Have Your Say: Who Should McLaren Use to Replace Alonso at Monaco?

I think it would be nice to see Stefan Wilson take Alsonso's place - a straight swap. He's giving up his Indy 500 seat for Alonso, why not swap directly?

Yeah, like in first post - I think Pastor Maldonado is best choice. Great chance to make something spectacular (crasch i mean) before engine or something other blows up :D

I was going to say Maldonado, but I've been beaten to it.

In that case, it's realistically got to be Butty, although I would like to see new verstappenesque blood come into the sport.

Jenson's twitter yesterday:

JB.jpg

Jenson's a funny bloke. :)

Anyway, I think it's fairly likely that whoever will appear in the Bahrain test on the weekend will be driving the McLaren at Monaco.

Button takes the drive, by some luck and strategy makes a podium.

Not going to happen, but wouldn't that be fun...

Anyway, does it really matter who sits in the car when it breaks down? Yeah sorry, former McLaren fan turned cynic...

There is no way it should be an F1 rookie, as much as I would like to see it, given how Stroll went in his first few attempts in the new cars and how Giovinazzi has gone, these cars are much harder to drive and a rookie around Monaco in wider F1 cars, yeah that'll go well, just give it to JB and if he doesn't want it and you can't get Rosberg, just enter one car and save yourself a repair bill and precious Honda mileage

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back