HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

So i'm here at gamescom in cologne, took the opportunity today to visit motorworld which hosts an exhibition of a specific driver... Let's say there were some pretty cool cars around
ohs1hy.jpg

2e3pchs.jpg
2pq16j5.jpg

2rw13r6.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a month. I'll do the update tomorrow. Make 100% sure you have sent me your moves, there has been enough time in the interim to make them, so no excuses.

Okay, this might sounds (and/or look) ridiculous, but I had an idea about making an offline championship with F1 2017: Essentially is a sort of managerial game where people who join have to sign a team, 2 drivers (both real and fictional are allowed but not current or former F1 drivers), which will be later put in a draft, a chassis and engine between 5 manufacturers (Honda, Chevy, Toyota, Renault, Ford) and sponsors. All teams are given a budget where they can use it for repairing the cars in case of accidents or failures and for drivers contracts (and eventual clauses for reaching certain objectives)

Okay, this might sounds (and/or look) ridiculous, but I had an idea about making an offline championship with F1 2017: Essentially is a sort of managerial game where people who join have to sign a team, 2 drivers (both real and fictional are allowed but not current or former F1 drivers), which will be later put in a draft, a chassis and engine between 5 manufacturers (Honda, Chevy, Toyota, Renault, Ford) and sponsors. All teams are given a budget where they can use it for repairing the cars in case of accidents or failures and for drivers contracts (and eventual clauses for reaching certain objectives)
on F1 2017 ?

Right but there is no possibility to simulate a race is there ? But the problem is that you can't access the database.. so how would you change the teams performances ?

There is the EGO ERP Archiver, where I can extract the cars performances. Plus, I have a RAR file with all of the normal team performances

How will you simulate a race? How can we affect the cars through the season? How will you show the results? Will there be a video of the race?

How will you simulate a race? How can we affect the cars through the season? How will you show the results? Will there be a video of the race?

- I won't. I will drive the race as normal since there's no spectator mode (I WILL try my best to be as fair as possible)
- You can buy upgrade packages during the pre-season and tell at which race you want to put them in (minus the first and last race of course)
- By coping all results on paper and then put them in an Excel spreadsheet
- Not really, since my PC is not extremely good (it can run the game, but not at 1080p, 60fps). I'll try it and describe it

If that's the case, I'd suggest looking at GP4. It's much better for AI, has a spectator mode and will actually work. We've investigated Codies F1 games before, but they just won't work for a successful simulation/manager game.

If that's the case, I'd suggest looking at GP4. It's much better for AI, has a spectator mode and will actually work. We've investigated Codies F1 games before, but they just won't work for a successful simulation/manager game.

I can't mod GP4 for squat, plus it's pretty difficult for me to install the tracks with TSM

There are users here who can help massively.

But there are track that I want to use that either haven't been made in GP4 or are extremely buggy (plus I don't want to use tracks such as Adelaide, the old Silverstone or Brands Hatch. I know they are historic, but I want some realism)

I'm curious to see how you plan to execute a f1 2017 sim. But the better graphics would be quite welcome! (minus the low fps in replays)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.