Hardware Steering Lock (SimHub plugin)

Misc Hardware Steering Lock (SimHub plugin) 0.10

Login or Register an account to download this content
Does this work with SimHub v8.0.0b10 (build time : 30/04/2022 17:04:13)?

Either the installation instructions are insufficient or it simply doesn't show up at all.

Edit: Put the contents of `bin/`to your Simhub root directory.

@Havner would be nice to update the description :)

Edit 2: Steering range has to be on exact same value as bumpstop range:

Last edited:
Does this work with SimHub v8.0.0b10 (build time : 30/04/2022 17:04:13)?
Put the single .dll file in directly in the simhub directory and restart it.

It works fine with simhub 8. Open the simhub settings -> plugins and see if it's listed at/near the top. To see it working you can also check simhub logs. I think I mentioned this in the readme.
The latest versions of TrueDrive stopped showing when the rotation is changed by the game.

Last edited:
Put the single .dll file in directly in the simhub directory and restart it.

It works fine with simhub 8. Open the simhub settings -> plugins and see if it's listed at/near the top. To see it working you can also check simhub logs. I think I mentioned this in the readme.
The latest versions of TrueDrive stopped showing when the rotation is changed by the game.
Don't you need to put contents of whole `bin` directory out of release zip into Simhub root? Only the DLL?

For non technical people you should really put easy to do instructions. Not everyone understands that CS files are source files and the build is in bin (it should at least be in build/release called folder). Or make two builds - one including source files and other just for public which you can easily do by utilizing dev branches.

Last edited:
Don't you need to put contents of whole `bin` directory out of release zip into Simhub root? Only the DLL?

For non technical people you should really put easy to do instructions. Not everyone understands that CS files are source files and the build is in bin (it should at least be in build/release called folder). Or make two builds - one including source files and other just for public which you can easily do by utilizing dev branches.
With all due respect, but what the hell are you talking about? The release ZIP you can download here contains only one DLL file. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no directory inside. Neither bin nor anything else.

I remind you that this site is called Race Department, not github. I don't distribute sources nor building instructions here.

Last edited:
With all due respect I must have mixed the sources since I had trouble with downloading from RD as usual. Ignore my previous posts about installation.

Bump setting is still a thing to consider.

Last edited:
Bump setting is still a thing to consider.
Bumpstop setting is a personal thing. If someone set his range to be 10 or 20 more than the logical range this will carry over to the hard lock set by the plugin. So it doesn't have to be the same for the plugin to work. It will just have consequences. But if someone set his bump stop range to not be equal to the rotation I image he knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
hi, i'm not good english and just first time using simhub.

so how to "Enable it in SimHub". please let me know.

i can put in file to the simhub folder but i can't go to next step.

please help me.

hi how can i make this work with a moza r9. just upgraded dfrom thrustamster but it doesnt seem to work as it did with my tm
Unless Moza will provide a way to programatically set wheel lock (you can ask them for that) or someone will figure out a way to do that this will not work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.