GT Legends 2 Development Suspended - Alternative Solutions being Sought

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Tiny Feet Studios - GT Legends 2.jpg

It has been confirmed that ongoing development of 'GT Legends 2' is now at a standstill with "alternatives" being investigated to continue progress on the new game.

The announcement of a fresh GT Legends title in the works from new development team Tiny Feet Studios made headlines throughout the sim racing industry when we broke the story back in February last year, however things went rather quiet on the subject in the following months, leaving many fans to wonder exactly where the eagerly anticipated new game was heading as we roll into the first quarter of 2017.

Unfortunately I can now confirm that any further progress with the simulation has been suspended by Tiny Feet Studios as Studio Head, and former Simbiin employee, Simon Lundell is suffering from a long-term illness.

"Due to long-term illness with an unfortunate timing the development is currently at a standstill. We are investigating alternatives to get the work going as we know just how much you and we are eagerly craving for the legend to return"
said Lundell in a statement to RaceDepartment.
Of course in times like these the development of a new racing game comes a very distant second to one's ongoing health, and I am sure you will all join me in wishing Simon the best of luck for a swift and full recovery from his current illness. RaceDepartment sends it's best wishes to Simon and all at Tiny Feet Studios as alternatives are investigated to bring the game to our digital shelves.

The above statement from Simon does hold out hope that an alternative solution is being sought to ensure this game makes it into a public release, and I am sure both Simon and Tiny Feet Studios will add further comments on the subject as and when the time is right to reveal more.

We can often be a difficult and strong minded bunch of enthusiasts in the sim racing community, with very strong opinions of our favourite (and least favourite) simulations. I know Simon will be reading this article and comments, so why don't we all come together in the comments section as one and offer our best wishes to him during his recovery?

For more news and discussions regarding both the original GT Legends by Simbin Studios, and the proposed sequel GT Legends 2, head on over to the sub forum and join the discussion. We will of course aim to keep you updated with all the latest news regarding GTL2, so stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news.

Do you still think a GT Legends game has a place in today's sim racing marketplace? Would you like to see a return of the fabled franchise? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So sorry to hear your not well Simon, Get well soon..

GTL was the first real sim i got into on RD, ive always loved everything about classic racing cars. and to be able to race them in a sim was just so good. The thought of a new GTL in a modern game engine is a treat to be hold.. so yes yes yes to proper GTL2.

So sorry to hear your not well Simon, Get well soon..

GTL was the first real sim i got into on RD, ive always loved everything about classic racing cars. and to be able to race them in a sim was just so good. The thought of a new GTL in a modern game engine is a treat to be hold.. so yes yes yes to proper GTL2.
Yep, I feel the same as Rupe.
I really do hope that you get well soon Simon.

Things did seem too quiet. I had assumed it was down to the difficulty of starting a new development team but its sad to hear its due to ill health.

There are a lot of exciting developments in sim racing at the moment but none come close to the possibility of GT Legends 2 for me. So I really hope it happens some day. We've waited 10 years so I suppose we can wait a few more.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%