HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

My office has been shuttered again for a spike in COVID here, so I will have more time in my home office getting work done with much less productivity than ever! With that said, I may have some time for creating new games here. A few ideas I've come up with:

1. Battleship Tournament, based on the classic board game of guessing where your opponents ships are and blowing them up.
  2. Risk, which I think would be similar to the original RD Wars but maybe less complicated and with random map generators.
  3. RD Rally Championship, where you set up your car for the best time for a one-shot short off-road course.

Anyways...I'm bored and need to create something new and fun for everyone.
I like the 3rd

I've been trying to develop the Rally game for a while. Basically I'm setting up some random courses for your "cars" to drive. The course will have variables like curves, hills, surface, weather, etc., and you will have to set up your car with weight distribution and suspension settings. I'll set up a way to buy upgrades to make your setting more effective or more powerful.

The season would start with a testing session on a basic track so you can see how your settings affect the drivability of the car and your times. All randomness will be turned off so you can see the actual results of changing certain settings. I would also run the test on three different weather scenarios, Dry, Rain, and Snow. I'd also give you a detailed report of what happened during the drive to help guide you to a better setup. I would keep all your car values a secret, only releasing the time table to the entire group.

The season would be set up with weekly events. You can set up your car completely differently for each event depending on some information I would provide to you concerning the course conditions. Four stages per event, one stage per day, Monday-Thursday, and I would provide results in the thread. Total time over the four stages would be your final time for the event and the basis for earning points in the Championship.

158948942_2046315378858767_4463597558388582696_o.png

i see ferrari has gone for a speedy racing livery

How to make it beautiful:

- make the gradient at the rear smoother/more gradual
- make the Mission Winnow logo white
- make the front and rear wing black

So, who is actually still here in Forum Games and wanting to do games? GFA died because everyone pulled out, leaving Legacy Manager as the only constant game. How many people are here wanting to get involved, and can anyone come up with an idea for a new game for leads to get involved with? This sub-forum used to be full and bristling with so many games, now there's none. What can we do to restore it to its glory days?

So, who is actually still here in Forum Games and wanting to do games? GFA died because everyone pulled out, leaving Legacy Manager as the only constant game. How many people are here wanting to get involved, and can anyone come up with an idea for a new game for leads to get involved with? This sub-forum used to be full and bristling with so many games, now there's none. What can we do to restore it to its glory days?

I've been trying to keep the Racing Pictures 0-1000 alive, along with the Track Design page, with not much luck lately. I originally came to RD because of the games, not because I am a sim racer. I have had some ideas but never brought them to reality because of time constraints.

there are thousands, maybe tens of thousands of people on this platform. Surely there are more than 20 people who like some management-style racing competitions? since i joined the gp4 simulated career back in 2013 i've only seen like 50 different names over the forum games i've been in, so either we're not interesting enough for people to go to these debts of the forums or the audience we look for is out there but we just don't reach them. I guess we can't get some kind of promotional article on the homepage to promote our series? I miss FFG, GFA, and all the other stuff we had with loads of people :(

Forum Racing and FFG were definitely the two most engaged games we ever ran. They seemingly had a story behind the regular races with actual rivalries and plots which followed the seasons. Getting back to their levels would be epic.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%