XD Plugin

Hi,
i am still enjoying gtr2, however the xd tool is not working. I have downloaded the newest version and installed everything, settings as usual, changed the gtr2mapini, updatet DirctX but it never seems to work. I also installed the game completely new. Anybody ideas on how to get this running?
thanks in regard

if you have HQ Anniversary Patch installed then run GTR2_SETUP.CMD (double mouse click on it) then :
-page 5 type 1
-page 6 type 1 for xd or type 3 for xd+map
- type X to exit (or just close the setup window) then run GTR2

Attachments

• GTR2_SETUP_page5.jpg
    GTR2_SETUP_page5.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 116
  • GTR2_SETUP_page6.jpg
    GTR2_SETUP_page6.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 108
  • GRAB_001.jpg
    GRAB_001.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 102
thanks, 1 year ago i ran gtr2 with HQ Anniversary Patch and XD Tool worked. I tried to launch it a few days ago and it didn´t work.
I have tried everything since then, re-installed the game etc but it never seems to work, i use the newest version gtr2mapplaugin+xdGTR2Mappluging+xd

Last edited:
it worked! Thanks so much, i installed on configured the newest H! Anniv Patch, on page 6 i chose 3 but had failure due to lack of NO CD patch, installed NO CD patch but still the same error. Howver, map xd and xd is working now, great!

I have a question regarding to the HUDs in HQ Anniversary...when i try to change them in the CONFIG:CMP i get an error, can not load files and the HUD ingame also never changes (i think it is the default one). Are there files missing?

thanks man, i installed the hotfix, but still in SETUP:CMD when i wanna change HUD it telles me files couldn´t be found, 0 files changed and HUD ingame doesstill not change. What have i done wrong?

you made me doubt so I did a test and it works as it should on my pc with a new clean gtr2 + hq patch 15.8.0 part1 + part2 + hotfix 15.8.1.

Maybe you did not extract archives at the right place : check that you have all that inside your GTR2 install at the same place
_GTR233_SETUP
_GTR233_SETUP_CONFIG
_OPTIONS_
GTR2.EXE
GTR2_SETUP.CMD

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 51
if it still doesn't work then delete both _GTR233_SETUP + _GTR233_SETUP_CONFIG then re-extract my 3 archives again like that :
- extract hq patch 15.8.0 part1 : windows popup window will ask you to overwrite folder so tick box "apply to all" and click "yes". Few seconds later windows will ask you the same question to overwrite files so do the same, tick box to "apply to all" then click yes.
- do the same at same place for hq patch 15.8.0 part2
- do the same with hotfix 15.8.1
- retry GTR2_SETUP.CMD

If it is still not working then maybe you installed gtr2 on system drive (C\) ? In this case you must give administrator rights to GTR2_SETUP.CMD with right mouse click then left mouse click on "Run as Administrator" to allow setup to delete/ copy / paste files on system partition.

what is your windows version ?
on which drive/path did you install GTR2 ?

Personally I installed it in d:\programs\gtr2 whereas my windows system partition is in c:\windows ; this way I don't need to give administrator rights to GTR2_SETUP.CMD

Last edited:
i have gtr2 on drive E:\, so i did as you reccomendend and opended the setup.cmd as adminstrator. nothing changed.
i reinstalled the HQ Anniversary and the hotpatch too (after deleting the two files). Now the setup.cmd isn´t accepting most of the setup changes and can not find the needed files. very strange

so, currently the HUD is still not changeable, however the files are there, but in setup.comg it shows error, no matter if i try to change setup as admin or not.
Now also i can not change the intro film option all of a sudden (after reinstall the HQ Anniversary mod), but this worked before

this still doesn´t work unfortunately. is there a way to change the hud manually in .plr?
there is error message, 0 files found under point II when trying to choose HUD styles in setup.cmd

the recommend steps above were done already

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-26 113952.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-26 113952.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
gtr2 setup requires a new clean install, indeed you will have issues if you overwrite an existing hq patch install.
I have fixed german (and few other lang) hud bug in last hq patch v15.8.2 (with new clean install) but the bug was there in v15.8.1 and all previous of course.
Last but not least, you must match version number between part1 and part2 : both are 15.8.2 at the moment.

Attachments

• german1.jpg
    german1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 47
  • german2.jpg
    german2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Now HUD´s are working for german language, finally, thank you so much!

A few other questions that i hope can be answered here:

1. I have no side mirrors, they are deactivated, how can you turn them on?

2: You mention the AA setting in the README by using the radeonmod
"set Antialiasing compatibility to Diablo III and select "replace/override application setting" for AA mode".

I have a Radeon gpu but i have no understanding of how to use that tool, leave it alone?

3. In Motec, the track graphics for hockenheimring is not correct, it is just a circle (Screenshot 1). Any way to change that?

4. on every second start of the game wheneevr i wanna start to drive from the grid, nothing is reacting (throttle, steering etc) and the mapplugin is missing. When i just go back to the box and then drive again everything works again. Is that a kind of a bug?

5. Going from gtr2 fullscreen game to windows doesn´t work. you can´t go back to the game, it will not react anymore, this only works in window mode for gtr2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-26 152055.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-26 152055.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Answers for what I know:
1. If side mirrors are unactivated, central car mirror is surely also unactivated
Or you have the virtual mirror active, then simply change the option to Real Mirrors
Or all mirrors are unactivated ... on track press key 1 and with it you can toggle them On-Off

5. Using windowed mode without borders is the best solution to avoid this problem
CrewChief has now this setting possible

1. As jempy said, in menu you can disable mirrors or set real cockpit mirrors or virtual mirrors

2. I own a nvidia and diabloiii profiles matches gtr2 perfectly that is why it it is recommended but I do not know for amd gpu honestly : just ignore if your graphics are ok.

3. I will check hockenheim, you may have discovered a bug : did you run at least 2 full laps ?

4. I do not understand your issue : which cars and which track give that bug ?

which physics did you set page 37/38 ?

Last edited:
thanks guys for reply.

1. it is ok i have figured it out. it was set to "virtual mirrors", if you put real mirrors it changes. Easy solution, my bad :)

2. Alright, i just leave it alone. Graphics seem to work just fine.

3. Yes of cours, multiple laps, different cars, sessions etc. Other racetracks works, not sure if more racetracks have that bug.

4. no more input right now, don´t know what happened, i haven´t changed anything. I have no steering input, no gas, brakes etc, not even in control menu..?! wtf?? i restarted the game couple times but no change whatsoever

setup on page 37/38 is the default setup that is suggested!

edit to 4.
restarted pc, everything works again..strange :-/

Last edited:
6. Is there any tool which can display car and engine specs? i know cars have a ".eng" file in teams folder. You can open those with editor and figure out some of the specs.
There is a tool called RaceManager from SimUtils, but i couldn´t get it to work for that.
Is there any other tool?
I think that data/specs can be useful for car setups.

7. Any guide on how to use datalogging (motec) to set up damper values and get a basic understanding on how to set them up?

Questions never end, sorry. This game is complex .-D

in _options_\a-readme you have the engineer handbook pdf which explains all physics for newbies.

And in Gtr2\motec there is also a pdf which explains Spad sheet.

I have tested hq hockenheim with 2 different cars : 2 full laps and track layout is normal on my side. Do you recall which car gave you a round circle ? It may happen with 3rd party mods with exotic physics or maybe a bad setting in your PLR file ???

Attachments

• hqHockenheimMotec.jpg
    hqHockenheimMotec.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements