GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
When I compare downloads from part1 and part2 I see that some people do not download part2 : this part2 is required if you want to add CrewChief compatibility (CrewChief will not work without part2) and features such as specific CrewChief wipers animations (part2 adds extra wiper animations DDS which cannot be added in part1 because of 500mo upload limit here at RD) with wiper toggle button. Same with PnG3 mod.
Besides, you don't need to enter GTR233_SETUP folder, it is only been made for the 8000 scripted lines in GTR2_SETUP.CMD : just double click on this cmd file to run it and type "s" key to skip options/pages you don't want to modify.

I found 2 small bugs:
HQ Viper CC doesn't work in showroom
There's a white texture under rear bumper of HQ 993 GT2
GRAB_000.jpg

I found 2 small bugs:
HQ Viper CC doesn't work in showroom
There's a white texture under rear bumper of HQ 993 GT2
View attachment 482295
Thanks for reporting bug my friend ;)

I have fixed mispelling expo floor in ViperCC CAS file.

But on my side I cannot reproduce 993gt white bar, as you can see on my screenshot it is black.
Could you tell me the options you set in order to try to reproduce this bug please ?

Attachments

• GRAB_002.jpg
    GRAB_002.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 73
Original GFX shaders, HQ red backfire, HQ v8 desert cube map (I don't remember which one), no wiper animations, front daylights enabled, HQ 2020 specialFX
From what I see it appears on both 993 porsches, and it's not visible in showroom

Edit:
I just noticed, Proton Porsche also doesn't have textures in the rear wing intakes

Last edited:
Well I really don't see these bugs on my side. Did you reduce world detail bias slider or lodmultiplier ? Or reduce LOD in PLR ? Your bug seems either a lod distance issue or a material conflict with other car/mod. Did you add any car mod ?
What is your AI car detail setting (low/med/high/full) ? Other than that I really don't see why you experience these bugs but not me??? I am stuck and I cannot propose a solution for your issue at the moment :(

First of all thank you for this mod, I have pretty much all known racing games installed on my computer, but lately I only want to play GTR2 with your mod + CrewChief VR, its just so much more fun.

One question: I noticed that I can drive almost as fast in the wet as in the dry, even without changing tyres. So I took a look at one of the HQ *.tyr files and found the below values:

[COMPOUND]
Name="Soft Compound"
FRONT: // Arguments:ALL,FRONT,REAR,LEFT,RIGHT,FRONTLEFT, FRONTRIGHT,REARLEFT,REARRIGHT
DryLatLong=(1.78, 1.81) // Lateral/longitudinal coefficients in dry weather
WetLatLong=(1.76, 1.78) // Lateral/longitudinal coefficients in wet weather

It looks like the tyre has almost the same grip in dry and wet conditions.

Comparing to one of the original *.tyr files:

[COMPOUND]
Name="Soft Compound"
FRONT: // Arguments:ALL,FRONT,REAR,LEFT,RIGHT,FRONTLEFT, FRONTRIGHT,REARLEFT,REARRIGHT
DryLatLong=(1.872, 1.909) // Lateral/longitudinal coefficients in dry weather
WetLatLong=(1.100, 1.100) // Lateral/longitudinal coefficients in wet weather

It looks like the original tyre definitions have much lower grip in the wet.

So my question is, can I simply change the above values in the *.tyr files if I want less grip in the rain, or will that mess up something else in the simulation?
Or is there an easier way to reduce the grip of the slick tyres in wet conditions?

I am asking because I am setting up races with changeable weather conditions, but the way the tyres work at the moment, it's actually better to stay out on dry tyres even though its raining, than to pit for wet weather tyres. So just to make it a bit more realistic, I would like to make it so that driving on slicks in the rain will not be too easy.

I did increase wet tyre grip for 2 reasons : many people asked me that many years ago at nogripracing forum (and this is my own taste too), and this is also a fix for AI not pit in or on contrary pit in just after 1 lap on some tracks.
Of course you can lower these values to get more challenge on wet or install hq patch part2 to get many other tyre sets to try (reborn, nap, original, etc...)

And don't forget hotfix :

Then double click on GTR2_SETUP.CMD :)

Last edited:
I did increase wet tyre grip for 2 reasons : many people asked me that many years ago at nogripracing forum (and this is my own taste too), and this is also a fix for AI not pit in or on contrary pit in just after 1 lap on some tracks.
I also noticed that sometimes the AI cars pile into the pit after lap one, but this seems to be related to an error in the weather.ini file created by Autosim Weather Generator.
The files created by Autosim Weather Generator have this format:

Weather { Race { Conditions=90.00 AmbientTemp=37.05 Minute=0.00 { Conditions=91.27 AmbientTemp=36.99 } } }

When I use the above weather.ini file, the AI cars all start on dry tires, even though it's raining, and at the end of lap one they all pit for rain tires.

This doesn't happen if I use the proper format for the weather.ini file. The below file has been edited so that it has the same format as the weather.ini file created by the game itself:

Weather { Race { Conditions=90.00 OnPathWetness=90.00 OffPathWetness=90.00 AmbientTemp=37.05 TrackTemp=43.75 Minute=1.00 { Conditions=91.27 AmbientTemp=36.99 } } }
Since this weather.ini file contains information about the track condition at the start, the AI cars start on the right tires, and they will not pit after lap one.

Using Weatherfile Generator for GTR2 2.3 will also give you a weather.ini file with the correct formatting.

I'm not sure how many people are actually interested in this topic, I just thought I'd share my findings with you ;)

Last edited:
I also noticed that sometimes the AI cars pile into the pit after lap one, but this seems to be related to an error in the weather.ini file created by Autosim Weather Generator.
The files created by Autosim Weather Generator have this format:

Weather { Race { Conditions=90.00 AmbientTemp=37.05 Minute=0.00 { Conditions=91.27 AmbientTemp=36.99 } } }

When I use the above weather.ini file, the AI cars all start on dry tires, even though it's raining, and at the end of lap one they all pit for rain tires.

This doesn't happen if I use the proper format for the weather.ini file. The below file has been edited so that it has the same format as the weather.ini file created by the game itself:

Weather { Race { Conditions=90.00 OnPathWetness=90.00 OffPathWetness=90.00 AmbientTemp=37.05 TrackTemp=43.75 Minute=1.00 { Conditions=91.27 AmbientTemp=36.99 } } }
Since this weather.ini file contains information about the track condition at the start, the AI cars start on the right tires, and they will not pit after lap one.

Using Weatherfile Generator for GTR2 2.3 will also give you a weather.ini file with the correct formatting.

I'm not sure how many people are actually interested in this topic, I just thought I'd share my findings with you ;)
Nice find about pathwetness lines ;)
Yes I noticed sometimes AI started/stayed on slick tyres in wet conditions with changing weather enabled and that's also one of the reason I increased wet grip for slick hq 2019/2020 tyres (but less grip as wet tyres of course) otherwise they are too slow or spin in some corners.

@sikjar, nice find indeed and I am very interested in this topic as variable weather is one of the GTR2 strenghts, so keep sharing your observations, please.

That said, I am not using generator, rather relying on the Changeable weather (so .ini is generated by the game itself), and yesterday one race got ruined, presumably because all AI started on dry and entered pits to change after lap 1 (race started in rain). I think that would be a nice fix to implement in the plugin - forcing them to start on wets if it is raining.

Edit: just noticed something interesting - the mod I mentioned to not select wet tires does not select them for Player either! (with auto select on). Which hints that it is either track or specific mod car bug.
Edit2: turns out it is some problem with tire files. Switched mod to other tires, now autoselect works fine, not checked if it helps AI yet.

Last edited:
Firstly, this is a great mod and clearly a lot of work. Thank you
I notice there are lines in the various GDB files for the HQTracks that are as below.
SettingsFolder = HQConfig
SettingsCopy = HQGrip.svm
SettingsAI = HQAI.svm

I believe this means...
SettingsFolder = HQConfig //This is the folder where the game looks for setups by default.
SettingsCopy = HQGrip.svm //Defines the setup loaded as default for the player.
SettingsAI = HQAI.svm //Defines the steup to be used by the AI.

I cannot however find either HQGrip.svm or HQAI.svm included in the mod so I was wondering if you might be able to post these files.

I am especially interested to see what effect this might have on the AI as I know a good setup file does make a difference and they are already pretty good.

Thank you again for contributing so much to keep GTR2 alive.

I have never made these files, you need to make your own svm.
Personally I disabled svm because I like to change physics quite often to not play the same game everytime and it would be a huge workload to make svm files for all the tracks and all the different physics available in option (vanilla/reborn/nap/etc...). Moreover a setup is something very personal as what somebody likes may not please everybody.

I repeat that because too many people don't read install.txt within archive and don't download part2 :D

BECAUSE I AM FED UP TO READ NOOBS POSTS ON OTHER FORUMS WHICH SAY THAT HQ PATCH DOESN'T WORK WITH CREWCHIEF : IF I DOWNLOAD A MOD SOMEWHERE WHICH IS TAGGED PART 1 THEN I SEARCH AT LEAST TO DOWNLOAD PART 2... there is a minimum of logic :confused: :O_o::cautious::alien::whistling:

I LET GTR2.EXE NOCD BY DEFAULT BECAUSE THIS IS THE CASE IN POWER&GLORY MOD TOO AND LESS CONFUSING. IF YOU WANT TO RUN CREWCHIEF AFTER HQ PATCH OR POWER&GLORY INSTALL THEN YOU MUST EITHER USE MUCHO CREWCHIEF FOR NOCD (but unofficial so some CC features will not work) OR INSTALL GTR2 DIGITAL EXE WITH GTR2_SETUP.CMD to make official CrewChief work with all features.

Last edited:
I have never made these files, you need to make your own svm.
Personally I disabled svm because I like to change physics quite often to not play the same game everytime and it would be a huge workload to make svm files for all the tracks and all the different physics available in option (vanilla/reborn/nap/etc...). Moreover a setup is something very personal as what somebody likes may not please everybody.
Thank you for responding to this one. I totally understand what you say. Looking fwd to the next release also. I always download both parts :)

Hello, I have just installed the HQ patches and the hotfix. When I enabled the Diablo 3 Antialiasing compatibility mode in the Nvidia profile inspector, it made the in-game image somewhat "wobbly" or "shaky". Particularly noticeable in the menus. So i turned the Nvidia profile inspector settings back to default which seems to have fixed the issue. I have enabled DSR x4 though, which I never knew about before, so cheers for that.

Is this something you've heard of happening before, or is this something unique to me?

Thanks for all your amazing work.

@Stuntman Daz You can try the AA settings here and the reshade preset to even improve the visuals more for GTR2. The compability bit is then 0x00400000 which also will work with reshade and SGSSAA. It might fix the wobby/shaky effect you mentioned?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea