Have Your Say: The Best Virtual Silverstone?

I put more emphasis on terrain the car, tyres and FFB then track correctness or track models or 3rd party improvements or any other cosmetics

So my answer is if you find the right car, setup, FFB they all very good

Does not surprise me terrain was barely mentioned :ninja:

P.S. Any track feels okay with cheaper controls but spending thousands to drive almost lifeless terrain which barely bring out those subtle FFB feelings does not interest me as much ;)

Last edited:
Minority opinion here, but I went with the R3E version. I think the AC version is solid, too - not surprised to see a lot of people going with that version.

It's a great track - like others before me have already mentioned, I'm not sure I would appreciate it like I do if it weren't for sim racing.

AC , iRacing and race room are my choice
(i didn't test this track on rfactor2, pcars 1-2 , motogp)
but the track itself is not my fav , most of the time i have skipped races at silverstone! (don't kill me :D:p)

but the track itself is not my fav , most of the time i have skipped races at silverstone! (don't kill me :D:p)
Used to feel this way about a number of tracks, including this one, until I had another reason to put in a lot of laps and wanted to learn a new track. This happened a number of times for me tuning FFB in GTR2 (I've put in months and hundreds of laps tuning various mods and cars) and it turns out the tracks I thought I wouldn't really like really grew on me. Tracks like Bathurst, Nurburgring (not Nords), and Silverstone are all real examples and I really came to appreciate each of them.

Funny how it took the need to do something else to get me to put in some laps on a track I thought I didn't like to get me to like it... :D

No sim can approach to iRacing's quality in terms of tracks.
I wish one day we have a sim with RF2 physics and iracing tracks combined.
Oh and with ACC graphic ofcourse:whistling:

In Rfactor 2 for me are the curbstones black and yellow on a strange way.... everything is fine in VR for me but Silverstone black/yellow curbs..from 2016 version steam workshop. anyone sugestions??

I just finished racing on all 4 VR versions and tested on iRacing's version.
1- AC
2-- rF2 very close 2nd
3- iR I just like the "old" modern version
4- PC2 the negative effects of the curbs really hurt what is perhaps the best looking version
5- RR3

I would of said AC but as you are all saying about how it's accurate, there is way to much cutting allowed.

I haven't tried the others so I would have to say Geoff Crammond's version:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back