HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

f1-british-gp-2018-crash-of-max-verstappen-red-bull-racing-rb14.jpg

That's me :roflmao:

I've always wanted to do something with rFactor 2, in that game you can adjust the values of the cars which could replicate driver, team and car imrpovements. However I'd need to do a lot of testing. As far as videos go I think I'd settle for highlights rather than a full broadcast, especially if it were centered around endurance racing.

I've started a few Excel projects but never gone through with any of them. I've asked in the past in these forums about what you guys think to certain ideas, this is probably just another idea thrown to the side like the others. Thanks for the input :)
It would be nice if we need to skin the cars also more series where we can compete, like we need some money to enter and because we are not that much there can be also some ai

Now i've my holiday i could set up a forum game using motorsport manager, it's pretty moddable so people could create liveries, set up a team and drive their car, another person could join that team, drivers can be able to assign skill points to their personal driver and improve them after races, managers can assign points to their team director, pit lane crew, engineers and set up car development. Races can be simulated and recorded with commertary (listening to my dutch english yay). Any interest for this kind of game? If so i can work out the plans further

Sounds great. But please start such a game if you believe you can be committed to it. We have seen complex games being shelved mid-way due to excessive load on the moderator.

Sounds great. But please start such a game if you believe you can be committed to it. We have seen complex games being shelved mid-way due to excessive load on the moderator.
Fortnite not being one of them.

I'll do the update on Wednesday. Got a presentation on Tuesday then I'm free :D

Everyone involved please make sure you have done your moves by then.

For the first season i would want it to keep rather basic with just the features i mentioned, could extend it afterwards if possible and suitable. Start of the season with setting up the teams will be the biggest part of work, afterwards it's pretty straight forward. The safe game editor for MM is easy to use and altering performances that way isn't difficult to do

My question is : how the hell are you able to just watch or simulate a race on MM ?! :confused:
Because I’m really interested in it ! I was looking for a good simulator for si long (which is not GP4) !

My question is : how the hell are you able to just watch or simulate a race on MM ?! :confused:
Because I’m really interested in it ! I was looking for a good simulator for si long (which is not GP4) !
my current idea is: start a new save, create a new team, use the editor to set the car performance and drivers skill to 1, don't let them out of the garage for qualifying, give them 1 lap of fuel so they're out of the race straight away and then simulate the rest of the races following the cars that actually matter

my current idea is: start a new save, create a new team, use the editor to set the car performance and drivers skill to 1, don't let them out of the garage for qualifying, give them 1 lap of fuel so they're out of the race straight away and then simulate the rest of the races following the cars that actually matter
Right but for the rest of the season or career ? how do the other teams progress ? I know the game a lot and I think they make upgrades and build new parts during the season.. but we don't really know when or how.
Just playing one race seems easier IMO but I don't know how to edit the stats and stuff just for one race

Right but for the rest of the season or career ? how do the other teams progress ? I know the game a lot and I think they make upgrades and build new parts during the season.. but we don't really know when or how.
Just playing one race seems easier IMO but I don't know how to edit the stats and stuff just for one race
as it's a save game editor my logic is that you can simulate a season by editing all the team values again before the start of another race weekend, as people will make upgrades to their cars probably every race i've to alter those values in game, so it's a small extra job to revert several changes which have happened in the time period between races. as said previously the most work is before the season even starts, gotta search the modding forums how to change the in-game liveries for teams, rules for championships etc so i still have some work to do

I am very interested in this game, since I hate actually playing through the races in MM (I prefer driving). Honestly I don't understand why devs don't create a game where you can skip the races and still have realistic results.

Honestly I don't understand why devs don't create a game where you can skip the races and still have realistic results.
The games do a lot of physics calculations each frame, and if we imagine there are 30FPS (30 updates per second), there would be a lot of calculations to simulate a race (120*60 seconds * 30FPS = 216000 updates)
The physics are designed to do each update in a time span of 1 frame (0.032s for 30FPS), so normally it would take 2 hours to do this amount of updates.
The way you skip is either by speeding up the race by a lot by making the game think it's simulating a larger time span (0.064s, 0.128s etc.) (what I'm doing in my game right now, I believe GP4 does it too), which lowers the amount of updates, or speeding up the update speed by simplifying the physics, both of which give less realistic results.

You can optimize it so the results are good/good enough, like GP4, but it's not easy, for me at least.

Last edited:
Hey folks, just wanted to let you know. I'm in a bit of a transition now with my employment, so I think I'll be a little light on my visits here. I'll try to keep up with the games, Legacy Mgr, Forum Racing, and my RPS, but no guarantees on the RPS being done in a timely fashion. So, yeah. New job starting in a few weeks, and I need to quit this one I'm at now. Yay.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.