Both drivers will need to remain on board until the end of the season.
Grosjean has passed his use by date and must go, Magnussen is a solid racer and should remain alongside a promising younger driver (if there is one) to balance the on track performance.
Frankly, I think (just me, myself) HAAS should get out of EffWun or commit 110%, depart NASCAR and devote all their energy to the series.

Wow, how quickly people are forgotten, or rather how quickly I forget people.

Ocon, he would be a great shout for a few teams.

I would have thought Ocon would have to sever all Mercedes ties for a Haas seat, which may not be desirable/practical for him. Which is a shame because he deserves a seat; arguably a better seat than Haas.

My (probably unpopular) take on this is Haas has exactly the level of drivers their performance deserves. I just can't see them attracting any drivers that would be an improvement over the current crop at this moment. The likes of Perez or Hulkenburg would be mad to take a step down, while grabbing a couple of youngsters from F2 has it's own problems - not least of all that the front runners have all been there a few years without really looking like F1 material.

If Liberty are looking to follow through on added entertainment value in F1 they should put these two and the whole team on a central contract and stream GuntherCam online for the entire race. :)

I would get two new drivers for 2020. Grosjean makes too many mistakes and can’t handle the pressure. As for Magnussen, I have never understood why he is in F1. The guy looks like a major league a**hole. There are plenty of drivers just as talented and with a better attitude. Last time I checked, Ocon is still looking for a drive...

Short-term (until the end of 2019):
Get rid of Grosjean, sadly. Great talent, but never quite made the development that would have been necessary. Replace him with Fittipaldi until the end of the season.

2020 season:
Try and get rid of Magnussen as well, replace him with one of the FIA F2 top guys. De Vries has been dropped by McLaren and would be available. Deletraz is already a Haas development driver. Either could do suitably well paired with Fittipaldi. Alternatively, call Alonso and pair the offer with an Indy 500 drive, that appears to attract him.

What not to do:
Put Mahaveer Raghunathan in that car. Any car, actually.

Definitely not a good place to be, with all the millions at stake , not a big fan of Grosjean , so if I had to fire one, it would be him, but personally I would fire both
there's a lot of young talent out there

like I'd rather get Ocon back then keep Grosjean smashing into other drivers

The problem with getting Ocon back is that he doesn't have any money to back it up, and since Haas desperately needs that they'd go for a driver that can bring along some more money as well. Ocon is a good driver but unfortunately not a rich one, which you kind of need to be if you want to keep racing in F1 nowadays.

Venezuela's economy has collapsed completely, they dont even own pdvsa anymore, i think russia owns it when they defaulted on a loan, go watch an episode on it on 'visualpolitik' because its so fascinating

Wait... if Russia owns it, then it could sponsor a certain driver. A driver who was awarded the award for being the best driver last year.

There'll be someone eyeing up sponsoring them. They've been having troubles with the current one, the team is falling on its face. Someone out there looking for a place in F1 as a main sponsor or such will see this as an opportunity to come in like Manor did to Marussia. Haas will be relatively easy to win over, as any amount of money, so long as it covers the costs, is welcome.

I would fired all morons that post here.

Magnussen is to blame here not Grosjean. He tried to overtake his teammate in a dangerous ways. Grosjean lost slightly the rear at this corner and it has been enough to get contact with magnussen that should not be there.

If magnussen would like to kill his teammate's carreer he would not have act differently. By far he does not have the palmares of Grosjean nor the speed, but with time and morons like people on this forum who can't watch TV and check numbers he will success in his agenda.

Grosjean is one of the most titled driver in F1 with about 49 victories so hearing people that say he is not fast is just unbelievable. Most of the drivers if not all don't have as many victories as Grosjean got before going in F1.

I would kick Grosjean out of the door and take Ocon or Wehrlein there. Magnussen can stay for now. Get reliable main sponsor

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.