Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
After a few weeks of use, I write again to congratulate Heusinkveld for this great product.

Every day I like them more, it is difficult to explain, they just feel natural and precise, without a doubt a great update of my old V3.

congratulations Heusinkveld!

Upvote 0
After a few weeks of use, I write again to congratulate Heusinkveld for this great product.

Every day I like them more, it is difficult to explain, they just feel natural and precise, without a doubt a great update of my old V3.

congratulations Heusinkveld!
Thanks for the kind words! I'll forward them to the team!

Upvote 0
@Enzo Fazzi i have my ults mounted directly to the P1 pedal plate. I noticed the aluminum profile flexes when I press the brake.

Should I be using a pedal plate and then mounting that to the P1 to avoid this? I can record a quick video if that helps.

Upvote 0
@Enzo Fazzi i have my ults mounted directly to the P1 pedal plate. I noticed the aluminum profile flexes when I press the brake.

Should I be using a pedal plate and then mounting that to the P1 to avoid this? I can record a quick video if that helps.
I find it surprising that the aluminium of the pedal section on the P1 flexes. The baseplate would add some thickness and spread the load a bit, so I'd say you would get less flex. You may have to drill holes to mount it, however.

Upvote 0
The rear 40x40 piece that the back of my Sprint pedals mounts to does flex when I press hard on the brake. It's not that I feel this while driving, but I don't like seeing it flex.

For now I've added reinforcement as shown below which helps.

What the picture below shows is that the bolt spacing on the Sprint pedals will fit the slots of a 120x40mm piece of 8020 40 series stock. (BTW, good thinking on Heusinkveld's part to allow this)

My suggestion for Sprint owners to eliminate flex would be to replace the 2 x 40x40 pieces with a single 120x40 piece. Just put 8mm threads in the 1st and 3rd hole on each side, bolt it right in.

Or get the P1-X upgrade kit. That would put a 160x40 piece in back and pretty well guarantee that no flex visible with the naked eye is possible.

For Ultimates, I haven't checked the bolt hole alignment. I know that they are longer.

reinforcement_4154.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Enzo I just wanted to say that my replacement bolt pack arrived today many thanks for your help.

Can I also just take this opportunity to congratulate the team I absolutely love my pedals also so much - I almost forget they are there and never have to think about them, or a tweak or a setting change.

Pretty much exactly what I hoped for since I tried them at the launch at Sim expo last year and I’m pleased to say they have fulfilled my every expectation .

;) Fantastic !

Upvote 0
I find it surprising that the aluminium of the pedal section on the P1 flexes. The baseplate would add some thickness and spread the load a bit, so I'd say you would get less flex. You may have to drill holes to mount it, however.

Yeah I’m surprised myself, didn’t think it was possible, the front of mine are attached to the first slot of a 40x80 profile piece and it bends up on heavy pushing of the pedal, going to get a short piece of 40x40 profile and mount it underneath across front to back under where the brake pedal is, see if that helps.

Upvote 0
Can you all stop talking about how good these pedals are until I've got mine :D

They were expected to arrive at DT on the 22nd May and still nothing so I gave them a call today and they've said they will need to contact Heusinkveld to find out the status. That makes me think they aren't coming anytime soon :(

Upvote 0

They were expected to arrive at DT on the 22nd May and still nothing so I gave them a call today and they've said they will need to contact Heusinkveld to find out the status. That makes me think they aren't coming anytime soon :(

OMG Paul! You just won't believe how good these are!

Sorry, couldn't resist. If it helps, I still have two months to wait for my new Valve Index system and am pretty excited to see that when it finally arrives. There is always something.

Upvote 0
OMG Paul! You just won't believe how good these are!

Sorry, couldn't resist. If it helps, I still have two months to wait for my new Valve Index system and am pretty excited to see that when it finally arrives. There is always something.

You aren't wrong. There's always the next best thing just over the horizon.

Must be the combination of the Simucube 2 delay along with the pedals that's causing my mini meltdown. Anyway, they'll arrive eventually so I'll need to go back into calm and patient mode :)

Upvote 0
Regarding the Sprint pedals, we're dealing with parts from suppliers that have been ordered months ago (when we had 4 people on the assembly team) and now with more than double this amount, we have been building pedals faster than we were able to get parts delivered. The next batch of Sprints will therefore have a 3 week gap, instead of two. We should have them ready in the first week of June.

Upvote 0

I was waiting for you to comment like that, lol. :D

Upvote 0
Regarding the Sprint pedals, we're dealing with parts from suppliers that have been ordered months ago (when we had 4 people on the assembly team) and now with more than double this amount, we have been building pedals faster than we were able to get parts delivered. The next batch of Sprints will therefore have a 3 week gap, instead of two. We should have them ready in the first week of June.

Do you think that will apply to me, Enzo?

I ordered the 3 pedal set on April 19.

I then received a mail from DT on May 02.
In that email they informed me that they expected to receive the stock to fulfill my order on or around May 22.

When I called them today, I got the impression that they hadn't received anything although that's just my guess and nothing was verbally confirmed.

Upvote 0
Do you think that will apply to me, Enzo?

I ordered the 3 pedal set on April 19.

I then received a mail from DT on May 02.
In that email they informed me that they expected to receive the stock to fulfill my order on or around May 22.

When I called them today, I got the impression that they hadn't received anything although that's just my guess and nothing was verbally confirmed.
I can't really help you with this. We send batches to DT regularly, but I have no idea what their backlog is.

Upvote 0
Well, I think I might take the record for longest wait from order to delivery :cry:

I asked DT to check on my order status a few days ago and they have now come back to me.

The new estimate is that they will receive stock on June 21. I ordered on April 19.
Wonder if anyone has had to wait longer than that for their Sprints or can I lay claim to the record :(

Also, if anyone who ordered from DT around the same time as me, could you let me know if you have received them or are about to.

I'm wondering if my order got overlooked because it seems strange that my wait time has been extended by over a month and I'm starting to think that my order was missed and I've been passed over to the next batch.

Not happy at all as I have a Simucube 2 arriving next week and won't be able to use it until these pedals arrive.

I'm going to go away now and have a little cry over my first world problems :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ordered mine on March 8th and got mine on April 25th or a day shy of 7 weeks. Looks like you will be at about 9 weeks. A bit longer, but nothing crazy.

First world problems deserve first world solutions. Do you have a pub near by?

Upvote 0
I ordered mine on March 8th and got mine on April 25th or a day shy of 7 weeks. Looks like you will be at about 9 weeks. A bit longer, but nothing crazy.

First world problems deserve first world solutions. Do you have a pub near by?

Thanks for the info and suggestion, Mark. Only a large drink can cure this problem :thumbsup:

Edit: Hold that drink, barman.

You won't believe this but I've just received an email saying they've been dispatched. WTF!

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 30.9%