Sorry...i forgot those:redface:. Sure they are dedicated simracing games:thumbsup::thumbsup:

No worries! I hope GTR3 combines all the positive elements of those games and adds ovals. Anyone know if SimBin has ever produced oval tracks? I can't recall any on the console, which was basically just Race Pro. I don't recall this being a point of emphasis in the interview.

No worries! I hope GTR3 combines all the positive elements of those games and adds ovals. Anyone know if SimBin has ever produced oval tracks? I can't recall any on the console, which was basically just Race Pro. I don't recall this being a point of emphasis in the interview.
ovals and gt3, yeah right, makes perfect sense

ovals and gt3, yeah right, makes perfect sense
There's nothing saying GTR3 will license a GT3 Series at the moment, even if they do license a GT3 series, they could do an oval series as DLC at a later date.
Plenty of scope for what they could do and nothing confirmed at this point.

Maybe @Speedo_83 could shed a little light on where the focus may be?

Reactions: Rob
Probably not very popular but I'd like to see GTR3 built from the ground up in DX12.

Would potentially reduce driver overhead and allow for more complex additions to the AI, physics and graphics, as well as allow for options such as multi-GPU support and multi threaded processes.
I understand it's "mostly" backwards compatible with DX11 too so an option could be put in place to disable aspects not compatible with DX11 for users with older hardware/software.

I must admit I'm puzzled why anyone familiar with the GTR franchise might think of oval racing. Maybe in RaceRoom?

But I'm also surprised no one has picked up on these points

We want to make the tech as shareable as we possibly can. I know at some point you have to branch it off and make it bespoke to the client, but we plan to have a shareable code base that we can pretty much tailor to any racing game, be it Formula One, GTL, WRC etc

A hint that Simbin and Tiny Feet might work together on GTL2?

RD: So would you be looking to expand GTR3 over time with DLC?
CS: Yeah I think so and that is the plan moving forward. Whether that is adding more of the same license, historic cars in that series ...

Could we see the return of the 2003/2004 FIA GT seasons?

If they don't include ovals, they cut out a massive chunk of the racing community and risk SMS trumping them. Of course, they can get their accountants to downgrade their sales forecasts. Seems to me like they were aiming for the opposite in the interview.

But I'm also surprised no one has picked up on these points

A hint that Simbin and Tiny Feet might work together on GTL2?

Could we see the return of the 2003/2004 FIA GT seasons?

RD: Jumping now to the new SimBin team for a moment, will you be making other former back catalogue games after GTR3?

CS: Everything is open for consideration. GTL, a new Race game or something from the multitude of IPs in the back catalogue really. It just boils down to getting GTR3 done, then we need to access what's next.

AS: They could be updates or something, but what our focus is now is getting the technology up and running to the level that we want, and then everything else will just come together.

RD: We recently heard the news that the proposed GTL title from Tiny Feet Studios has been suspended for various reasons. Could we see the possibility of Simbin / Sector3 stepping in to bring that game back to life, or re taking the rights to the name and doing it yourselves?

CS: Never say never…..just as I said earlier (Laughs)

How about wippers like it was in Race07? if GTR3 has rain i think would be logical to have wippers in the cars that we can manualy operate.
GTR2 had rain but no wippers, anyway there was no need really for that as the rain was light on the windscreen.
i hope we will have possibility to taylor the intensity of rain, this would be great ;)

Another feature I would love to see is one that was in F199-02. Race result is final after x many laps. So if you are doing a championship and you bin it on lap 4 and you have set cut off at lap 3, tuff luck!

What I'd like to see is a way to look at the vehicle conditions (tire temps/ engine temp/ etc.) AFTER the race. THis way one could determine what may have 'gone away'

With over 500 tracks on my PC (for GTR2), would it be possible to convert these tracks over to GTR3?

Fastjeff
Absolutely not. Different graphics engine for a start. Also, would you want old tech created circuits in a new game? I think the devs stated that GTR3 will not allow any modding except for liveries. RRE doesn't have any modding either, not even liveries.

I would like the idea for modders to able to present a track or livery to Simbin and if it passes all criteria it can be added as a pack in certain circumstances.. The modders of today could well be the developers of tomorrow... They have to be allowed to home their skills in my eyes..

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.