Have Your Say: Who Should McLaren Use to Replace Alonso at Monaco?

Screen-Shot-2015-09-21-at-04.00.23.png

"McLaren needs a driver? Díos mio, thought I'd sneak in here and take a peek."

Came here to post this. :laugh:

• Deleted member 205301

Actually, I'd love to see lando noris in the car....

The ones that voted for Montoya must not know that the colombian will be at the same Indy 500 in which Alonso will compete...lol.

Logic says Jenson should be one, after all, he have a contract to do it...by the looks of it.
I just dont think he is willing to do it...since this Mclaren is such a great car....

In my book, in the case Jenson is not ok to do it...I would talk with Jean Eric Vergne.
Good driver, he was with Ferrari until last season, doing simulator work in touch with the actual generation of cars...he is racing, and he have some good experience in F1.

Put a rookie in the car for the Monaco race is too big of a risk.

Whoever they choose will be in for a very busy time. Difficult car to drive, complicated to operate (tons of buttons), engine that requires management beyond belief and 3000 gearshifts. Good f...... luck :O_o:

• Deleted member 130869

I'd like to see someone from their driver program, hopefully a qualified youngster. Very unlikely but it would be cool to see Jean-Eric Vergne or even Kamui Kobayashi! Even more unlikely, Bruno Senna. You know, Senna name in a McLaren Honda at Monaco.

I'm surprised to see Felipe* Nasr (which was spelled wrong) on this list. Voted on him. I believe he's the best option outside of the grid besides Jenson. He also deserve a chance on a great team.

But Jenson is the most obvious choice because he's still on McLaren's hand. Nico is out of question. He still has some kind of contract with Mercedes. And Giovinazzi is a Ferrari driver.

I would like to see Button, if I'm not mistaken is he not supposed to play some role in Mclaren.

Monaco is also not the type track for some rookie or a driver that does not have real experience with a F1 car.

My question is who's going to replace Honda? :)

Mclaren Honda Donkey.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back