Have Your Say: The Best Virtual Silverstone?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say Silverstone Versions.jpg

Have Your Say is here, and in deference to the British Grand Prix this weekend we'd like to know who you think has the best version of Silverstone in sim racing..!

This should be a pretty easy one.. or not, depending on your personal opinion and thoughts on the subject. I don't really need to introduce this one much, so I'll just leave the question here:

Which sim do you think has the best version of Silverstone in all of sim racing at present?

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below and poll above!

When it comes to Silverstone personally my favorites are the rF2 / Assetto Corsa versions, they look and feel quite accurate to me, however I also like the PC2 version, it has a nice atmosphere and due to the game's weather/season/day-night system it is also a fun to drive on.

Just to throw a curve ball, my favourite version of Silverstone is the classic 60s version in AC. Creating classic tracks isn't easy but its really well done - hats off to their track team. The classic version in PC2 is nice too for the 70s and 80s cars in that title.

For me, the best versions of Silverstone are the rF2/AC ones, I also find the R3E one pretty accurate for not being laserscanned. The iRacing version I think is one of the worst versions of the tracks the service has, but still is pretty nice

The AC and iRacing versions are best in my opinion but the R3E version is also quite good because it's one of youngest additions to the game. The first tracks which made their way into the game (like Hockenheim) are clearly worse.

is it difficult to judge and say which is the better after all, what is the track? the visual? the atmosphere? the whole? Since AC and iR are scanned but they are not the same track after all, the iR version is older with another layout, but both with respect to the track are good given this difference, while rFactor2 has a very good version, but compared to AC it is possible to notice that there is slight difference in the geometry of some curves/turns. Visually perhaps the Raceroom even by having received the track less time has the visually more accurate version considered kerbs, escape areas, grass, and such things and the version of the PC2 despite having some inconsistencies in the direction of bumps also comparing with that of the AC in compensation maybe you have the best atmosphere of a race weekend. taking everything into account I still prefer the AC version today

For me, it is the AC version with the Real Billboards and Stuff mod by JW Modding.
(Now, you can even drive in the night and in the "rain" on a wet track using Alberto Fracasso's wet mod, Peter Boese's good and bad weather suite and Ilja Jusupov's shaders light patch.)
However, I also like the version in rFactor 2 very much.
Since I don't own iRacing, F1 and MotoGP, I don't know how good Silverstone is implemented there.
Btw: The more I drive at/on Silverstone, the more I like it or the more I appreciate this great track. But I also do understand why some poeple find it a boring track.

Btw 2: Thanks to everyone who mentioned the old Silverstone. I have to dig it out again. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back