HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

The world cup is for pussies who are particularly good at taking a bullet wound from the slightest touch of an opposition player. All these soccer players should be in Hollywood, not earning millions playing a boring game decided by whoever is better at acting and falling over.
End of rant

The world cup is for pussies who are particularly good at taking a bullet wound from the slightest touch of an opposition player. All these soccer players should be in Hollywood, not earning millions playing a boring game decided by whoever is better at acting and falling over.
End of rant
Bla bla bla bla.. what an original point of view. At least I hope one day you'll open your eyes and understand why Football is the king of all sports on earth. Maybe you won't and honestly I feel sad for you because you are really missing something.

Bla bla bla bla.. what an original point of view. At least I hope one day you'll open your eyes and understand why Football is the king of all sports on earth. Maybe you won't and honestly I feel sad for you because you are really missing something.
Nah we're just from a country that dislikes anyone that cheats plays the rules instead of the game. We'll happily rip into our own players if they start any of that s**t as well.

Just want you guys input. What do you guys think to an Excel game where you act more of a chairman of the team, managing all the other aspects of managing a motor sports team rather than giving driver orders.

For example, you'd hire each individual mechanic, engineer, even organise transport for your equipment to tracks, manage PR, hold fan events etc.

Then when race weekend comes along your engineers, mechanics and drivers are in control whilst you sit back and watch how well they perform.

Thoughts my dudes?

Tbh we have excel games at the moment. We need GP4 or other racing game based games to return with videos of the races. They were the games that got most people involved.

I don't think it matters that we have a lot of excel games, and I don't really care. If it's good then it deserves a place on this forum. The suggested game is a different type than what we had before.

I like the idea. But, you need to think very carefully about it. When I first tried to run racing manager, I included a complex system where the players managed things beyond just their strategy (my first thought when you mentioned transport costs), with quite a complex budget system. This was very complicated both for me to mod and for the players (especially casual players) to properly understand. So try to avoid such a scenario for your game.

Things I can suggest from experience that I've already thought of for Racing Manager v2:
-Use low values for costs of things (like, scale millions down to hundreds or thousands). Not a big thing but I personally find those easier to read.
-Avoid giving too much info in DMs each race. Not because it's bad but because it'll get very time consuming, especially when you can only do one DM every 30 seconds.
-Don't add too many things. That's one of the things I don't like about Omer's Formula Manager. It becomes too much when you have to keep track of many things, especially for multiple drivers.

PS: didn't you ask me like in the beginning of 2017 on how to build an accurate excel simulation? would be quite something if you worked on this for over a year! :confused:
0mKXcg1.gif

Tbh we have excel games at the moment. We need GP4 or other racing game based games to return with videos of the races. They were the games that got most people involved.

I've always wanted to do something with rFactor 2, in that game you can adjust the values of the cars which could replicate driver, team and car imrpovements. However I'd need to do a lot of testing. As far as videos go I think I'd settle for highlights rather than a full broadcast, especially if it were centered around endurance racing.

I don't think it matters that we have a lot of excel games, and I don't really care. If it's good then it deserves a place on this forum. The suggested game is a different type than what we had before.

I like the idea. But, you need to think very carefully about it. When I first tried to run racing manager, I included a complex system where the players managed things beyond just their strategy (my first thought when you mentioned transport costs), with quite a complex budget system. This was very complicated both for me to mod and for the players (especially casual players) to properly understand. So try to avoid such a scenario for your game.

Things I can suggest from experience that I've already thought of for Racing Manager v2:
-Use low values for costs of things (like, scale millions down to hundreds or thousands). Not a big thing but I personally find those easier to read.
-Avoid giving too much info in DMs each race. Not because it's bad but because it'll get very time consuming, especially when you can only do one DM every 30 seconds.
-Don't add too many things. That's one of the things I don't like about Omer's Formula Manager. It becomes too much when you have to keep track of many things, especially for multiple drivers.

PS: didn't you ask me like in the beginning of 2017 on how to build an accurate excel simulation? would be quite something if you worked on this for over a year! :confused:
0mKXcg1.gif

I've started a few Excel projects but never gone through with any of them. I've asked in the past in these forums about what you guys think to certain ideas, this is probably just another idea thrown to the side like the others. Thanks for the input :)

I've always wanted to do something with rFactor 2, in that game you can adjust the values of the cars which could replicate driver, team and car imrpovements. However I'd need to do a lot of testing. As far as videos go I think I'd settle for highlights rather than a full broadcast, especially if it were centered around endurance racing.
While I don't own the game, I will say that rFactor 1 had very random results when games were run using it. If the results are that random, then an excel game may even be better for consistency.
But your call. If you want to go for it, I think you should go for it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back