Hardware Steering Lock (SimHub plugin)

Misc Hardware Steering Lock (SimHub plugin) 0.10

Login or Register an account to download this content
Will the plugin also come for Fanatec wheels?
If somebody asks Fanatec or figure out how to implement then yes. But seeing that Fanatec wheels are not implemented in Content Manager I'd presume that either no one did or it's maybe impossible to do this for their wheels.

If somebody asks Fanatec or figure out how to implement then yes. But seeing that Fanatec wheels are not implemented in Content Manager I'd presume that either no one did or it's maybe impossible to do this for their wheels.
Interesting. You can set hardware steering lock via the drivers or fanalab.

Interesting. You can set hardware steering lock via the drivers or fanalab.
I need to do this programmatically. I know that in general you can do this. The question is if Fanatec published/given some API to do this programmatically. I suppose fanalab is not open source?

Last edited:
Havner updated Hardware Steering Lock (SimHub plugin) with a new update entry:

0.6 released

• Added support for Thrustmaster TSPC with Ferrari F1 and SF1000 wheels
  • Added more logging, now detected devices are listed with their GUIDs
If you have a modern Thrustmaster (like before mentioned TSPC) with some strange wheel and it doesn't work please let me know now and attach the SimHub log that lists your devices (lines starting with "AccSteeringLock:")

Read the rest of this update entry...

I need to do this programmatically. I know that in general you can do this. The question is if Fanatec published/given some API to do this programmatically. I suppose fanalab is not open source?
When Ilja implemented hardware lock into Content Manager several years ago, I still had a Fanatec wheel and since i bothered him about something unrelated he asked me to run a few tests for him and send him logs to see if there was a way to implement hardware lock for Fanatec wheels. Sadly, he couldn't find anything that worked and IIRC he said Fanatec didn't reply to his inquiries.

When Ilja implemented hardware lock into Content Manager several years ago, I still had a Fanatec wheel and since i bothered him about something unrelated he asked me to run a few tests for him and send him logs to see if there was a way to implement hardware lock for Fanatec wheels. Sadly, he couldn't find anything that worked and IIRC he said Fanatec didn't reply to his inquiries.
So it seems unfortunately that sums it up. Also my code is based on Ilja's so if he'd figured that out I'd have that here as well.

Good work @Havner !!
Do you have planned to make the simagic alpha mini supported?
Cheers!!
I don't have any "plans" per se. I own SC2 so this is the only thing I can work on. I'm open though to whatever other things can be provided so if anyone asks/figures about about any other wheel I can implement it (as long as I'm able). But I won't magically add support for anything by myself. Do you own simagic? Ask the manufacturer if it's possible to set the lock programmatically. Ask him to provide code examples (in whatever language). Then we can work this out.

I don't have any "plans" per se. I own SC2 so this is the only thing I can work on. I'm open though to whatever other things can be provided so if anyone asks/figures about about any other wheel I can implement it (as long as I'm able). But I won't magically add support for anything by myself. Do you own simagic? Ask the manufacturer if it's possible to set the lock programmatically. Ask him to provide code examples (in whatever language). Then we can work this out.
Yes I do. I own a simagic alpha mini.
Gi'me a time and ask this question.
Could be your beta tester? ;)

Hi, I just encountered the same problem with my t300 since the last update (1.8.14), you have to delete the "Havner.AccSteeringLock.dll" file in the SimHub folder and add it again until you get the message on simhub which asks you to authorize it (maybe you have to restart the pc/game with simhub without the plugin between the 2 steps).

Hi Havner, I have a Direct Drive Augury with MMOS without Simucube. Can you do an update for that DD?. Thank you
Not by myself. I'd need to know how to do that. Every wheel has a different method of setting HW lock (some probably even can't do that).
There is some support for MMOS taken from Content Manager. What in general is "Augury with MMOS without Simucube"> Can you elaborate a little on this and MMOS. What software/driver drives this wheel. Is this something common for all MMOS?

Not by myself. I'd need to know how to do that. Every wheel has a different method of setting HW lock (some probably even can't do that).
There is some support for MMOS taken from Content Manager. What in general is "Augury with MMOS without Simucube"> Can you elaborate a little on this and MMOS. What software/driver drives this wheel. Is this something common for all MMOS?
Is this information useful?
we write exactly all the components of which the OpenSimwheel Augury Kit is integrated:

1 pc. Mige 130ST-M10010 engine (10000ppr).
1 pc. ARGON Servo Drive (GRANITE DEVICE).
4 pcs Heat sinks for Argon.
1 pc. Discovery STM32F4 controller board.
1 pc. Shield design Augury (Improves the connection of the Discovery with the Argon Driver).
1 pc. Mean Well 24V power supply.
1 pc. Resistance 100 ohms, TE Connectivity.
1 pc. Power connector module with filter (Schaffner FN9264B-10-06).
1 pc. Fuse.
1 pc. Panel connector USB type A for the update when the Discovery board is required. (It is sent updated).
1 pc. USB Type B Panel Connector for connection to PC (game).
1 pc. Ethernet Panel Connector for updating the firmware of the Argon driver when required. (It is sent updated).
* The kit is updated in all Firmwares, both for the Argon Driver and for the Discovery board, therefore it is plug/play.
3 pcs Quality grommets to ensure the connection of the motor connectors and the emergency stop button.
1 pc. Emergency stop button.
1 pc. Aluminum steering wheel adapter with 6 standard holes (70mm) to 22mm axle.
1 pc. Stainless Steel Case exclusive design Augury (screws included).
1 pc. Augury Design Stainless Steel Servo Motor Bracket (adjustable from 0 to 20 degrees of inclination) (screws included).
1 pc. USB cable to PC 3m (game).
1 pc. 3m power cord.

To calibrate it I use MMosFFB_Tool_0.91\MMos Force Feedback 2014

Last edited:
Is this information useful?
No, not really. I get that this is DIY type of wheel, but it's the software side that's more important for me.
What exactly is MMOS? Do all hardware that can be described as MMOS uses the same software/firmware (for PC communication, not firmware for specific motors, this is irrelevant here).

I can see that the support for mmos is very similar to simucube so maybe it doesn't really matter all that much, we could try blindly, but I'd need your GUID. Send me AcSteeringLock SimHub logs.

No en realidad no. Entendiendo que este es un tipo de rueda de bricolaje, pero es el lado del software lo que es más importante para mí.
¿Qué es exactamente MMOS? ¿Todo el hardware que se puede describir como MMOS usa el mismo software/firmware (para comunicación con PC, no hay firmware para motores específicos, esto es irrelevante aquí).

Puedo ver que el soporte para mmos es muy similar a simucube, así que tal vez no importe tanto, podríamos intentarlo a ciegas, pero necesitaría su GUID. Envíenme registros de AcSteeringLock SimHub.
Hola Havner, no tengo las especificaciones técnicas del software MMOS Force Feedback, pero adjunto un enlace de descarga en caso de que te permita determinar de qué se trata.

Attachments

• SimHub.pdf
    194 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering