the window you will see a little window with some up/down buttons next to MIP Bias, Ive actually got -5 for this texture, wind it down to what you want & then click 'OK' & it will be applied.
As a side note, Ive found with some textures they 'prefer' to be adjusted 1 increment at a time between 'OK's other wise that horrid "BTB has a problem & wants to shut" window pops up.
I hope this helps & is understandable (I tend to waffle).
Thanks for the map but I had a look & although I recognized most of the layout Im at a loss as to where on it those textures need adjusting.
It looks like I'll just have to go for another lap & count corners & then go a draw on your map for you unless your able to spot the ones I mean.
Best of luck mate & let me know how you go with it.

At the moment i am working on the AIW in Buinerveen. (village with a cobble road. Comes after two long straights.)
The armco and the fence is non collidable on one side, because the red part of the AIW crosses it. Changing it costs some time because the huge track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back