What would make this unique is if it were an offline focused sim. Seems as though majority are moving to online servers rating systems and less toward a single player/career experience.
Concentrating on a dedicated AI experience where player would 'interact' with the AI not only for on track action but in the development of performance through a virtual engineer and setup, driver development through clean laps, overtakes as well as observing flags, track limits etc.. Oh yeah I have thoughts:rolleyes:
Absolutely agree. GTR2 had complete rules and good AI which didnt need to be set differently on each track or for a change of.weather ; (how not any modern game can do that?).

GTR3 should be an improved GTR2, nothing else (why some think gTR3 is a GT3 game?) : random changing weather conditions, as you stated a virtual racing engineer (total immersion racing did it years ago, although for sure it did not take in account all aspects considering the simplified phyiscs), and why not giving the opportunity to a player to be an engineer for a team with AI pilots or other players racing (then a coop feature as in the F1 games, which in terms of career are ahead of the competition).
A modern GT series and a few historical ones would be great. Pcars2 did a good job of creating (not recreating) historical series with various cars, but not enough because it had many series to cover.
I't be great to be able to race in series like BPR (F40, mclaren F1, venturi...), FIA GT97/98, FiaGt2004 (GTR2!) or the ALMS2003 (with prototypes), modern WEC. This would be more than enough.

I would accept a GTL dlc though ;)
And a Lemans dlc too (modern and historical).

Well, so much expectations, it would be probably better to install this VR plugin for GTR2... this is going to be amazing and most of these series are available.

Edit : simbin had created good fictious series, before pcars2, with the Race games. GTR3 just needs somethkng like that (GT1's in Raceroom are also a created series but not really popular (at the beginning I could always find a GT1 race online).

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa Classic. Competizione. Raceroom. rFactor2. Automobilista 2. iRacing. Gran Turismo. Forza. Need for Speed. Project Cars. Many rally titles. Younameit.

This "phoenix from the ashes" behaves and acts as if the simworld were in an urgent need for it, were desperately waiting for it. Instead we live in a golden era of race sims, me thinks, with players having the pain of widely varied choices to pick their poisons from. In such an oversaturated consumer climate to act and announce like this crew does, shows a huge misperception of what one can legitimately hope to get away with.

I am not waiting for antyhing, and I do expect nothing.

Sometimes, awful starts and mismanagements nevertheless can end in something remarkably good. Wreckfest on my mind, man, that was so terribly mishandled for years, but then, at the end, it was superb in what it does. But the potential already was to be seen many years before that happy end, however. From SimBin we have seen nothing, still. Just mighty words, misleading at times.

A simpel question on my mind: what could they do and bring what anyone of us really needs anymore in sim racing since we waited for it desperately since years, and cannot get it anywhere else?

...?

... ? ? ?

See my point...?

Last edited:
After 20 years that studio is still the same people? Or only the GTR brand name stayed alive.
Trying to hype a game that's been gone for 20 years.
The latter. As Austin points out, GTR2 development was subcontracted to Ian Bell and Slightly Mad Studios. It was basically Project CARS 0, yet somehow has better engine sounds, FFB and AI than PC2, go figure.

I don't understand why we don't double down on the iconic cars of yesteryear.
There are very few secrets relating to these cars, so why not recreate them?
If GTR3 is based on Gt3 etc I will not be interested. No matter how good a game, I'll just groan 'not another one'.
Somebody is going to do it, that game is going to make a fortune.

GT3 - hell yeah, cant get enough of it, but simply ACC don`t do the job, as it looks like NFS Prostreet, with its helicopters, flags, tents and millions of spectators standing at the track, when just doing some testing alone on the track. Same for AMS2, it looks arcadish to me.

Give me all the GT3`s from ACC in iRacing, let it rain there and im in heaven.

I don't understand why we don't double down on the iconic cars of yesteryear.
There are very few secrets relating to these cars, so why not recreate them?
If GTR3 is based on Gt3 etc I will not be interested. No matter how good a game, I'll just groan 'not another one'.
Somebody is going to do it, that game is going to make a fortune.

Because todays generation of Sim Racers don't like "hard" cars to drive, they want to jump in something that is easy, something they can bang doors with and something they can win with. Getting them to appreciate older cars which are much harder drive without TC/ABS and all that fancy stuff is not gonna happen, attention spans are short, they want it all and they want it now hence GT3 Racing is key.

Whilst, like you, I'd much prefer content that challenges the mind and would rather not have *yet another* GT3 based Sim, this is what it is these days unfortunately, current buzz sells, historics dont.

current buzz sells, historics dont.
I'm inclined to agree. I'd love to see this tested though. Maybe AMS2 would be the best chance for that as things stand? A historic tin tops DLC would be very interesting. Would it sell? Would it be less of a risk than a complete game of historic content? I know they have historic TCs with more on the way, but some more powerful cars would also be nice IMHO.

I am desperately trying to find out why using an actor from Austin Powers is a good thing. It's probably the same effect I'm looking for in a game that will never come out.

It's all the sadder, because without an apparent sponsor, the content of the game must be weak or at best tinkered with with the means at hand.

In short, I have more hope in the release of a Crash Team Racing on PC on which I will have fun than in a stillborn project.

Even a rat wanting to die wouldn't bother crossing the road to go to SimBim.

Last edited:
All I can say is surprise, surprise (NOT) when it happens it happens, I'm not going to hold my breath though....But I could be wrong.... Good Luck to all involved.

Last edited:
why cant we get a GTL2?
GT Legends 2. Another amazing brand name that was announced with a hype and died a year later already. Never heard from it since.

GTL2 would be the game that is perfectly complimentary to the current market of modern car sims, yet nobody is making it. Beats me why as the petrol engine heritage is more prominent than ever in this electric era.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back