Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Was lucky to get my hands on a set of sprint pedals last Friday.
Received today, picked up a new rig this morning from SimLab (GT EVO) and spend the rest of the day removing my old rig, building the new one :)

When I unpacked the pedals, oh my god....seriously that puts a smile on your face :D
Have seen a lot of pics and vids of the set but they definitely do no justice how the set actually looks like, they are freaking awesome!

Spend a couple of hours in the sim, really needed to get used to them coming from CS v1.
Got more familiar with them now, they are just simply great! Maybe I'm biased a bit as I spend some serious cash on them or the big jump from CS v1 to this, but really like them a lot!

New rig, new pedals...happy days :D

Upvote 0
As you have the same rig as me (GT1 EVO) and these pedals are my next purchase, can you tell me, did you mount the pedals direct to the pedal deck or purchase the optional Heusinkveld baseplate.
When I got my rig I asked Sim Lab if the pedal deck would be strong enough for the Sprints and was told it would be more than enough, but reading back a few posts it seems cap7ainclu7ch said that it had too much flex, causing him problems.

Also, if you have them mounted direct to the rig pedal deck, have you done this with the plate flat as opposed to an angle.

Upvote 0
As you have the same rig as me (GT1 EVO) and these pedals are my next purchase, can you tell me, did you mount the pedals direct to the pedal deck or purchase the optional Heusinkveld baseplate.
When I got my rig I asked Sim Lab if the pedal deck would be strong enough for the Sprints and was told it would be more than enough, but reading back a few posts it seems cap7ainclu7ch said that it had too much flex, causing him problems.

Also, if you have them mounted direct to the rig pedal deck, have you done this with the plate flat as opposed to an angle.
I have a GT1 Evo myself and there's definitely too much flex for the Sprint pedals. I recommend using the Sprint Baseplate.

Upvote 0
I have a GT1 Evo myself and there's definitely too much flex for the Sprint pedals. I recommend using the Sprint Baseplate.

Enzo, thanks for that.

Did you angle the pedal deck with the Sprint Baseplate or lay flat. As my seat is quiet low, I want to get my heels below my hips. The Sprint plate looks like it would make the pedals higher.

Getting to old for all F1 style positions :D

Upvote 0
Enzo, thanks for that.

Did you angle the pedal deck with the Sprint Baseplate or lay flat. As my seat is quiet low, I want to get my heels below my hips. The Sprint plate looks like it would make the pedals higher.

Getting to old for all F1 style positions :D
This is personal preference I suppose. The Sprint pedals allow different angles themselves so it doesn't really matter how you mount the GT1 pedaldeck.

Upvote 0
Finally got around to cutting and bending the 2mm stainless sheet.

20190614_211535.jpg
20190614_211555.jpg

Man, this stuff is a real pain in the backside to work with but it ended up somewhere close to what I wanted.

I'm looking forward to using them :)

Upvote 0
Finally got around to cutting and bending the 2mm stainless sheet.

View attachment 310534 View attachment 310535
Man, this stuff is a real pain in the backside to work with but it ended up somewhere close to what I wanted.

I'm looking forward to using them :)

2mm’s not a great deal even if you have profiles underneath, I’d keep an eye on any flex still. I just received an extra bit of profile today so going to bolt that underneath to see if it helps.

Upvote 0
I see you have the pedals quite far apart. I guess not the original cable, what did you use instead?

Yes, since I only use two pedals, I find it more comfortable to place them not very close and both centered. That way I can do manspreading on my bucket seat :D
I'm using a splitter like this, acting as a short extender. It's hidden inside the little box. The cable and the adapter are covered with cooper tape, to protect them from EMIs. It's working fine.

Upvote 0
Yes, since I only use two pedals, I find it more comfortable to place them not very close and both centered. That way I can do manspreading on my bucket seat :D
I'm using a splitter like this, acting as a short extender. It's hidden inside the little box. The cable and the adapter are covered with cooper tape, to protect them from EMIs. It's working fine.
Okay, cool, yes I would like to do the same

Upvote 0
Looks like I'll be joining the club soon. Got my shipment notice this morning.

@Elaphe - I use two pedals as well and split them maybe even wider than yours. I hadn't considered that wire length might be an issue. Thanks for your post! Going to get myself an extension ahead of time. How far apart are your pedals and how long is the stock wire so i can work out what i need for my rig.

Upvote 0
Received my pedals yesterday. I'll echo what has been stated, these are certainly a quality piece of kit thru and thru. Need to get some M5 bolts to mount them to my 8020 rig so haven't actually tried them yet. Sooooo looking forward to it!!

Upvote 0
Can´t believe how you´ve your pedals. I´ve been looking on Heusinkvelds website every day since 4 months back in time..."Out of stock". Will they ever catch up or are they selling all their pedals to a bigger retailer?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back