Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SimBin as we all knew/loved them from the mid-2000's (GTR2, GTL) is still alive in the form of Sector3. My understanding is that this "SimBin UK" is only very tenuously related the the original SimBin.

That is only my understanding - I believe what I've stated is broadly true, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was a tester for simbin now sector3 when Raceroom first launched in 2012 up til 2017 I believe....to be honest I don't think many are left from simbin as many of the devs and staff have left over the yrs.

Simbin uk is a newly formed studio...I am not even sure the connection to simbin...I believe the head of studio is someones brother (Chris Speed) if I remember correctly ?

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SimBin as we all knew/loved them from the mid-2000's (GTR2, GTL) is still alive in the form of Sector3. My understanding is that this "SimBin UK" is only very tenuously related the the original SimBin.

That is only my understanding - I believe what I've stated is broadly true, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The actual people who built GTR 2 / GTL are Slightly Mad Studios.

I was a tester for simbin now sector3 when Raceroom first launched in 2012 up til 2017 I believe....to be honest I don't think many are left from simbin as many of the devs and staff have left over the yrs.

Simbin uk is a newly formed studio...I am not even sure the connection to simbin...I believe the head of studio is someones brother (Chris Speed) if I remember correctly ?
It is good to know. R3E is a solid game so it means that there are many talented sim racing game dev people out there. It will be interesting to know where the key members of GTR2 team are now.

I have no idea how they are going to survive with another GT3 game in current saturated sim racing games market. Nevertheless I wish them a good success.
The twist I am hoping for: Simbin UK is actually working with Sector3, preparing for R3E migration to new graphics engine!

Given what Kunos have done with ACC what could GTR3 actually bring to the sim racing table? I wouldn’t think it would be a good idea to compete directly against ACC, that wouldn’t really benefit anyone

Given what Kunos have done with ACC what could GTR3 actually bring to the sim racing table? I wouldn’t think it would be a good idea to compete directly against ACC, that wouldn’t really benefit anyone
Maybe they could include great VR support that actually runs well with decent visuals? Why wouldn't you want a competitive market?

Last edited:
Does spa have a rollercoaster in that area now?

Edit: I just checked some google photos and watched a lap of the DTM race this past season and didn't see any rollercoaster or objects that look like that in the background around spa

I'd have to agree with Austin that it's a weird looking picture of T1 at Nurburgring gp

Sorry, I thought the comment was about the image at the bottom.

Maybe they could include great VR support that actually runs well with decent visuals? Why wouldn't you want a competitive market?

Nothing against a competitive market but given the generally low user base of sims if you have two GT3 sims then either one will fail because it doesn’t match the other one or both will fail as the already limited user base is split between them and there isn’t enough players in either.

As for VR, I don’t have any issues with a Rift S, and as much as I would love for a sim to run in photo realistic visuals with perfect physics on mid range hardware the reality is something has to give.

Also from memory GTR3 was being built with the same UnrealEngine 4 as ACC has so it will have the same VR implementation

GTR3 already exists, it's called Raceroom and has way more variety than GTR2 ever did!

You can buy every single piece of content in R3E with 65 bucks, AKA the price of a normal full-budget sim, so I dunno what you're talking about.

Oh, so you've factored in the $200+ i've tipped into R3E over the years already?

If you don't mind i'll wait until they've finished with the cash cow routine, and review the final cost to complete the set once they finish it up and release the offline.exe for the game. No point me tipping another cent into their crappy microtranaction rubbish until that day arrives.

Oh, so you've factored in the $200+ i've tipped into R3E over the years already?

If you don't mind i'll wait until they've finished with the cash cow routine, and review the final cost to complete the set once they finish it up and release the offline.exe for the game. No point me tipping another cent into their crappy microtranaction rubbish until that day arrives.
In a way, you are right. I too have spent a lot of money because of their shitty payment system. The only thing worse is iRacing.

But Sector3 makes a very good product.

Talk about the hype train, less than 12 hours old and already 4 pages.
It’s a wait and see from me and even if it does eventually show up the same as they so far have not proven to be particularly honest about their product.

I know there's bugger all information about it but I'm not understanding GTR3 and "Why".... The Racing Community is already heavily fragmented around the current Sims which all offer GT racing in some variant and with ACC being the dominant leader in that regard GTR3 is gonna have to do something extraordinary to overtake it. So unless they're gonna include a pCars style Roster of Complete Series with Tracks (laserscanned of course for the hype...) then I can't see why anyone should bother.

This whole weird radio silence for years after initial "announcement" and now popping up with an Instagram & Discord channel I mean....it's very odd. I'll of course follow the hype train but won't be getting on, unless they announce the Aussie Supercars...now that would get me excited!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back