HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

I am maybe thinking of having a small pool of car shapes, make it easier for people to work with.
So in maybe having like, 10-15 shapes, I can just refer to values and whack things in. Of course, if I setup a nice little file system knowing shapes and what needed to be done, could streamline things.

I dunno I'm remembering all the annoying parts of the moderation stuff and I'm not sure if I could do it better nowadays. We'll see though.
Is there any news about the game to know if we need to wait or not :D

So let's split this up a bit
Thoughts
- Interest is high all around for FFG to return. This is a good thing obviously, but it does also mean that we want to make sure that it's done right.
- Time away might contribute to some players not returning, and that's fine. More of an issue is possibly having to lose some teams, so finding replacements is necessary.
- How long this all takes. Sit back it's more than you think...
  • Championship length. FFG has always been a 17 round season and will continue to be, but one race per week over 17 rounds means that, at best, we can hope for 3 seasons per calendar year which sorta sucks.
  • Races. More to the point is the video and commentary, vital parts to the success of the championship was the race videos, but up to 2 hours per race in some cases can become a bit tedious.
  • Post race. More about having things well organised, but it's definitely a bit of a drag and takes a while, especially doing multiple reports for 17 rounds plus tests etc etc
  • Modding. Obviously the big one, as compiling the mod takes up a huge chunk of pre-season and usually the week of the first race (and sometimes the second). Car models are the big issue, making sure that all of them have the right shape, wheel locations, skin file. Tracks get done when necessary. And all of this gets redone each season, which makes it incredibly difficult to have the energy to get it all going.
- Game system. GP4 is fine, it's not about that. But more that the idea for having a real championship role playing game, where hiring and development actually mean something? It's tried and tested yes but it's also a bit.. simplistic.

Ideas
- One market, two races per week. This cuts the championship from 17 weeks to roughly 10 weeks accounting for bits and bobs. Double the amount of seasons per calendar year, which hopefully means more people can enjoy some front running.
- Only guarantee to run maximum of 2 seasons of the classic style of FFG. Get ourselves back into it a bit in that regard, but lock models for those two seasons to minimize editing work necessary.
- Build towards starting a FFG 2.0, of which can be expected:
  • Completely new financial system. Drivers get a salary per race that they are contracted for. Teams get all of the income from race day, in turn this pays drivers and buys upgrades.
  • Performance system re-vamp.
    • Drivers can be expected to have a somewhat permanent amount of skill based on their long time values. This will be figured out in time but basically now there will be top drivers for a reason.
    • Cars will be divided between chassis, engine and tyre performance, still split as QHP and RHP but now performance upgrades are more obvious as to where they come from.
    • 3 season "regulation lock", so engines and tyres will keep their upgrades per season for all 3 seasons until a complete reset of performance.
    • Car models will be locked for the three seasons, but there will be ways to change this if wanted too I feel.
It's an idea I've been mulling over for literally years, but it's not polished, it will take some time and input from everyone, but I have a general idea of where to head with it.

In terms of FFG S6, it'll be contacting people, touching up the regulations, figuring out a decent calendar and going from there.

Bit of a rush so please ask questions and I'll try to answer all of the huge gaps that I've left here :laugh:

So let's split this up a bit
Thoughts
- Interest is high all around for FFG to return. This is a good thing obviously, but it does also mean that we want to make sure that it's done right.
- Time away might contribute to some players not returning, and that's fine. More of an issue is possibly having to lose some teams, so finding replacements is necessary.
- How long this all takes. Sit back it's more than you think...
  • Championship length. FFG has always been a 17 round season and will continue to be, but one race per week over 17 rounds means that, at best, we can hope for 3 seasons per calendar year which sorta sucks.
  • Races. More to the point is the video and commentary, vital parts to the success of the championship was the race videos, but up to 2 hours per race in some cases can become a bit tedious.
  • Post race. More about having things well organised, but it's definitely a bit of a drag and takes a while, especially doing multiple reports for 17 rounds plus tests etc etc
  • Modding. Obviously the big one, as compiling the mod takes up a huge chunk of pre-season and usually the week of the first race (and sometimes the second). Car models are the big issue, making sure that all of them have the right shape, wheel locations, skin file. Tracks get done when necessary. And all of this gets redone each season, which makes it incredibly difficult to have the energy to get it all going.
- Game system. GP4 is fine, it's not about that. But more that the idea for having a real championship role playing game, where hiring and development actually mean something? It's tried and tested yes but it's also a bit.. simplistic.

Ideas
- One market, two races per week. This cuts the championship from 17 weeks to roughly 10 weeks accounting for bits and bobs. Double the amount of seasons per calendar year, which hopefully means more people can enjoy some front running.
- Only guarantee to run maximum of 2 seasons of the classic style of FFG. Get ourselves back into it a bit in that regard, but lock models for those two seasons to minimize editing work necessary.
- Build towards starting a FFG 2.0, of which can be expected:
  • Completely new financial system. Drivers get a salary per race that they are contracted for. Teams get all of the income from race day, in turn this pays drivers and buys upgrades.
  • Performance system re-vamp.
    • Drivers can be expected to have a somewhat permanent amount of skill based on their long time values. This will be figured out in time but basically now there will be top drivers for a reason.
    • Cars will be divided between chassis, engine and tyre performance, still split as QHP and RHP but now performance upgrades are more obvious as to where they come from.
    • 3 season "regulation lock", so engines and tyres will keep their upgrades per season for all 3 seasons until a complete reset of performance.
    • Car models will be locked for the three seasons, but there will be ways to change this if wanted too I feel.
It's an idea I've been mulling over for literally years, but it's not polished, it will take some time and input from everyone, but I have a general idea of where to head with it.

In terms of FFG S6, it'll be contacting people, touching up the regulations, figuring out a decent calendar and going from there.

Bit of a rush so please ask questions and I'll try to answer all of the huge gaps that I've left here :laugh:
Will there be any date range when it will probably start ? (minimally the forum page of the game)

Ha
Haha :cry:
We were young and stupid.

Now I'm older and stupid, hoping that George Lucas will buy it back and fix the goddamn mess Kathleen Kennedy created.

still amazes me how the best star wars movie in the disney era was the one to fix a minor af plot hole from the original trilogy (in this house we stan Rogue One and Rogue One only)

still amazes me how the best star wars movie in the disney era was the one to fix a minor af plot hole from the original trilogy (in this house we stan Rogue One and Rogue One only)
I really dislike how Solo fixed the whole "parsec" controversy. Just gave in to fandom instead of coming up with their own ideas.

I really dislike how Solo fixed the whole "parsec" controversy. Just gave in to fandom instead of coming up with their own ideas.
The only star wars film i've never watched, was fully fed up with it all after the last jedi and the stories i heard about that movie didn't make me excited to watch it either... Still don't have the urge to do so even though i've slowly fallen back in love with the franchise

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back