I recommend the 10th Anniversary Mod Patch which is all anyone ever needs when it comes to patching GTR2. :thumbsup:

Haven't tried that, only just heard about it the other day. I assume that's best applied to a clean install of GTR2?

Does it also replace the missing Ferrari and Porsche skins or do you need to do that separately?

Haven't tried that, only just heard about it the other day. I assume that's best applied to a clean install of GTR2?

Does it also replace the missing Ferrari and Porsche skins or do you need to do that separately?
Yes, apply to new install, steam or disc version. And yes it does give you all the missing bits.;):thumbsup: A one stop solution. Different physics too depending on the car sets chosen in the main car select menu. It also has many many other good bits. A brilliant patch and I am ever so grateful to the guys that did it all.

Yes, apply to new install, steam or disc version. And yes it does give you all the missing bits.;):thumbsup: A one stop solution. Different physics too depending on the car sets chosen in the main car select menu. It also has many many other good bits. A brilliant patch and I am ever so grateful to the guys that did it all.

Great, installing it now. Regarding the different physics, should I stick to the stock physics for the Driving School exercises? Still working my way through these.

Am also interested in the Power and the Glory Mod - is that also best done as a separate, clean install?

hmm been reading and looking in to that patch Andy, specifically the AI mods. Are they really better than Rre they at least overtake in a draft and have defensive lines.? Not like old ISI motor ai.

hmm been reading and looking in to that patch Andy, specifically the AI mods. Are they really better than Rre they at least overtake in a draft and have defensive lines.? Not like old ISI motor ai.
Yes they are better. Just try having a few AI races. It costs nothing to test yourself.

Great, installing it now. Regarding the different physics, should I stick to the stock physics for the Driving School exercises? Still working my way through these.

Am also interested in the Power and the Glory Mod - is that also best done as a separate, clean install?
Not sure you have the choice for the driving school. P&G I have separate install for it.:thumbsup:

Thanks, got it working, though some things (e.g. driver's gloves) don't seem as high resolution as my original install, which had some mods applied. I'm also not convinced it's taking my Nvidia profile Inspector Anti-Aliasing settings, as can see some jaggies on the cars

Thanks, got it working, though some things (e.g. driver's gloves) don't seem as high resolution as my original install, which had some mods applied. I'm also not convinced it's taking my Nvidia profile Inspector Anti-Aliasing settings, as can see some jaggies on the cars

My game looks better than it ever did. I don't have steering wheel and hands on so I can't tell you about that.

There are some tips here, which seem to suggest you may have to run GTR2 in Windowed mode to get Nvidia Profile Inspector settings to work with this game (though I don't have this problem with Raceroom or Auromobilista). Will try that and see if it helps

My game looks better than it ever did. I don't have steering wheel and hands on so I can't tell you about that.

All sorted now, just tinkered with some of the settings - the cars now look great, no jaggies! :)

The gloves textures still don't look as good as my other install, but that's probably just due to the Mod I was using. Everything else looks great now, though.

wow just tried the demo still lingering about,, this sim still has it ffb physics, all those adjustable options.. Really modern sims cant do this yeah?! even the ai still is good..

i doubt even with the patch that the AI do a defensive block like some modern sims!
You can doubt many things but you will never know if you don't own the game. Pointless comment from you. And what modern sims have AI that do a defensive block? I only know RF2. I own every single race sim ever released on the PC platform so that's why I have my opinion.

I tried to do a screen shot of how nice the cars now look for me in GTR2, but hitting the usual Windows Key+ Print Screen combo doesn't seem to do anything. Any tips?

I tried to do a screen shot of how nice the cars now look for me in GTR2, but hitting the usual Windows Key+ Print Screen combo doesn't seem to do anything. Any tips?

I use Steam F12 but that's because I installed my steam version (even though I own the original) that I purchased for £2.59 a while back. If you add your game through steam you can use the steam screenshot function.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 50 54.9%