Have Your Say: The Best Virtual Silverstone?

Reference videos of each game's track would be brilliant here. For example, this one:

I have to say Silverstone looks quite atmospheric and the graphical realism is up there in AC.

Where's even the difference between all versions. They all feature the same layout and nowadays are mostly laser scanned. What do we expect from the different versions, to feature different years or immersion or what even is it that we judge here?

Graphics doesn't make much sense, as it's mostly down to the game's stock assets how a track looks (copy+pase of ambient trees, bushes, grass textures, etc). Layouts are pretty much all the same, as mentioned above.

(Likely to get a lot of disagrees on that, but I'm quite sure that you guys can't argue with the fact that Brooklands is always Brooklands, no matter which game it is.)

Where's even the difference between all versions. They all feature the same layout and nowadays are mostly laser scanned. What do we expect from the different versions, to feature different years or immersion or what even is it that we judge here?

Graphics doesn't make much sense, as it's mostly down to the game's stock assets how a track looks (copy+pase of ambient trees, bushes, grass textures, etc). Layouts are pretty much all the same, as mentioned above.

(Likely to get a lot of disagrees on that, but I'm quite sure that you guys can't argue with the fact that Brooklands is always Brooklands, no matter which game it is.)
It's the shape of the trees by which true track realism in sim racing games is messured. I know that because I am a treelogist-simmer.

On a more serious note:
Your argument can be transfered to cars, as well, or to anything else.
(Yes, I know that - at first sight - cars may offer a wider field of discussion, but in my opinion tracks can also feel differently and one track can be more "vivid" than another track. So, this discussion has every right to exist - IMO ofc.)

Obviously AC. Loving the bumps at Maggots/Becketts and on the braking zone at the of hangar straight. In general the track feels so alive in AC. Something for example rF2 version is lacking quite badly. In my opinion also the new layout is so much better than the old one in iR. Haven't tried RRE but laser scanning do matter when it comes to finer details. It's tricky to model an accurate track surface mesh without good blueprints.

Hate all you want, but Gran Turismo 6 has the best version of this track. If only the engine was a bit better and could achieve 60fps with tighter physics.

Assetto Corsa..... I have never driven the real track and I'm pretty confident in saying I never will so don't know how realistic it is but I definitely enjoy it in AC :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back