Have Your Say: The Best Virtual Silverstone?

Haha these results in the polls seems so misleading, if 55% like assetto corsa, have most even tried iRacing that costs $12 each month, probably not, because they don´t like/can´t afford/spending monthly fees on a simulator or had the time even advancing to higher licenses allowing them to even try silverstone?(Assuming you didn't buy it in the first place playing it practice or test drive sessions) And for this poll to assume there are people that have tried all of these sims would be inconsistent. So why not make a form about it and see the stats on three graphs, one showing how many people have tried all of the mentioned sims with that track&sim configuration (assuming they're honest) and then showing a second graph of what favourite version they liked the best, lastly the third graph showing the peoples experince in simracing in partiucular play time resulting in skill and understanding of the car dynamics, this is to draw paralells with what type of sim you are drawn to based of your play time developing your skills. Honestly I wrote this to say that I believe that iRacing does it best for me... But please don't hate, you will find reason in my message sooner or later.

Last edited:
The votes speak for itself. I was really a fan of iRacing version until I tried AC. I was blown away with it and all other tracks a swell. Until the day iRacing blows air to their deflated crowd graphics and use 3D graphics instead of paper cut out foliage and update to current layout, their version is a weak contender... atm

Haha these results in the polls seems so misleading, if 55% like assetto corsa, have most even tried iRacing that costs $12 each month, probably not, because they don´t like/can´t afford/spending monthly fees on a simulator or had the time even advancing to higher licenses allowing them to even try silverstone?(Assuming you didn't buy it in the first place playing it practice or test drive sessions) And for this poll to assume there are people that have tried all of these sims would be inconsistent. So why not make a form about it and see the stats on three graphs, one showing how many people have tried all of the mentioned sims with that track&sim configuration (assuming they're honest) and then showing a second graph of what favourite version they liked the best, lastly the third graph showing the peoples experince in simracing in partiucular play time resulting in skill and understanding of the car dynamics, this is to draw paralells with what type of sim you are drawn to based of your play time developing your skills. Honestly I wrote this to say that I believe that iRacing does it best for me... But please don't hate, you will find reason in my message sooner or later.

I almost agreed with you mate, but once I removed myself from a 3 year iRacing addiction, I realized how much I missed, at least on the road side of things. iRacing has so much going on at the moment, it seems they forgot about the roadies still waiting for them to come through with all the stuff they announced long time ago, even before I signed up. Saying that, I'm not putting the dagger yet on their content. I just got tired of the same old tracks rotating season after season. I felt I was in a vacuum community where the things you can enjoy are in a one page list and nothing even on the other side.

My comment is probably off topic now, but once you put yourself in a situation where you enjoy every single title and have equal respect for each, you will realize how much iRacing tied you down to very few contents and a subscription plan. I'll be back there though, as soon as I see some yummy contents to enjoy. But there's nothing at the moment. Not even a full "current" version of Silverstone.

The votes speak for itself. I was really a fan of iRacing version until I tried AC. I was blown away with it and all other tracks a swell. Until the day iRacing blows air to their deflated crowd graphics and use 3D graphics instead of paper cut out foliage and update to current layout, their version is a weak contender... atm
The only reason i like the iRacing version or any track comparable to AC is because of the sheer amount of resolution in the feedback you get, not only by the wheel but also visually, tiny subtle bumps that you can spot in replay way clearer as well as when you are driving, so it's just on another level, at least for me.

Personally I can't tell the difference between Gran Turismo, Assetto Corsa or F1 series or GRID.

Gamepad with Gran Turismo felt the most realistic.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back