While I suppose given the new and untried development team, updates could be useful to keep people believing, I doubt there is really much they could show at this stage that they didn't earlier. I am from the era where games were developed out of the public eye and pre-release publicity only started 6 months or so from release. ISI seem to have adopted the traditional approach and we still know nothing about their new title except its not rF3.

@Boby Kim It is not being developed by Sector 3, but by SimBin.
RD: Will Sector3 and Simbin utilize shared resources across the both GTR3 and RaceRoom?

CS: We will certainly try, we have our stuff we need to do with RaceRoom and Allan has his stuff he needs to do with Simbin. Of course people like Anthony with the sounds will be a shared resource and if anything we can support Allan with in terms of physics and car handling we will look to do that if we can, but there isn't much else we can offer as our resources are tight and obviously Allan probably has much more of a chance to get someone in to do these things. Just like sharing assets, we'll try to share resources where practical.

RD: So you state that GTR3 will share some resources and assets with RaceRoom Racing Experience and Sector3 Studios, doe's this then mean that the physics engine in GTR3 will essentially be an upgraded RRE?

CS
: I can say that we will be taking the best working elements from the physics system of R3E and upgrading them in the new physics engine for GTR3.

Last edited:
@Boby Kim Yes, like I said, it is being developed by SimBin. Not sure why you had to point it out by quoting that interview, but thanks for the effort.
Simbin is just a brandname, while its being developped by Sector 3. They use the brandname Simbin from a commercial point of view which works (look at the hype). In the background its sector 3 with raceroom experience who develop. So you are wrong saying Simbin develops gtr3.

Last edited:
It's a "brand name" of a different company with a different team in a different country that will share some resources and assets.

(But I'll stop now, because this is getting really silly.)

It's a "brand name" of a different company with a different team in a different country that will share some resources and assets.

(But I'll stop now, because this is getting really silly.)
Silly from your point of view? Chris Speed is Sector3 dude. Sharing some resources means that they will adopt the complete GTR3 field from R3E including tracks and all code they can which is all developed by sector 3. Create a day / night cycle, call it gtr3 and tadaa...everybody happy. I'll even guess the tracks will be spammed with KW suspension advertisement.

Sharing some resources means that they will adopt the complete GTR3 field from R3E including tracks and all code they can which is all developed by sector 3.

Clearly you know more than the people actually working on the game...

Look guys, we got ourselves an insider! :rolleyes:

Anyways, Im still waiting for your trolling to actually be entertaining mate. C'mon now.

It may have been mentionned here, in terms of news around Simbin Studios UK, I saw this from October 24:
https://www.punchtechnology.co.uk/punch_technology_simbin_custom_gaming_pc/#Race

It would seem they just started having computers to work with. We learn that they have stuff to compile.

Also, on Simbin.com, they still have job offers (they look the exact same that were on Simbin.se back even before Simbin went bankrupt in 2014). I'm even wondering if these job adq were not there even before, back to the Lizard Engine era.

If this will really replicate the Blancpain GT, i am hoping for a complete realistic calendar including realistic real time weather and light transition for every race and the possibility to save mid-race. I'd love to do a 24h Spa race including everything that comes with it (including engine and technical failures) in 15 steps or so, because i have rarely more then 1 or 2 hours time. Something like that would be truly amazing and a must-buy for me

If this will really replicate the Blancpain GT, i am hoping for a complete realistic calendar including realistic real time weather and light transition for every race and the possibility to save mid-race. I'd love to do a 24h Spa race including everything that comes with it (including engine and technical failures) in 15 steps or so, because i have rarely more then 1 or 2 hours time. Something like that would be truly amazing and a must-buy for me
You mean something like we had in GTR 1 and 2 (Apart from Blancpain)?

Peeps say there is no difference between a console game and a PC. Other peeps swear by PC only games (me). How about u? Is it a good thing S3...ehm Simbin, is releasing the game on both platforms?

You mean something like we had in GTR 1 and 2 (Apart from Blancpain)?
Unfortunately i never played the old GTR games because i am only into simracing for a few years. But if the old GTR games already had 24h races with the possibility to save several times during the race, kudos to them. Even higher possibility that we get the same in GTR 3.
But this would be already enough to persuade me to buy the title - alongside a good AI naturally, but after R3E having the best one in simracing for me, i have faith.

Unfortunately i never played the old GTR games because i am only into simracing for a few years. But if the old GTR games already had 24h races with the possibility to save several times during the race, kudos to them. Even higher possibility that we get the same in GTR 3.
But this would be already enough to persuade me to buy the title - alongside a good AI naturally, but after R3E having the best one in simracing for me, i have faith.

It's still worth picking GTR2 up I reckon, it can be bought very cheap (sometimes it's even on sale) and doesn't actually look too shabby with HQ graphic mods installed.

I originally got it for the Driving School.

It's still worth picking GTR2 up I reckon, it can be bought very cheap (sometimes it's even on sale) and doesn't actually look too shabby with HQ graphic mods installed.

Tbh since i own the Rift i only play Rift-ready sims...tried to go back to 2D racing a few times, but stopped after 10 minutes or so everytime, there is just no going back. If there would be a VR mod for GTR2 (like for example for RBR) i would get it instantly

I recommend the 10th Anniversary Mod Patch which is all anyone ever needs when it comes to patching GTR2. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 48 54.5%