GTR2 multiplayer events (maybe a league) in modern sim's era?

Hello everyone!

I just want to ask you about a few things in connection with GTR2 multiplayer.

So, first of all, I know this legendary game started 13 years ago, but in my oponion it's still amazing and really love it. (And also know, ther are a lot more sim with much more popularity and events etc).
But I thought what if the people who love this good old sim, or just want to relive memories and feelings, they could make a small community with multiplayer events? Or is there any community like this? (If there's, please notify me.)

I don't really know what about the lobby server(s), but maybe creating a local game and have the same version and mods etc could be a solution for manage the events.
Events could be quite variable, from endurance races to sprint races. I know there's Project Cars 1-2, with the weather and day-night cycle, but I don't really like the game itself. Iracing could be an option, but I can't afford it now (even with the reduced price membership). AC with the SRS mediated events is not bad, but there's no endurance races, a lot of events needs to have the dlc's. Open servers and their "players" who don't know what does it mean to break in T1 (and crash almost every driver)... Not a dream at all.

These are my reasons to write this post ,maybe someone could recommend something or has the same interest.

Soo,
If you're interested in and would like to bring back to life this game (which has a lot of mods btw), don't hesitate to reply.

Thank you for reading this article and reply!

Thank you both!

Shovas,
There's a host function yes, but as I don't have any acquaintances who play GTR2, I couldn't test how it works up to now. (And to be honest, I'm not the biggest expert in the field).

Gtr233,
Thanks for the thread and the alternatives written there! As far as I see in the other thread, I'm not the only one so I'll try the petition.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back