Wow. Can't remember the last time so many were this excited on the PC side. Xbox users have been spoiled indeed, but still lack the title that can bring it all together (Assetto's physics, DiRT's graphics/physics, pCARS' content/weather) and this sounds like it might be the one. The wait will kill me.

I don't get what some people moan about those screens like they look at the final game. I think those screens are just made to show some capabilities the unreal engine has. And compared to R3E, that has quite stunning graphics for a DX9 title, it's a lot. If this graphics engine could deliver these kind of 3D details (4th screen), lighting, weather effects ... together with a R3E physics engine, an advanced FFB system etc. on a resonable PC configuration (at least it must fit the consoles hardware that is even with the 2nd next gen types far away from what modern PC systems could handle) in >2k resolutions with >60 FPS I would be more than happy :geek:

Im not worried if the guy cant read properly and makes up his own version of events. :)

Quote from Chris Speed:

I think another point we need to take note of is, whilst the PC community would love this hardcore simulation thing which is fine, as Allan said there is a console community that aren't going to fully adhere to that. The product at the end of the day needs to appeal to both sides, hardcore racer as well as the casual gamer. A game that does that really really well is Formula One.

Just like the original GTR.

GTR.jpg

• Deleted member 113561

Keep in mind that you are looking at very early stage images of a proof of concept build. A lot of changes/improvements/polish will happen over the course of the year.

But i think we all agree that the potential is there, and our artists are known for delivering top notch cars and tracks.

Combine that with simbin/sector3 physics, ffb and sound quality and i think we can look forward to something really special.
lol - GTR3 will fail then

I mean why the hell do you even announce it then? Provide only "proof of concept build" pictures?
Seems like youre years away from a real GTR3 release

BTW Sector 3 has pretty much nothing to do with the original development crew of GTR2 - thats Slightly Mad Studios which is working on PCARS 2 atm, a game much more successful than whatever Sector 3 / Simbin has released since GTR2
Its a shame you abuse that name for R3E 2.0

BTW Sector 3 has pretty much nothing to do with the original development crew of GTR2 - thats Slightly Mad Studios which is working on PCARS 2 atm, a game much more successful than whatever Sector 3 / Simbin has released since GTR2

Yes, that is the latest viral mantra of PC2 marketing.

Quote from Chris Speed:

I think another point we need to take note of is, whilst the PC community would love this hardcore simulation thing which is fine, as Allan said there is a console community that aren't going to fully adhere to that. The product at the end of the day needs to appeal to both sides, hardcore racer as well as the casual gamer. A game that does that really really well is Formula One.

Another quote from Chris Speed, part of the as yet unpublished interview:

"RD: Do you think it would be fair to say then that GTR3 will have advanced physics, with assists that can be turned on or off to support a more casual gamer? So if someone wanted to turn everything off they can have, for example, an rFactor 2 type experience?

CS: Yes it has to be that. Definitely
"
I will reiterate it again here for those who are curious. Chris, Allan and I spoke at length about the "simulation" aspects of GTR3, some of which will be in the interview, some of which will not. Personally I am very much for the hard core side of things, I want a race sim to be as real as is humanly possible and get as close to the real deal as can be done. After talking with the guys, and airing my initial concern about appealing to both sides of the coin, I have left the conversation more than satisfied that if one was to want a super serious super simulation sim experience, then with the appropriate options enabled / disabled or whatever in the game then that experience will be there for you to enjoy.

I admit the reference to F1 2016 was a touch unfortunate, and some sections of the community have run with that and made it out to be more that it actually was (remember I was there so I know what I'm taking about and what I heard!). From what I've been told I am left in no doubt that GTR3 will have the sim stuff the sim guys all want, and the ability to select options to allow those not looking for such a brutal sim experience.

Having to go on console and cater for the different kinds of driving audience are just a fact of modern game development these days - assuming you actually want to make any money anyway :roflmao:

They guys know what GTR2 was, and know what it means to everyone in sim racing (or if they didn't after reading the comments sections here they sure do now!). I really do feel its in safe hands and personally at least I'm confident it will deliver the experience I want.

lol - GTR3 will fail then

I mean why the hell do you even announce it then? Provide only "proof of concept build" pictures?
Seems like youre years away from a real GTR3 release

Seems a little uncalled for, SMS aren't paying you are they? ;)
I jest of course.

It's marketing, creates interest and helps SimBin gather data on interest etc, it's also an opportunity for the larger sim forums to provide feedback for what they would like to see in the sim, at this early stage it's much easier for a developer to see what people really want and implement it compared to, say, updating the game after release or launching the game and then wishing they had implemented it when they had the chance.

pCars, yeah, it's plain for all to see that it's more successful than any thing from Sector3 but from my own opinion (owning both games and all content), it's not as good in a lot of ways.

Not entirely sure what the problem would be with an R3E 2.0, pCars beating graphics with physics and features built from the ground up the way Sector3 actually want them? Yes please, all day long.

• Deleted member 113561

Yes I'm payed by SMS

I drive a pure golden Ferrari La Ferrari - its the only one in pure gold
The steering wheel is purely made out of diamonds

Not entirely sure what the problem would be with an R3E 2.0, pCars beating graphics with physics and features built from the ground up the way Sector3 actually want them? Yes please, all day long.
Speculations, sofar we have seen "proof of concept" pics and nothing else.

People just get hyped at the word GTR3, even GTR2 and GT Legends have been built by SMS.

Edit: Removed GTR

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 113561

your only as good as your last gig ...... or two
sms
nfs
pcars
do we need to say any more ; two full concepts that lack any proof except marketing /paying schills/buying websites works

Andi
Same goes for Simbin ... ooops they went bankrupt (or smthing like that) ... I mean Sector 3

I don't know why people get hyped by those pictures at all tbh. There is no doubt that UE4 is a very robust engine that offers great dynamic lightning but those pictures are actually pretty far away from pCars and from what is possible with UE4. Missing car shadows, everything is blurry and wierdly saturated that it looks more like a comic graphics game than sim with some realistic and nicely balanced graphics. Sometimes less is more I think. Why are game devs making everything so goddamn blury, when you have artists creating those nice assets and tracks and their work doesn't get shown?

Regarding physics and graphics and that you can't have both. I am still waiting for a sim that does both very good, but so far all current sims have a tradeoff somewhere. I think we still got to wait a few more years until we can let that argument rest. :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 111 88.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.6%