• Deleted member 113561

and sector 3 game is far better in ffb and physics than pcars

Andi
Dream on
Base FFB is maybe better - but tweaked FFB PCARS is far superior

Physics PCARS >>> R3E ... but only an uninformed person would claim the otherway around

Now getting popcorn and waiting until the PCARS Haters are posting here ....

And yes GT Legend and GTR 2 were built by SMS under license of Simbin .. this is recorded like that ... Simbin tried to sue SMS and claim that Simbin did build all these games - but they failed really hard

Postedit: GTR removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream on
Base FFB is maybe better - but tweaked FFB PCARS is far superior

Physics PCARS >>> R3E ... but only an uninformed person would claim the otherway around
It's each to their own really, I don't get along very well with the physics and FFB in pCars, despite many hours spent trying, but, love the physics and FFB in R3E.

Why do you think GTR, GTR2 and GT Legends were made by slightly mad though? GT Legends was 2005, GTR was 2005 and GTR2 was 2006, SMS wasn't founded until 2008?
I get that a lot of the staff from both SMS and S3S were involved in making those games but neither company were solely responsible for it.

Wonder if anyone can say if this is the "not rF3" ISI said they would work on, are they involved on it?
It's highly unlikely, chances are the physics engine will also be UE4. Have to wait for more official info on that though, can't see either being a bad way to go. :)

Does UE4 support car physic? I mean the amount of workarounds to make it work could be huge and end up in super broken setup exploits
I don't see why not, from what I hear it's a very easy engine to work with on all fronts, still nothing's better than hearing something official about it and hopefully that won't be too far off.

I am not hundred percent sure, but I think you can hook up any physics engine in UE4. Sure you can use the stock physics but afaik it is pretty difficult to create vehicles, especialy for a racing simulation. The guys who create the game Squad, needed a pretty long time to get their vehicles working.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Will be interesting to see the approach from Simbin in that regard for sure.

I am not hundred percent sure, but I think you can hook up any physics engine in UE4. Sure you can use the stock physics but afaik it is pretty difficult to create vehicles, especialy for a racing simulation. The guys who create the game Squad, needed a pretty long time to get their vehicles working.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Will be interesting to see the approach from Simbin in that regard for sure.
Yep, that's exactly what I heard too, it's not a physic engine that can easily be used for car simulation, let alone do a proper simulation of all the dynamics of a race car.
My question was just due to ISI "not rF3" mention they did a few months ago. Plus considering what they did in rF2 they probably know how to, starting from isi2.0, acheive all that again faster and better than what they did before (we all know how to make something for the second time better than the first one), hiring them would be a no brainer, just connecting the dots.

• Deleted member 113561

It's each to their own really, I don't get along very well with the physics and FFB in pCars, despite many hours spent trying, but, love the physics and FFB in R3E.

Why do you think GTR, GTR2 and GT Legends were made by slightly mad though? GT Legends was 2005, GTR was 2005 and GTR2 was 2006, SMS wasn't founded until 2008?
I get that a lot of the staff from both SMS and S3S were involved in making those games but neither company were solely responsible for it.

It's highly unlikely, chances are the physics engine will also be UE4. Have to wait for more official info on that though, can't see either being a bad way to go. :)
read this: we_don't_trust_them . net /2017/02/04/gtr2-as-a-bargaining-tool/

and still you don't believe:
http://www.virtualr.net/simbin-studios-to-shut-down#comment-1522847073

Correction: AFair now its "only" GT Legends and GTR 2

What?
No it isn't, they are all Simbin titles with GTR2 being developed "Under license" by Blimey! Games, for Simbin, at what point do any of them become games developed by Slightly Mad Studios?

Regardless of whatever our little thread hijack has turned into, your entitled to your own opinion and I respect that but, just because you prefer one Sim over another, or one that hasn't even been released yet, doesn't mean you should come and be a troll about it, if it's crap when it's released, you can come back and troll about it then, hell, I'll even join you :D

• Deleted member 130869

I'm thinking Alonso obliterating that corner marker on the first corner at Indianapolis over a decade ago. It would be cool to have such detail. Or even the CGI for Formula 1 CE 2006 being a real-time thing.

If they really leverage the real-time PBR shaders, the game will look bloody phenomenal. The stuff that can be done in UE4 is bananas.

Of course, I can only hope that the game plays as well as it looks. Sadly didn't enjoy R3E all that much without a proper race wheel, and just couldn't get my pad set up right. :( I do remember trying the DTM content, though I found that the car swerved side-to-side on the Nürburgring for some reason, but I think they would've fixed all that since then.

read this: poop race cars . net /2017/02/04/gtr2-as-a-bargaining-tool/

and still you don't believe:
http://www.virtualr.net/simbin-studios-to-shut-down#comment-1522847073

Stop making stuff up man. (ps, your first link does not work) :rolleyes: SMS did not make them. Some of the staff may have been involved but thankfully some of those have moved on.
Just to add that I am not a Pcars "hater" what ever that is in the world of childish internet talk. I like Pcars for what it is.

The court also made stuff up?
Did the court say SMS did make them? Or Blimey Games? I don't know for sure. It is confusing. What I do know for sure is that the real talent could not have gone with SMS but stayed to form Sector 3 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Guys. It does not matter. Many companies now are not the same staff as ten years ago.

GTR name is legally owned by this Simbin UK company and they're attempting to make a sequel to GTR2. Clearly there are links to Sector3 and Raceroom and that's as much as we have to go off. That's all that matters at the moment.

To to add something on topic; if the game is Raceroom with packaged content, offline capability, a few improvements and a NW graphics engine then I'm interested. Sure, the previews look a bit 'showy', but I look forward to seeing and hearing more.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.