You mean the kind of demeanor Mag Sr showed at Laguna Seca a few years ago? :whistling: Father and son are about the same in a race car.
Haas should fire both Grosjean and Magnussen and replace them by a pair of quick and composed drivers, Pérez and Ocon for example. :D

You mean the kind of demeanor Mag Sr showed at Laguna Seca a few years ago? :whistling: Father and son are about the same in a race car.
Haas should fire both Grosjean and Magnussen and replace them by a pair of quick and composed drivers, Pérez and Ocon for example. :D
With Jan it is more the exception then the rule.

While they might be disasters at times, they're both totally capable of scoring points in any race, idk who Haas could get to fill in right now that can say the same. This season has made me fall in love with Steiner, he's been the definition of a Boss.

At this rate I can't possibly see either of them with the team next year. But there's still plenty of time to turn things around and start scoring points

Last edited:
Fire them both... bring in Fittipaldi and see if Merc are willing to let Ocon sign.
Seat time for Ocon is a win/win for everyone involved and Fittipaldi is more new blood. Start fresh.

Can't be any worse than the current situation really...

I am probably rather biased as a K-Mag fan, but I'd keep him on for now. He has at least had some solid performances this season. Grosjean on the other hand I'd sack, his time seems over.
One of the other reasons I'd not sack K-Mag is: Who would you get as a replacement? The current F2 grid is rather lackluster. For Grosjean you could get Ocon at least, but I don't find a single driver in F2 suited for F1, at least as of now. Fittipaldi isn't performing great either currently, while with a privateer, he's 13th in the standings. Maybe something can change in the coming years, but I doubt now.

Gunther should take them here, make them wear full driving gear and upload the photos
maxresdefault.jpg

Teams should hit all drivers where it hurts make them pay for the damage they cause
Oh look now, no more crashes, amazing :barefoot:

Unfortunately in this day and age I’m sure the team would have to eat the cost of the contracts to outright fire and get rid of either of them or still spend a smaller fortune in legal fees to negotiate a “departure.”

Tell them that they’re both on “team probation.” One more incident between the two of them and it will be 100% team orders indefinitely. Whoever qualifies in front will remain in front. The slower qualified one will not be allowed to even attempt to pass the other one without explicit permission. In other words, they’ll be treated just like children they’re behaving like and the whole world will know it over the radio. Have Gene Haas in the room when this is laid out to them.

sack them both. every one that even comes into contact with this team get a bad attitude so maybe staff needs to be sacked too. but really haas will never be better than it already has been imo, if thats a problem for them than f1 isnt for them

Unfortunately I feel Romain's career has never really materialized, may have lost some confidence, and is beginning to press and making questionable decisions.
Magnussen could use a bit more of his dad's demeanor in and out of the car, just too much of a hot head and not enough race acumen.
I would pair Pietro Fittipaldi with Romain for the next race, and then follow it up the race after with Magnussen and repeat for the remaining races and see how he works as a teammate to one of the current stooges. And at years end make a decision to launch one or the other, or both and replace with Fittipaldi and give Rossi a re-do at F1.
magnussen at least has had speed, grosjean hasnt since 2013 i wouldnt bother keeping romain, and if pietro beats kevin, hed be gone too

Kill'em all... I mean, sack both and get Maldonado (if PDVSA still has some serious money). And Alonso (for PDVSA money). Maldonado will do Grosjean job but better (man, this guy can crush and smash!). And Alonso will do Magnussen job but better (should bring more points with this car).
Venezuela's economy has collapsed completely, they dont even own pdvsa anymore, i think russia owns it when they defaulted on a loan, go watch an episode on it on 'visualpolitik' because its so fascinating

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back