Look's great! But I'm a little confused :cautious:
So the engine is up & running with actual cars running at circuits?
I thought the other pictures were just concept art?
If these are of what's to come, oh boy! :inlove:

Keep in mind that you are looking at very early stage images of a proof of concept build. A lot of changes/improvements/polish will happen over the course of the year.

But i think we all agree that the potential is there, and our artists are known for delivering top notch cars and tracks.

Combine that with simbin/sector3 physics, ffb and sound quality and i think we can look forward to something really special.

The grapics do look amazing but I can't say that it looks real. For the most convincing graphics that made me look more than twice to see if it were real photos or not, I say that these images are the most photo realistic I've seen in a racing game so far:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mantorp-park-coming-to-raceroom-racing-experience.130567/

To me those early shots of GTR3 reminds me of Project Cars graphics - astonishing but not very photo realistic.

But I don't care so much what route they choose when it comes to graphics - I do enjoy both Project Cars and RRE graphics wise and I'm sure GTR3 will not disappoint in this area. The deal breaker for me will be the feel of the cars. Will they be able to match or surpass AC, AMS and RRE in this area. That is what I'm most eager to know and no images will ever tell - I just have to wait until the first time I drive the very game to judge if they actually have succeded. Fingers crossed!

Keep in mind that you are looking at very early stage images of a proof of concept build. A lot of changes/improvements/polish will happen over the course of the year.

But i think we all agree that the potential is there, and our artists are known for delivering top notch cars and tracks.

Combine that with simbin/sector3 physics, ffb and sound quality and i think we can look forward to something really special.
Just please don't let it end up looking like we are racing in a MMORPG world

...On the off chance you've been living under a rock these past few days you may have missed our big GTR 3 reveal recently. Following the overwhelming positive reaction to that news, Simbin UK have released a few more mouth watering images from the new graphics engine to be used in GTR4.

Assuming its just a typo..but how knows, maybe something upcoming for 2020? :roflmao:

It seems like some people rather like some graphics from 10-15 year old engines, then actual high polished photorealistic graphics. :rolleyes:
I guess most people are not "out" there, during days in the summer, when the sun is glaring down with a million lumen..only with sunglasses i guess.
Or they are just so used to the fact that the "real" sims have crappy graphics, that they fear awesome graphics = arcade game.....

Yes! This! Not something that makes feel like I'm still playing Paragon but with cars intead of people, strange creatures and explosions.
Won't complain if simbin adds explosions, and missiles, and machine guns tho hmmm... :D

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 425 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 266 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.4%
Back