HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

If anyone is interested, I can help with orginising a game. For example, if the game was FFG, I can edit code files and do standings etc and Aidan (or someone else for that matter) can run the race. But I think the main issue here is the lack of people in this section.

I had plans for a large scale overhaul of the FFG system, to move it well away from the classic F1 Series style if you will.
We're talking race by race salaries, larger banks/money levels, smaller differences in performance levels, cars to be split between chassis and engine performance, and probably most importantly because it would strengthen ideas of game progression and rivalries:
introduction of a 3 season "regulation" format where teams continue with a similar performance level to what they ended with.
Like I'm not done with FFG. But that's on the backburner for a bit. Too many leagues involved with.

there are thousands, maybe tens of thousands of people on this platform. Surely there are more than 20 people who like some management-style racing competitions? since i joined the gp4 simulated career back in 2013 i've only seen like 50 different names over the forum games i've been in, so either we're not interesting enough for people to go to these debts of the forums or the audience we look for is out there but we just don't reach them. I guess we can't get some kind of promotional article on the homepage to promote our series? I miss FFG, GFA, and all the other stuff we had with loads of people :(
100% agree with you ! There should be around 1000 guys who log in every day, only 10-15 of them is looking at forum games section. Something on the front page could bring us minimum 10 guys ! But perhaps 200 :D

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I can help with orginising a game. For example, if the game was FFG, I can edit code files and do standings etc and Aidan (or someone else for that matter) can run the race. But I think the main issue here is the lack of people in this section.
I'd also be interested to help a little.
Along with that, maybe some parts of managing the game can be automated with code (for example, reading buys/updates from posts and returning a raw performance file, I've already made this for forum racing :) ).

Also I can suggest maybe let more people, who occasionally suggest a game idea in this thread, actually create their game. Maybe the idea flops but what matters is that they bring more people here, who may see other games and join. (and also new ideas, since this section hasn't moved far from GP4, rfactor and excel manager games)

I agree on the marketing aspect of the matter. Surely there should be a way to promote this section of the forum, in such a way that it persuades people from all over the forum. I could help by maybe arranging that.

When talking about hosting games, I gotta confess I’m not really into that kind of mood. Maybe a solution lies within the automization of certain tasks like Milos proposed. However, I’ve no coding knowledge whatsoever so I won’t be of any help there.

Borderline, it’s just so good to see people from back in the day, when I joined this forum, still being around :)

100% agree with you ! There should be around 1000 guys who log in every day, only 10-15 of them is looking at forum games section. Something on the front page could bring us minimum 10 guys ! But perhaps 200 :D
If one starts out on the main RD home page, it is not easy to find the games. And it's certainly not something one would stumble upon just browsing the website.

If one starts out on the main RD home page, it is not easy to find the games. And it's certainly not something one would stumble upon just browsing the website.
I think this is the main problem too.
I joined because Steven was in the modding scene for F1 2013 as was I. And he invited me to his GP4 simulation game (season 1992!) and i found the concept interesting. And then i invited some other people (like Millsy, and then he also invited Jack). But there haven't been new members here in 3 years, other than Meff :D
I think realistically the only way you'd solve this issue is literally letting the next person who suggests an idea here just create a thread about his game, whenever that happens. The person will then find people in his community who will join, like Steven did for his GP4 simulation career.

I first joined RDFR back in 2013 and really enjoyed the early 20s seasons, they were peak FR imo but I have also taken part in many other games through the years(and have also moderated a couple with not exactly 100% record of success :roflmao: ). Fully agree that it is such a shame that Forum Games have been slowly dying (we did lose many of our regular members as well which hasn't helped) but I will certainly be interested in any new threads of games appearing in this section of the forum.

Yeah, a front page article has been tried before and it was pointless in the end.

What we need is games running. People aren't going to join if there are no posts happening and nothing to join. If there is activity, people will start to take notice of it because posts with exiting names will be visible in the recent posts section. Global Formula Automobilista was supposed to be the catalyst to save the section, but loads of people made up useless excuses to not get involved, so it's all died now as well. If we want Forum Games to survive, get involved in stuff. Play some of the silly text games like Countdown, Track Design Competition, Weather etc. We just need something to make it seem less dead here.

When it comes to the serial games like GFA and Legacy Manager, we need more engagement between rounds. Tell us your thoughts, how did the Race go for your team, what random rivalry did you get from it, give us a silly quote from your drivers. Anything to bring the banter back.

Nobody is going to join a lifeless forum.

Missing the nice environment here and also seeing all these comments wanted me to offer a forum game I drafted in my mind years ago. If you like the concept, we can do a test race and see whether it works or not.

FORMULA BOARD GAME

It is a very simple board-card-racing game hybrid. Here is how the board looks like:
Sample.png

Each turn, players use a card from their deck. Cars normally go 1 or 2 squares forward each turn, but with cards their movement can be modified. Card moves will be done through PMs, so it will be hidden from others.

After everybody send their orders, I will move the cars from the first to the last.

The update will be applied in this order for each car: Card actions + basic movement (1-2)

Each player starts the race with this deck:
QuantityCard
2​
Left
2​
Right
2​
+1 speed​
2​
+2 speed​
1​
+3 speed​
1​
Diagonal Left
1​
Diagonal Right

A player doesn't have to use a card, they can simply prefer to go with the basic 1/2 move. If they do so, they will get a new card randomly. It can be one of the 6 basic cards listed above.

Slipstream: If a player ends a turn directly behind another car, they get +1 speed for the next turn. If both the ahead and one of the diagonal ahead squares are filled, they get +2 next turn.

So that's it! Simple as that, shall we try playing this game?

If it gets popular, we can enhance it with proper team budgets, sponsors, seasons, deck-building etc etc...

Missing the nice environment here and also seeing all these comments wanted me to offer a forum game I drafted in my mind years ago. If you like the concept, we can do a test race and see whether it works or not.

FORMULA BOARD GAME

It is a very simple board-card-racing game hybrid. Here is how the board looks like:
View attachment 466108

Each turn, players use a card from their deck. Cars normally go 1 or 2 squares forward each turn, but with cards their movement can be modified. Card moves will be done through PMs, so it will be hidden from others.

After everybody send their orders, I will move the cars from the first to the last.

The update will be applied in this order for each car: Card actions + basic movement (1-2)

QuantityCard
2​
Left
2​
Right
2​
+1 speed​
2​
+2 speed​
1​
+3 speed​
1​
Diagonal Left
1​
Diagonal Right

A player doesn't have to use a card, they can simply prefer to go with the basic 1/2 move. If they do so, they will get a new card randomly. It can be one of the 6 basic cards listed above.

Slipstream: If a player ends a turn directly behind another car, they get +1 speed for the next turn. If both the ahead and one of the diagonal ahead squares are filled, they get +2 next turn.

If it gets popular, we can enhance it with proper team budgets, sponsors, seasons, deck-building etc etc...
Damn this takes me a few years back

FORMULA BOARD GAME

View attachment 466108

QuantityCard
2​
Left
2​
Right
2​
+1 speed​
2​
+2 speed​
1​
+3 speed​
1​
Diagonal Left
1​
Diagonal Right

my mind (which is turning more boomer every day it seems) can't figure out how it completely works yet but the concept defenitely seems interesting!

what bugs me the most is the amount of clicks you need to get here, you first need to end up in the forums itself, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page for the "general" section (which doesn't sound to exciting) and then have a subforum in there which leads you to here. Activity is one thing but visibility can be seen as an hinderence to imo

FORMULA BOARD GAME

View attachment 466108

QuantityCard
2​
Left
2​
Right
2​
+1 speed​
2​
+2 speed​
1​
+3 speed​
1​
Diagonal Left
1​
Diagonal Right

Did anyone play this as a kid? This would be really fun!

91ZIEZVM9ZL._AC_SX466_.jpg

FORMULA BOARD GAME

View attachment 466108

QuantityCard
2​
Left
2​
Right
2​
+1 speed​
2​
+2 speed​
1​
+3 speed​
1​
Diagonal Left
1​
Diagonal Right

Reminds me of your Manager game with the epic circuit pictures. Bring those back for this please!!!!

603-Formula-D-2.jpg

@Omer Said This is a game I have which is called "Formula Dices" with some interesting features and real tracks that you can buy (sort of DLCs). It is based on a risk/rewards system, very simple :
You HAVE to stop at least once in each corner. You can use several dices which represent "gears" you can use. Each gear makes you go faster, but if you're going to fast you can stop INSIDE the corner area so you have to change down a gear to get slower then another one etc.. One of the simpliest game i've seen but REALLY amazing.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%