BREAKING: GT Legends Rebirth Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Tiny Feet Studios GT Legends.jpg

RaceDepartment have been made aware of an ambitious new project to rekindle the spirit of yesteryear with a return of the fabled GT Legends franchise, bringing a much anticipated sequel to the 2005 hit title some 11 years after its original release.

Simon Lundell is heading up new development team Tiny Feet Studios who aim to bring a second installment of the fabulous game to PC sim racers sometime in the coming years.

Although the project is very much in its infancy at this stage, RaceDepartment have been speaking with the team recently and share the enthusiasm for this project and the prospect of once again recreating the classic age of racing on modern PC simulators around the globe.

Simon is no stranger to GTL as he formed part of the SimBin development team that re-released on Steam classic titles RACE Injection, RaceRoom Racing Experience and its derivatives, GTR, GTR 2 and GT Legends. Leaving SimBin during the Swedish developers bankruptcy struggles in 2013, Simon has been concentrating his efforts on bringing the GT Legends name back into the gaming arena.

GT Legends 2.jpg

Speaking to RaceDepartment Simon had the following to say regarding the future of GT Legends

"Ever since the SimBin bankruptcy I have been working towards the GT Legends rebirth. I finally have all the paperwork in place to let you know of our plans. There are a lot challenges, and a long project, ahead of us but we remain excited and motivated for the challenges ahead and look forward to bringing a game people will love to race "

RaceDepartment are due to sit down with Tiny Feet Studios in the coming weeks and discuss what plans are in store for this new adventure however in the mean time you may have already noticed the freshly restored GTL sub forum (here) has made a return to the main section of our site… please keep an eye out for further news and stories being posted in the coming months as progress develops with this title.

We at RaceDepartment are delighted to see such a wonderful concept coming taking its first steps towards coming back to life with a proposed sequel so long after the original made its debut. We will aim to keep our readers abreast of all the latest news and features as and when they become available.

Excited about the news? Have any burning questions you want to know the answers to when we do our interview? Let us know in the comments section below!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Can't wait to hear more actual details but great to know that it is being worked on.

Well stay tuned for our interview next week ;)

Also guys, shout up in here if you have any questions you want me to consider asking in the interview, remember its still early days so please nothing like "oh dude, are you gonna have Cortina in the game" type questions please:)

Nah scratch that actually.... ask away :D @everyone

Last edited:

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
Well thats what i call news!

Is it christmas already?

:)

@Paul Jeffrey
I'm sure the physics and graphics will be up2date, same as the carlist.
Would be nice though if we could know if stuff like weather(maybe switching throughout the race), day and night, formation lap, proper starts and all stuff like this are kept in mind. (Maybe it's too early to ask stuff like that, but we could try :D)

Many titles in the past implemented lots of nice features like that which were sadly missing in our new generation of simracing. The physics and graphics improved in newer games, while nice additions like that were left out again.

Brownninja97

Premium

Also guys, shout up in here if you have any questions you want me to consider asking in the interview, remember its still early days so please nothing like "oh dude, are you gonna have Cortina in the game" type questions please:)
Only question i have is how much time will they dedicate to mod support.

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium

Will it be a complete new game, but conceptwise like GTL or basically a complete renovation of the old game?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000