Directly from their site (Simbin UK):
"GTR3 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed GTR FIA Racing series, coming to PC and next generation consoles. Enter the world of a professional GT racing driver, across the world in Endurance racing championships."

Across the world in endurance isn't the same as World Endurance Championship. Are we sure something didn't get mixed up in translation and people might have misread something?

Certainly as there is nothing that shows up on the internet that brings out this news except RD. Not on FIA WEC, not on Simbin themselves, nothing. Just that little screenshot...1 screenshot.

Yeah, I arrived at the same conclusion. There's very little information to go on, most of which is contradictory.

I remembered when it came to RF3 what were we looking forward to, I said official WEC license...
So it seems GTR 3 has done what I've been waiting for since long ago

AMAZING news! And i actually wrote this a couple of months back when ACC Blancpain was introduced! This is going to be one wild year! On the pro-side, GTR3 probably WONT be Early Access and will be ready when it comes! Sadly i think development of ACC will continue well over a year (yes there is a timetable somewhere, just cant find it)....

AMAZING news! And i actually wrote this a couple of months back when ACC Blancpain was introduced! This is going to be one wild year! On the pro-side, GTR3 probably WONT be Early Access and will be ready when it comes! Sadly i think development of ACC will continue well over a year (yes there is a timetable somewhere, just cant find it)....
The Assetto Corsa: Competizione presentation starts @ 46:25.

DRd9lwe.jpg

Arranging the license is normally one of the first things you do. Given work began before 2017 and release was planned for this year I think there's hope for the WEC 2017. GTR came out in most countries in 2005 and covered the 2003 season. GTR2 came out in 2006 and covered the 2004 season.

Well yeah, but I find it really weird that neither GTR/Simbin or FIAWEC even mentions this news. Don't you find that just a little bit peculiar certainly when you know just how much doubt there already is with the whole "GTR3" thing?
After being in the sim racing scene for almost all my life now I find nothing peculiar anymore :laugh:.

But connecting the dots of official and unofficial news, the source in the OP confirms our off the record information which makes it a credible source.

Wait.. what did I just read Oo.
I find this even more interesting than ACC
Hopefully, GTR3 will have a rather old graphics engine, cuz my PC is from like 2010 :(

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 49 26.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 35 19.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.0%