GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
hey guys, any update on the multiple controllers detection?
GTR2 supports limited amount of USB devices. My setup here - DD1/HE Ultimate/CSS v1.5/Fanatec Handbrake and it all works but the trick is to map only the steering and pedals as Joystick. The rest can be mapped as keyboard (for example, that's how I do CSS v1.5 and even some buttons on a steering wheel) using joy2key. Previous setup of CSW 2.5/CSP 3.0 worked well too. HTH

EDIT: someone mentioned that there's still problem where wrong device gets detected first, say, shifter (thus preventing pedals/wheel from being used in game). This might help:

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for this amazing patch! I'm truly enjoying the game.

But I found a bug, with the latest version. In all the 2003-2004 Porsche 911 GT3-R and GT3-RS, the interior and side mirrors doesn't work (you can see through the interior mirror, and inside the side mirrors). This seems to happen no matter what level of detail (I play with car details in Full).

First of all, thanks for this amazing patch! I'm truly enjoying the game.

But I found a bug, with the latest version. In all the 2003-2004 Porsche 911 GT3-R and GT3-RS, the interior and side mirrors doesn't work (you can see through the interior mirror, and inside the side mirrors). This seems to happen no matter what level of detail (I play with car details in Full).
I will check and tell you if I have the same bug, thanks for reporting issue :)

Edit: just tested and no such bug on my side so I think you have installed another mod which interfers with mirrors materials. Try a clean install and you will see mirrors work as on my screenshot.

Attachments

• GRAB_001.jpg
    GRAB_001.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I will check and tell you if I have the same bug, thanks for reporting issue :)

Edit: just tested and no such bug on my side so I think you have installed another mod which interfers with mirrors materials. Try a clean install and you will see mirrors work as on my screenshot.
Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with the Power & Glory mod. I made a clean install (GTR 2 + HQ Patch, no 2005 Season), and again, the same problem: no mirrors in any of the Porsche 996-R and 996-RS (HQ 2003-2004). Looking the files, inside the CAS, I found an error: no PORSCHE_996GT3RS_COCKPIT_MIRROR.gmt line in the Instance = Copckit. I found this by comparing the three CAS for the 996-R and 996-RS with the CAS for the 996-RSR (see the screenshots). After adding the missing line, it worked!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-10-12 144828.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-10-12 144828.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Captura de pantalla 2021-10-12 144855.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-10-12 144855.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 57
Indeed the bug is in "wiper off" optional files whereas I was looking in "wiper on", this is the reason why I missed it : thanks for reporting, bug is fixed for next 15.7.3 and added your name in readme ;)

I found another bug. The SALEEN_S7R_CPIT01.DDS, inside the HQSALEEN_S7R_CPIT.GTR, its only 128 x 64, when it should be 2048 x 1024. For now, I used the CPIT01.DDS of the 2005 Saleen S7R. This happened with the wipers animation off, but using the HQ cars and physics.

No it is not a mistake, original gtr2 cars use dedicated dds loose file into each car team folder (so the low res texture inside main CPIT.GTR file is not used, even if you put hq version inside main CPIT.GTR the default GTR2 cars will never use it because they need car number 04005 by example), whereas I built 2005 mod differently from SimBin to save space and so it uses unique dds for all cars (there is no dedicated cpit02.dds into car team folders).

Last edited:
No it is not a mistake, original gtr2 cars use dedicated dds loose file into each car team folder (so the low res texture inside main CPIT.GTR file is not used, even if you put hq version inside main CPIT.GTR the default GTR2 cars will never use it because they need car number 04005 by example), whereas I built 2005 mod differently from SimBin to save space and so it uses unique dds for all cars (there is no dedicated cpit02.dds into car team folders).
You're right, I didn't look the loose files. The problem is that the dasboard textures are blurry, but only in the HQ 2003-2004 Saleen S7R. Thats the reason I thought it was the low-res CPIT texture. I tried to open the loose CPIT files (just to verify, not editing), but GIMP fails, showing a message like the one in the screenshot (it's in spanish, sorry). Maybe this is causing the blurry dashboard texture.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-10-26 193609.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-10-26 193609.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 62
Exact, these dds are corrupted, it's fixed for next update, thanks for reporting :)

At the moment, either delete these saleen cpit01.dds or replace them with the 2005 one to fix blurry texture.

I found a little mistake. The Porsche 996 GT3-R/RS #160 (Ice Pol Racing Team) and #171 (Caradec) are listed as NGT, where they should be G2. Racing Sports Cars list them as G2 (see the screenshots). For my part, I just created a new category (HQ996RS_24) in the SIM_HQ_Singles gdb file, so they appear in-game as HQ P996 GT3-RS/R G2, and changed NG_HQ04 to G2_HQ04.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-11-08 170549.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-11-08 170549.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Captura de pantalla 2021-11-08 170635.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-11-08 170635.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 54
Big thanks for the update :) Going to try NAP AI fixes soon!

For folks who want to enable additional Motec pages. This car set is using Style1 layout, so to enable:
graphicsMotecEnableAdditionalDataPages = 1
graphicsMotecAdditionalDataPagesUnitsStyle = 1

Otherwise, they won't look as intended.

HOTFIX 15.8.1

CHANGELOG:

- fixed GTR2_SETUP.CMD file where some pages did not work in 15.8.0 because I have updated folders names
- set Porsche #160/#171 as G2 class instead of NGT (thanks to modeewy25 for reporting)
- updated legal screen version as 15.8.1

link removed because it is included in 15.8.2 now

Last edited:
thanks man, i installed the hotfix, but still in SETUP:CMD when i wanna change HUD it telles me files couldn´t be found, 0 files changed and HUD ingame doesstill not change. What have i done wrong? :)

thanks man, i installed the hotfix, but still in SETUP:CMD when i wanna change HUD it telles me files couldn´t be found, 0 files changed and HUD ingame doesstill not change. What have i done wrong? :)
it worked for me in english...but I have tested german and some other languages and, as you said, it doesn't work because I forgot to rename half of languages folders :(
So I will upload a new hotfix tomorrow, thanks for reporting issue ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.